Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

12 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

I'll be there cheering on my team. You should come and join me. Better than just crying all the time. Don't let Dan steal your joy. 

I'll be at home cheering on my team. You should join us in boycotting until he sells. Better than giving him your money. Don't let Dan steal your money. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

2 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Look man I get it I know it’s easy to blame the team for it they do a lot wrong. But to address a couple of your points. You said you could see the team holding out on the black jerseys to get a secondary sales spike. While that sounds plausible and sure there might would be an uptick in sales it really wouldn’t affect the teams bottom dollar unless it was sold strictly in the team store. When merch (especially jerseys) comes from big retailers like fanatics, dicks, nflshop, etc it’s split between the player (nflpa), all 32 teams equally, the retailer, and the manufacturer. The only time the team gets a bigger cut is when it’s sold physically at the team store. What that means is a secondary sale spike would do very little to the teams bottom line.
Secondly why would nike wait to release the black jerseys or produce those last? Well they had to produce 3 entirely new jerseys for this team while also producing new salute the service, nike rflctv    And atmosphere jerseys for EVERY nfl team. So they’ve had to manufacture up to this point 5 entirely new jerseys for this franchise alone since February so is it really that hard to believe that with all of the supply chain issues etc that it’s just taking some time? 

Nike can be told what jerseys to prioritize in a specific order for a specific team.  If Commanders didn't clarify priority in Feburary, it is their fault, there's no indication they did in anticipation of anticipated demand.

No, I do not understand why the black jerseys were put out same time even it was uo front about the delivery time being a while.  The black jerseys were and are going to be insanely more popular then the Salute and rflctv jerseys.

Benefit of the doubt is earned, not given, I don't assume the worst with this franchise when it comes to off the field stuff, it's just lately its rare not just as bad or worse then actually presented.

It is a logistical failure ahead of the blackout game, had 9 months, if you don't want to give the franchise the blame, they still have ultimate responsibility here.  They won't own it, explain it, and importantly blame Nike for it (which would be easy to do if true).

6 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I swear we jus went over this topic a couple pages ago.

Staying home doing nothing isn't a protest, especially if the other teams fans take our place in the stadium.  It doesn't change the money flow for Snyder at all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Nike can be told what jerseys to prioritize in a specific order for a specific team.  If Commanders didn't clarify priority in Feburary, it is their fault, there's no indication they did in anticipation of anticipated demand.

No, I do not understand why the black jerseys were put out same time even it was uo front about the delivery time being a while.  The black jerseys were and are going to be insanely more popular then the Salute and rflctv jerseys.

Benefit of the doubt is earned, not given, I don't assume the worst with this franchise when it comes to off the field stuff, it's just lately its rare not just as bad or worse then actually presented.

It is a logistical failure ahead of the blackout game, had 9 months, if you don't want to give the franchise the blame, they still have ultimate responsibility here.  They won't own it, explain it, and importantly blame Nike for it (which would be easy to do if true).

Staying home doing nothing isn't a protest, especially if the other teams fans take our place in the stadium.  It doesn't change the money flow for Snyder at all.

You can try to convince me that spending 400 dollars at Fedex every other Sunday isn't me giving my hard-earned money to Snyder, but I will probably tell you otherwise. 

I can't stop other teams' fans from going there, but I can sit my ass at home every Sunday. 

Imagine a home game with only Packer or Vikings fans. If that doesn't get the point across then nothing will. 

oh good lord are we REALLY having this conversation again? How about, we let other people make their own choices, and not try to convince people to join us, whether that be convincing others to join in a boycott or convincing others to come cheer at the stadium. 

All it’s going to lead to is both sides attacking the other. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Thumb up 2

11 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

You can try to convince me that spending 400 dollars at Fedex every other Sunday isn't me giving my hard-earned money to Snyder, but I will probably tell you otherwise. 

