• Now
    • Between now and Fitz is off IR and cleared to play
    • Wait until Fitz is medically cleared to play and off IR
    • Let him play out the 2021 season
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • OP is a Taylor Hater

3 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

The " exciting " plays are nice, but more times than not, Heinicki's just going to crush your hopes.

Anyone we have back there that's currently on this roster is going to crush our hopes.  We've been having our hopes crushed for years.

I'd rather have some excitement to go with it.  

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Anyone we have back there that's currently on this roster is going to crush our hopes.  We've been having our hopes crushed for years.

And 10 points to show for it 😒

Just now, Renegade7 said:

And 10 points to show for it 😒

I'll take the excitement every time.  Did you see him trailing on that play and recovering that fumble?  The 38 yard run up the middle?  The deep TD to TMC?  

Yeah, we only scored 10 points but we weren't going to beat Rodgers.  Like I said, I'll take the excitement every time.  This team is gonna lose no matter who's back there, give me the exciting guy at least.  

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Excitement?

Dude has been boring as hell.  Borderline unwatchable of late.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'll take the excitement every time.  Did you see him trailing on that play and recovering that fumble?  The 38 yard run up the middle?  The deep TD to TMC?  

I promise you that film session this week won't be pretty

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, we only scored 10 points but we weren't going to beat Rodgers.  Like I said, I'll take the excitement every time.  This team is gonna lose no matter who's back there, give me the exciting guy at least.  

We've beat him before and outgained his offense by 100+ yards today.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I promise you that film session this week won't be pretty

We've beat him before and outgained his offense by 100+ yards today.

I'm pretty sure you're putting part of the blame of scoring 10 points on his shoulders -which it is-, also ignoring TMC making a big whiff on a sure touchdown catch.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm pretty sure you're putting part of the blame of scoring 10 points on his shoulders, also ignoring TMC making a big whiff on a sure touchdown catch.  

IMO Terry's drop on that TD and his bailing out of Heinicke on the first TD sort of cancel each other out, so he's even with the house.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm pretty sure you're putting part of the blame of scoring 10 points on his shoulders, also ignoring TMC making a big whiff on a sure touchdown catch.  

A hypothetical 17 doesn't make me feel  entertaining, thats still sub20 and losing football.  His ppg are going down, we're in a losing steak. How bad do you miss Sexy Rexy? Do you want to lose for high draft picks? Because continuing to start Taylor is how you get high draft picks. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

IMO Terry's drop on that TD and his bailing out of Heinicke on the first TD sort of cancel each other out, so he's even with the house.

I think we disagree here.  Terry made a great catch for the first one, but whiffing on a ball that hit him in the chest is pretty inexcusable.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Open up the playbook that you cant right now with Taylor's limitations.  Anyone here believe we go 0-4 with Kyle Allen? Not a single touchdown or fg?

If you can guarantee that with Allen we will win the next 11. Then yes put him in so we can go to the playoffs with him. 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

A hypothetical 17 doesn't make me feel  entertaining, thats still sub20 and losing football.  His ppg are going down, we're in a losing steak. How bad do you miss Sexy Rexy? Do you want to lose for high draft picks? Because continuing to start Taylor is how you get high draft picks. 

Sure, I want a high draft pick.  I mean, we're probably gonna **** that up too but winning another 2 games or so doesn't really help things in the long run.   I don't think we'll be picking #1 but I'd rather be picking in the top 5 instead of somewhere 8-12.  

• Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

Open up the playbook so we can see what? We will go 0-4 with Allen. It is not like our D is going to become unstoppable because Allen in under center now. 

Our defense isn't why we lost today, it was our offense.  Holding Rodgers to 24 points in Green Bay is miracle, 4 turnovers and 0-4 in the red zone is why we lost.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Sure, I want a high draft pick.  I mean, we're probably gonna **** that up too but winning another 2 games or so doesn't really help things in the long run.   I don't think we'll be picking #1 but I'd rather be picking in the top 5 instead of somewhere 8-12.  

