Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Cousins didn’t want to stay either! So it’s 4 years, fifth year option if first round pick and 2 franchise tags best case scenario!

This is the best case scenario for the middling QB, run away from them when it requires big money compensation and years on a deal. Death to a franchise. 

So free agency just 5 days away and we are still clueless to what we are doing at the QB position. Still no new deals for McClaurin, Mckissick etc, and no redoing any deals with players, Flowers, Collins etc. Please tell me Rivera and Co know what they are doing for Free agency with either a free agent or a drafted QB. 

• Thumb down 1

I'm just hoping we don't panic and overpay for Jimmy G.

At this point, I'd be happy with Mariota or Trubisky,,,,trade down from 11 and maybe pick a QB late 1st round or 2nd round.   Although I'd punt on this QB class.

Let's use the cap space on the rest of the roster.

4 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

If that’s the response, then we shouldn’t touch anyone in this draft!

None of the QBs are really 1st rounders. Need (desperation) will push some teams to make a rash decision. Wouldn't draft any of them in the 1st. Want Howell, but could be had in the 2nd unless the Steelers move up. They like him

• Like 1

I know Carr is a long shot but what the heck maybe they can pull off a miracle.  I actually like Ryan but don't like his age.  Mariota by a mile is my favorite FA.

As for Trubisky the more I dive in the more I believe he's this years Rosen, Darnold but with more mobility -- he's equally a bad passer as them IMO, and not the smartest QB in the world to put it nicely.  But he can run.  If he wants 10 million plus and doesn't want a team to take a first round QB whereever he signs as some have speculated -- then I am 100% out on Trubisky.  Hard no.

I don't know if Carr gives them the buzz they are looking for with fans though.   But IMO he's the closest version to last year/Stafford situaton.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, here’s a question. 

What (realistically) can this organization do to get a top QB to want to be traded here? (Note: by “realistically”, i mean other than Snyder selling the team, because come on….that’s not realistic…..) 

i just want a top QB to choose US one day….this is just sad. 

The skins getting a proven QB is going to be near impossible.   Top tier qbs don't hit free agency, and Stafford and Wilson both chose to go elsewhere when the skins were a potential destination via trade. No one with multiple options wants to come here.  Our only way out of this rut is to hit the jackpot on a QB in the draft.  Our situation is similar to a small market baseball team, we have to nail our drafts and hope a young core ascends together and we win before the window closes.   

This is exaclty why I want the Giants to sign Trubisky.  Him and Daniel Jones IMO are variations of the same guy.  Jones IMO the better passer.  Trubisky the better runner.  But IMO they net about the same thing -- some highs, some lows but mostly below mediocre play.  "meh".  It IMO will keep them in QB purgatory hell.

Not that we are in better shape but at least we have some company if this went down IMO.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Well Ron didn't offer to move the team to the AFC, so Ron didn't do enough. Ron doesn't care about the QBs this year, he sucks.

And once Ron is gone, we can finally have someone who loves Heinicke and will hug him and give him a 5 year extension like he deserves. :hug-kiss:

• Haha 3