I'm not trying to, I'm telling you keeping it isn't making the dent you think it is.  It's not even adding up the way folks hope when more people do it.

I can't stop other teams' fans from going there, but I can sit my ass at home every Sunday. 

And this is a huge reason why.  The area is too transient, if it wasn't so many fans from other teams and we actually had games with under 20k or 15k, that'd be one thing, buts it's not working.

Imagine a home game with only Packer or Vikings fans. If that doesn't get the point across then nothing will. 

The Packers game was pretty close to that, I was at a finale against the Eagles where we got shut out and it was easily 90-10 Eagles fans.  It's been years now this has been happening, and what I've come to realize is that it's because it's not unheard of for this to happen in other stadiums as well. 

Sofi gets taken over all the time, so do the Cardinals, this won't get the point across because we're jus another team this happens to now, even if once upon a time it didn't, it doesn't matter because money is what matters most to billions over optics.

Don't go, free country, but stop trying to convince yourself or others that not going to the games is going to change the NFL's mind, it's gonna have to take way way more then that.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

oh good lord are we REALLY having this conversation again? How about, we let other people make their own choices, and not try to convince people to join us, whether that be convincing others to join in a boycott or convincing others to come cheer at the stadium. 

I will always try to convince people not to go, but only those that are on the fence, not the ones that think it's a good idea. It's a lost cause. 

If you're out there and you're reading don't go! There are dozens of us!

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep, considering the subject matter I’m surprised it took this long tbh.  

RE:  bolded - exactly, but that would be too easy.  (And not to derail but this line of thinking would work regarding a number of topics). 

RE:  “dozens of us” - lol, 🤦‍♂️ a whole dozens?  

Edited by stoshuaj

11 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Yep, considering the subject matter I’m surprised it took this long tbh.  

RE:  bolded - exactly, but that would be too easy.  (And not to derail but this line of thinking would work regarding a number of topics). 

RE:  “dozens of us” - lol, 🤦‍♂️ a whole dozens?  

It’s an arrested development reference.

Also, based on attendance numbers, there are far more people staying home than wanting to attend the games, at least two dozen more by my count. 😉

50 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Also, based on attendance numbers, there are far more people staying home than wanting to attend the games, at least two dozen more by my count. 😉

Based on potential max attendance availability of ~62k vs an estimated 122 million tvs available in the US alone,  there will always be far more ppl staying home 🤦‍♂️  to watch the game 

but, yeah, you’re right, at least two dozen….

butvfir the record, my “leave ppl the hell alone” stance goes both ways

Edited by stoshuaj

6 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Based on potential max attendance availability of ~62k vs an estimated 122 million tvs available in the US alone,  there will always be far more ppl staying home 🤦‍♂️  to watch the game 

but, yeah, you’re right, at least two dozen….

butvfir the record, my “leave ppl the hell alone” stance goes both ways

Do you think the number of Commanders fans that attend the games is greater than the number of commanders fans that stay home on purpose? I’d be willing to bet there are far more self described fans that would rather stay home. Do you disagree?

38 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Do you think the number of Commanders fans that attend the games is greater than the number of commanders fans that stay home on purpose? I’d be willing to bet there are far more self described fans that would rather stay home. Do you disagree?

I think you’re discussing numbers that can’t be compared.  There are an undeniable more fans that stay home on any given Sunday for a myriad reasons if for no other reason that there may be a hypothetical million fans that can’t make the game whether they want to or not.  IE: the one Cmdr fan in Hawaii may want  to attend the game but he would rather stay home for a number of reasons of which neither you or I could determine.   

If you were referencing percentages then maybe but since there is no way to quantify either, it’s a moot point.

Edited by stoshuaj

11 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

I think you’re discussing numbers that can’t be compared.  IE: the one Cmdr fan in Hawaii may want  to attend the game but he would rather stay home for a number of reasons of which neither you or I could determine.   If you were referencing percentages then maybe but since there is no way to quantify either, it’s a moot point.

