Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

On 1/25/2022 at 8:27 PM, mistertim said:

Yes, TH is not a very good quarterback, no matter how many other parts of the team you try to blame (or even if you hilariously try to imply that this team wouldn't have been any better if we had Aaron Rodgers at QB).

The problem with your position on this matter is that even the WFT coaches and FO don't agree with you. They've been pretty much open about the fact that they're going hard for a QB this offseason, and it's not Taylor Heinicke. It's crystal clear that they don't see him as the answer, or even a viable bridge.

If you disagree, take it up with them.

So, you truly believe, that if Rodgers was the starter with the very same squads that TH played with that the team would be in the playoffs?

Look, i know Rodgers is a damn good QB, but the saying ' can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****' applies to even him as well.  I agree that Rodgers would have won more games but to think that this team would have been playoff bound is hilarious. 

But there's one thing that comes to mind regarding ALL QBs { ok most all, especially ones coming out of college } and thats the sophomore slump. Now i'm not saying that TH went through that but he did struggle, and McKissic is a very good 3rd dwn back, and losing him and Thomas definitely hurt the team, and there could have been a couple games that TH could have pulled out had they been healthy. Is he good enough to get the team over the hump? I lean on doubting it, and the idea of getting a big time QB does sound appealing, but to say that ANY QB outside of Mahomes and maybe one other QB could have taken this team in the playoffs is a stretch.

6 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

So, you truly believe, that if Rodgers was the starter with the very same squads that TH played with that the team would be in the playoffs?

Look, i know Rodgers is a damn good QB, but the saying ' can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****' applies to even him as well.  I agree that Rodgers would have won more games but to think that this team would have been playoff bound is hilarious. 

But there's one thing that comes to mind regarding ALL QBs { ok most all, especially ones coming out of college } and thats the sophomore slump. Now i'm not saying that TH went through that but he did struggle, and McKissic is a very good 3rd dwn back, and losing him and Thomas definitely hurt the team, and there could have been a couple games that TH could have pulled out had they been healthy. Is he good enough to get the team over the hump? I lean on doubting it, and the idea of getting a big time QB does sound appealing, but to say that ANY QB outside of Mahomes and maybe one other QB could have taken this team in the playoffs is a stretch.

I don’t think it’s that hard to believe that Rodgers would have put up 18 points against Denver and 21 points against Philly.  He does that, they are in the playoffs.  Also, not a stretch that he could have put up 25 against GB and 28 against Dallas.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Heini will do so bad ; he will be cut. Beat out a rookie? A vet?  Heini couldn’t beat out a trained monkey.

I guess the Bucs, the Seahawks, the Raiders, and the Panthers just to name a few were all trained monkeys then. 

Edited by zskins

40 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Yes absolutely I believe we'd likely be in the playoffs if we had an All Pro QB like Rodgers. We lost a bunch of games where our offense was completely anemic we scored less than 20 points. No way in hell that would happen if we had Rodgers at QB. None.

I find it truly bizarre that you don't think Aaron Rodgers could have done better than Taylor Heinicke with the same weapons and OL. Heinicke was missing open guys right and left or he had open guys but he didn't have the arm talent to get it to them. Rodgers makes throws in his sleep that Heinicke couldn't even come close to on his best day. No way Rodgers misses those open guys.

This is a really weird hill to die on.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

I don’t think it’s that hard to believe that Rodgers would have put up 18 points against Denver and 21 points against Philly.  He does that, they are in the playoffs.  Also, not a stretch that he could have put up 25 against GB and 28 against Dallas.

Aaron also has 2 very much underrated talents that Heinicke doesn't have: Aaron Rodgers knows when to take a knee while running, and he knows when to do a Lambeau Leap.

Do you guys think Shanahan grabbed Trey Lance because he believes he can mold him into the QB he couldn't with RG3?  I remember on draft day, analysts being a little surprised he was the QB the 49ers drafted. I don't follow college sports and all the details going into the draft that much but maybe it had to do with how Lance was graded out overall against the field?

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Do you guys think Shanahan grabbed Trey Lance because he believes he can mold him into the QB he couldn't with RG3?  I remember on draft day, analysts being a little surprised he was the QB the 49ers drafted. I don't follow college sports and all the details going into the draft that much but maybe it had to do with how Lance was graded out overall against the field?

Probably so. Lance has all the physical tools you want in a QB. The obvious ? with him was he played D1 AA ball. Shanahan is a great offensive mind and his dad was too. They turned RG3 into OROY and won a divisional title with him knowing barely anything about the drop back passing game, and introduced the NFL to the zone read which is still effective to this day. He really changed the way professional football is played. He’s been to a super bowl and may go to another with jimmy g. Only a coach like that can turn a project like Lance into an elite qb. I think he saw that Lance had good speed but better size, coordination, and durability than RG3. You combine the zone read plays with his zone blocking run scheme and play action passes sprinkled in and it’s very dangerous. That’s why I would love to see us take Willis. Qbs like that can be phenomenal if they’re used the right way. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Oh boy...He should just stay with the Packers.