If you want to lose, I have to take your opinion in whats best for the team with a grain of salt. We still cool though 

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Our defense isn't why we lost today, it was our offense.  Holding Rodgers to 24 points in Green Bay is miracle, 4 turnovers and 0-4 in the red zone is why we lost.

But can you say Allen will get you 11 wins and a playoff berth?

If not then there is no point in putting in Allen. 

I'm also not really sure about the whole "at least it's exciting" thing.

I don't think a team that scores 10 points is exciting. If Heinicke were throwing 4TDs and 3 INTs per game then that would probably be pretty exciting because we'd see a fair amount of turnovers but we'd also be scoring a lot. That's sort of the Favre model. Might drive you nuts with interceptions but he'll put up a bunch of points to make up for it.

Now we have turnovers to go along with low scores. Not really very fun or exciting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

If you want to win, I have to take your opinion in whats best for the team with a grain of salt. We still cool though 

Alright.  Personally, I don't see us winning a game for the rest of the season.  But let's just say for arguments sake we beat the Panthers somehow and end up 3-14.  We're probably picking in the top 5.

Or, we **** around and win, like, 5 more games.  Go 7-10.   Probably picking 7-10, somewhere in there.

Explain to me how picking 7th is what's best for the team vs. picking 5th.

IMO, either you're all in on the season and you're in it to win it or you're completely rebuilding.  This in between **** is stupid and meaningless.  Now I think going 7-9 last year and winning the division, while really fun and exciting at the time, was probably the worst thing we could have done, this team was just not good enough to ascend to play a schedule that a division winner gets the next season.  The offseason didn't help, practically all the moves we've made have been whiffs.  

Give me the draft picks, even though we'll probably screw that up, too.  This franchise needs a fantastic rookie QB way more than it needs meaningless wins in a meaningless season.  

….he went from “intriguing” to “ass” pretty quickly. That interception was nothing more than not having the necessary arm strength to play in this league. I can’t get to invested in the debate one way or the other because the idea of him starting games is bordering on the third string JV QB try to play varsity but I think it’s pretty clear he stinks. Even the “exciting” plays are few and far between now. Just a lot of “what the hell” throws. At least Kyle Allen looks different so there’s that. 

I think a more accurate description is “atleast we get a few exciting plays” vs. “Atleast it’s exciting”.  

He does provide a few plays that show you the offense still has a pulse.  But generally speaking, overall, exciting would be at the very bottom of the list of words I’d use to describe watching him play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think a more accurate description is “atleast we get a few exciting plays” vs. “Atleast it’s exciting”.  

He does provide a few plays that show you the offense still has a pulse.  But generally speaking, overall, exciting would be at the very bottom of the list of words I’d use to describe watching him play.

We were lucky though you guys didn’t score on those red zone trips. If so we would have been in a tight game or lost the game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been thinking for weeks the D was not the problem.  The offense puts more points up and takes more time off the clock and the last two games look a lot different. 

This game just made it more obvious is all.

Joe Barry isn't actually suddenly an amazing D coordinator.  Having a good offense that keeps the other one off the field is the best defense.

Edited by JesseNeckred

16 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

….he went from “intriguing” to “ass” pretty quickly. That interception was nothing more than not having the necessary arm strength to play in this league. I can’t get to invested in the debate one way or the other because the idea of him starting games is bordering on the third string JV QB try to play varsity but I think it’s pretty clear he stinks. Even the “exciting” plays are few and far between now. Just a lot of “what the hell” throws. At least Kyle Allen looks different so there’s that. 

The int was a back shoulder throw that was off by about one foot.  The WR was way to slow to look back shoulder.  If the throw is one foot toward the front corner of the end zone and Terry is the WR, it is an easy TD.  It had zero to do with arm strength.  

Edited by ILikeBilly