Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The Third Forgotten NY Football Team

TK

22 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I blew up Jay for this, so I’m going to blow up Ron for it also: They dudnt take the opportunities given to them in the pre-season to mesh as a team.  I just listened to Ron’s presser, and he kept saying they need to work as a tram, they have young guys, etc.

Well, the way you figure out how much your team knows and how they are translating it is by playing them more in the preseason. They didn’t take the opportunity and now they’re all out of sorts.  

To me, more concerning than the DL or the LB is the secondary.  Because we knew the LBs stunk, and the DL seems to be more individual effort stuff.

But somehow in the off season, they totally broke the secondary.  This is mid-tenure Barry/Manusky stuff we’re seeing with big soft zones and players covering grass.  And it wasn’t that way last year.  Whatever they did in the off season completely broke the unit.  And they’ve got to put it back together again.  

As a huge Gruden non-fan, I’m not impressed by Ron either.  I hope he proves me wrong…..Gruden did not.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

I’m excited for when the defense gets back on track and you both disappear again.

Lol bro you sound like a sore loser, I already made truths about this topic. You act like I want him to fail. I never disappeared either  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

the amount of slander I received is unforgivable

I was never on either side of the argument but you shouldn't have went dark because in the end you look to be right, and it wasn't just you.  There was a very small contingent of pre draft talking heads who didn't think Chase was all that but they got drowned out just as you did.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Redwolves92 said:

It just doesnt matter what coach or player comes here with their good track record. They all turn into ass. Absolutely disgusting. Something going on behind the scenes we may not know about. 

Ya its name is Dan Snyder

29 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

I know why it happened the way it did…but that doesn’t make it right. 

AZ drafted Murray after drafting Rosen in the first round

Carolina drafted Newton after drafting Clausen in the second round

You are allowed to move on from mistakes

That was not an option without the owner buying in. It took one more year to get that done

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

As a huge Gruden non-fan, I’m not impressed by Ron either.  I hope he proves me wrong…..Gruden did not.

I was impressed with Ron last year.  The team improved, they were tough and resilient. And he took over a mess and was battling cancer. 

I was THE anti-Gruden poster on the board. I see a huge difference between the two.

But, what’s good for the goose is good fir the gander. I think they screwed up how they approached the off season, and misjudged where they were.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

What are we supposed to judge him on until he gets his QB in the draft, until then I guess you can crush him for the two drafts he controlled but its still early.

Ron said at his presser internal expectations might not be the same as the fans and media so to me the translation on that is "We knew we weren't that good and still have major spots to fill but I'm not going to tell you that because its not going to help me coach the players I have on the field today".

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t remember what he said?

GoatFerotte? Just that Chase was a total bust.

Just now, 86 Snyder said:

You spelled "my bad" wrong.

No I didn't, but I tried to extend an olive branch. 

I used Raped correctly. Go get offended in your basement and stfu.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Payne was great and Allen was getting there too, but zero edge play. When Payne starts blowing **** up, something is up. I think there is a major drama issue.

Yeah, the interior pressure was there for the most part.  I just saw some ridiculously undisciplined rushes from the edge.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

GoatFerotte? Just that Chase was a total bust.

Well, he wasn’t last year.  But he’s been in a milk carton this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, the interior pressure was there for the most part.  I just saw some ridiculously undisciplined rushes from the edge.

Well, he wasn’t last year.  But he’s been in a milk carton this year.

So frustrating. If those two are crushing the middle and the QB can't just back up, they'd be looking like all stars.

I really think there is a personality issue on this team. I think it's drama.