Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

He may be slightly ahead of RG3 as far as eluding hits, but I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about how their bodies respond to hits, which appears very similar.

True, he win be the first certified Tecmo Bowl popcorn QB in a while.

Edited by SkinsFTW

5 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

I was all about this....but not happening.

First draft that Peters is calling the final shot on, I think.  I expect a lot of talking will go on but after pick #2, it's on!  Can't wait to see how it pans out and then listen to Peters and Quinn and Co. speak after the draft each day about each pick.  :)  

19 minutes ago, illone said:

Love the Super Bowl pick. Might be the best odds you'll get unless we somehow end up with Mariota playing week 1 lol.

If he really put 200 on the Redskins to even win a single game he will very likely be disappointed.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not true at all.  Just don’t love either of these guys.

What QB prospects have you liked in the past and why were their flaws less worrisome to you?  (And please don't say Andrew Luck. Prospects that flawless come around once ever 10 years at the very best, usually more like 20)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

One week from tonight!  We will know who our new franchise QB will be. :)  

Looking back, I cannot believe what has transpired for our organization in a half a year. The sale, the new ownership group, the unlikely path to the SECOND PICK, the new front office, new coaching staff, an army of free agents, a potential Franchise QB.

The ride has been brief but it amazes me how much we’ve changed in such a short amount of time.

Its been absolutely amazing!

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

What QB prospects have you liked in the past and why were their flaws less worrisome to you?  (And please don't say Andrew Luck. Prospects that flawless come around once ever 10 years at the very best, usually more like 20)

I’ve been wrong about a lot of QBs.

Just because I’m not lathered up for either guy, doesn’t mean that I believe they are destined to stink.

I lean Maye because he’s the physical prototype and made the most big time throws.  I should love him, but I just dont.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Conn said:

To be fair that’s the case with nearly every single really good QB prospect. The generational guys with minimal flaws are rare, the opportunity to actually draft them, vanishingly rare. We’re in nitpick mode, understandably 

edit: I get that you just never have loved them, it’s not a matter of nitpicking for you. But there was no reason to like Allen, Herbert, even Stroud more.

My primary point was that neither give me the warm and fuzzies.  Not that giving me the warm and fuzzies is a proven method for determining QB success.

I realize we are fortunate to be in this position and I like who we’ve got making the pick.  At the end of the day, I’m going to be very hopeful about whoever we draft.  

Just for whatever reason, I can’t join the fray and be gung ho about either guy.

• Like 1

If  -- IF -- they think Daniels is the best QB, they will take him. They won't let his agent nonsense or even his possible desire to play elsewhere come into it one bit. And if you take the best "leader of men" who "owns the room" and "comes from a great family" over the guy who has the best tape and you think is the best talent... well, I'm afraid that's how you end up with Sam Darold or Josh Rosen instead of Lamar Jackson. And I trust this group knows that. 

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 2

Just now, Hooper said:

If  -- IF -- they think Daniels is the best QB, they will take him. They won't let his agent nonsense or even his possible desire to play elsewhere come into it one bit. And if you take the best "leader of men" who "owns the room" and "comes from a great family" over the guy who has the best tape and you think is the best talent... well, I'm afraid that's how you end up with Sam Darold or Josh Rosen instead of Lamar Jackson. 

Who has the best tape over their entire college career? Because that isnt close to Daniels. Just saying. 

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Who has the best tape over their entire college career? Because that isnt close to Daniels. Just saying. 

Got better every year.

Didn't regress. 

One of the best seasons in the HISTORY of college football.  No one in the class had a season like it period. 

I will be thrilled with be Maye or Daniels FWIW.

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hooper said:

if you take the best "leader of men" who "owns the room" and "comes from a great family" over the guy who has the best tape and you think is the best talent... well, I'm afraid that's how you end up with Sam Darold or Josh Rosen instead of Lamar Jackson. 

Then how do you end up with Josh Allen or John Elway or Andrew Luck??

None of these guys had the best tape.

Edited by SkinsFTW

Just now, Hooper said:

Got better every year.

Didn't regress. 

One of the best seasons in the HISTORY of college football. 

I will be thrilled with be Maye or Daniels FWIW.

Maye's first year starting was pretty damn close to Daniels FIFTH year stating. But I agree. I will be happy with either of them. This board will completely melt down If JJ is the pick. :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SkinsFTW said:

Then how do you end up with Josh Allen or John Elway or Andrew Luck??

I'm confused. 

Andrew Luck and Elway were clearly the best QBs in their class -- it wasn't even close.

Allen... think he went third in his class?  He was a freak of nature like none probably since -- his completion percentage scared everybody and few thought he could improve his accuracy (Cooley did FWIW).  

Lamar was the best player in the country, won the Heisman, and almost didn't get drafted in the first round because there were no comps to him and there were a ton of whispers about his mom. Hmmm... where have I heard that lately? 

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Maye's first year starting was pretty damn close to Daniels FIFTH year stating. But I agree. I will be happy with either of them. This board will completely melt down If JJ is the pick. :)

I have so much faith in this front office that if it’s JJ, hey I’m drinking the kool-aid. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frontline205 said:

I have so much faith in this front office that if it’s JJ, hey I’m drinking the kool-aid. 

I know, right?

And for all we know, he could turn out to be the best in the bunch.

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I'm confused. 

Andrew Luck and Elway were clearly the best QBs in their class -- it wasn't even close.

RG3 had better stats than Luck! Also if both were coming out today most teams probably take RG3 first judging by this media hype.

Tom Ramsey had better stats on a 10-1 team. Elway went 5-6 at Stanford.

Edited by SkinsFTW

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

Elway and Luck were generational prospects -- there was never any debate where they would go in the draft. 

There wasn't much doubt with Maye either until the Heisman fanboys showed up a month ago.

Also, Lamar isn't exactly the greatest comp in the world and before him we'd have heard Vick, or Randall, all  3 of which have maybe .300 playoff win percentage

Daniels also shows all the traits of not passing but instead getting sacked or running under pressure most of the time.

4 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

There wasn't much doubt with Maye either until the Heisman fanboys showed up a month ago.

Also, Lamar isn't exactly the greatest comp in the world and before him we'd have heard Vick, or Randall, all  3 of which have maybe .300 playoff win percentage

I guess all the coaches and scouts out there who tell guys like Keim that Daniels is clearly the better prospect are fanboys. 

If Daniels, Maye, or JJ turn out to be as good as Lamar or Vick, I'll be happy -- especially considering most highly picked QBs turn out to be average or flat out busts. 

And all those guys had way more question marks as passers coming in than Daniels did.

But whatever. Again, will be happy with Maye or Daniels. 

Edited by Hooper