Adams and Valdes-Scantling were my WR preferences in the ES 2022 FA thread so I guess I’ll have to take Rodgers as well :) 

That’s a strange report really. The talk of a link to Denver seems very strong but my reading of that is Rodgers wants GB to retain those 2 receivers as part of the decision making process from him to stay there.

7 hours ago, skins island connection said:

This sentence doesn't make any sense. You agree that Rodgers would have won us more games, but find it hilarious that winning more games would have got us to the playoffs.

We finished at 7-10 and missed the playoffs, while the eagles finished 9-8 and made the playoffs. If we had won more games then we would have been playoff bound.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, skins island connection said:

.  I agree that Rodgers would have won more games but to think that this team would have been playoff bound is hilarious. 

You're aware that if we won more games we'd be in the playoffs, correct?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You mean to get an all-pro QB I'd have to also receive an all-pro wide receiver and.... another guy?

Deal.

I don’t see Adams signing a franchise tag there. I could see him threatening to sit out even with Rodgers there. He wants the top WR contract this offseason.

Some team is going to contact GB front office and say name your price, also recognising those WRs are technically UFA at heading towards FA.

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I don’t see Adams signing a franchise tag there. I could see him threatening to sit out even with Rodgers there. He wants the top WR contract this offseason.

Some team is going to contact GB front office and say name your price, also recognising those WRs are technically UFA at heading towards FA.

I don't think they're going to try to franchise him. I think they're just going to respect him moving on and commit to the rebuild. But we'll see.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don't think they're going to try to franchise him. I think they're just going to respect him moving on and commit to the rebuild. But we'll see.

Hope so, stick with Love at QB. One less team to think about in terms of needing a QB. 

Would be interesting to see what Tampa did if Brady bails out on them. They drafted Trask in the second round. Too soon for them to risk that drop off I would guess.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Hope so, stick with Love at QB. One less team to think about in terms of needing a QB. 

Would be interesting to see what Tampa did if Brady bails out on them. They drafted Trask in the second round. Too soon for them to risk that drop off I would guess.

Tampa, Tennessee, Vegas (if they move Carr), Seattle (If they move Wilson), Denver, Atlanta (regardless of Ryan), Washington, Miami, Detroit, Houston, Green Bay (if Rodgers goes), Miami (depends on HC), The Giants (despite Mara's words), Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Minnesota (depending on new HC) are all potential teams in the QB sweepstakes.

A lot of those teams won't actually be in it. But there are a lot of teams that need QBs. 

3 minutes ago, MrJL said:

say, not for us, but what about Colin Kaepernick?  Could someone losing out on a QB finally pull the trigger and bring him back

I don't think he'd sign with us, for any fans of his who wouldn't mind him by the way

34 years old, out of the league for the last 5 seasons and never really had a GREAT year as a QB despite the hype... Not an answer for anyone, in my opinion

image.png.cabb0fa4ed656744b340a2c512cfb154.png

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Tampa, Tennessee, Vegas (if they move Carr), Seattle (If they move Wilson), Denver, Atlanta (regardless of Ryan), Washington, Miami, Detroit, Houston, Green Bay (if Rodgers goes), Miami (depends on HC), The Giants (despite Mara's words), Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Minnesota (depending on new HC) are all potential teams in the QB sweepstakes.

A lot of those teams won't actually be in it. But there are a lot of teams that need QBs. 

Yep there’s a heap load. It is going to be a costly exercise to get hold of one. I personally can see both the Lions and Falcons going QB high in the draft.

If we are very hot on a couple of targets, we need to go all in. Big trade. Big contract offer. Otherwise we are wasting time. This is no time to be cautious. 

• Thumb down 1

5 minutes ago, MrJL said:

say, not for us, but what about Colin Kaepernick?  Could someone losing out on a QB finally pull the trigger and bring him back

I don't think he'd sign with us, for any fans of his who wouldn't mind him by the way

We have enough bad QBs on the roster. Our guys should probably go do whatever he's doing. Not that I know what that is, but I know it's not playing professional football.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

We have enough bad QBs on the roster. Our guys should probably go do whatever he's doing. Not that I know what that is, but I know it's not playing professional football.

I specifically said not for us.  It's just adding him to the conversation allows one more shift of other QBs

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Heini will do so bad ; he will be cut. Beat out a rookie? A vet?  Heini couldn’t beat out a trained monkey.

He will be the starter for 2-3 games next year if they don’t get a vet and only draft a rookie qb. 
He makes 1 million a year no other back up qb in the league could have started a whole season and won 7 games with this team.

he is a solid back up and every team needs one of those . He will be on the roster next year .