No I mean people in this area. Not people that have to travel. In this market, the 8th largest in the NFL I believe, do you think there are more commanders fans that attend games than those that chose to stay home instead of attending?

For instance I am a fan that lives in the area and chooses not to attend games even though I am financially able to. 

If the stadium holds 62k, is only filled with 52k, and half of those fans are visiting team fans that gives you roughly 26k commanders fans at a home game.

Do you think that in this market they’re aren’t 26k plus people sitting at home ever Sunday? Local fans who chose not to attend a Commanders game? I sure do. I bet the number is actually very high, especially given the market size, especially give that 10 years ago, it’s was damn near at 91k capacity with a majority of fans being Redskins fans. 

Edited by CobraCommander

45 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

No I mean people in this area. Not people that have to travel. In this market, the 8th largest in the NFL I believe, do you think there are more commanders fans that attend games than those that chose to stay home instead of attending?

For instance I am a fan that lives in the area and chooses not to attend games even though I am financially able to. 

If the stadium holds 62k, is only filled with 52k, and half of those fans are visiting team fans that gives you roughly 26k commanders fans at a home game.

Do you think that in this market they’re aren’t 26k plus people sitting at home ever Sunday? Local fans who chose not to attend a Commanders game? I sure do. I bet the number is actually very high, especially given the market size, especially give that 10 years ago, it’s was damn near at 91k capacity with a majority of fans being Redskins fans. 

That’s a different question/standard for sure.  Put me in the “don’t know/don’t care” camp.  To each his own.  Not going to care what someone else chooses to do with their time/money and, don’t really think it matters a ton anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

16 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

If you're out there and you're reading don't go! There are dozens of us!

Dozens?

Try 100s of thousands!

Doofus Dan's team went from having sold out games for decades consecutively and 200k waiting for season tickets to having to tear out 30k seats, drop prices to almost nothing, promise fans a bunch of perks that waste coaches and players time, throw in some coupons, sell tickets through churches, etc and they still can't sell out games.

And half the fans that show up are cheering for the other team!

That's Winning!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Dozens?

Try 100s of thousands!

Doofus Dan's team went from having sold out games for decades consecutively and 200k waiting for season tickets to having to tear out 30k seats, drop prices to almost nothing, promise fans a bunch of perks that waste coaches and players time, throw in some coupons, sell tickets through churches, etc and they still can't sell out games.

And half the fans that show up are cheering for the other team!

That's Winning!

You do realize that's a clever reference to an episode of Arrested Development?     A pretty good one at that 🍻

There are dozens of us! (Arrested Development)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 11/1/2022 at 9:19 AM, Renegade7 said:

Two quick things the team cannot tell nike to prioritize the black alternates over the rflctv and salute jerseys as that’s an nfl wide jersey not team specific. Trust me I get that it’s hard to give them benefit of the doubt on some of these things. Lack of advertising for example. Called into grant and Danny Monday and they had no clue there even was a black out game this weekend.
Second quick thing totally agree with your second point at the bottom. It’s part of reason I bought season tickets because honestly im done letting Snyder affect my fandom. Ive never met the man and Dude doesn’t pay my bills so I refuse to let him take something I enjoy doing from me. Especially when all you have to do is look at the Covid year and see without a shadow of a doubt that no fans could show up and he would be the exact same billionaire he was before. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait how did nobody know there was a blackout game this weekend? It was part of the game themes the team announced back in June 😂 if people forgot, that’s on them.

Oh yeah dude grant was like is that a real thing or did you make it up? Lmao 

Just now, Skinsfan1311 said:

See you Sunday?

I’m wondering if ticket sales go up 🤣🤣🤣

Sale goes through and the season ticket sales will go through the roof. I'm already texting my buddy about getting a set for next year. We had them for ten years and gave them up because we didn't want to support Snyder. 

Hopefully everything lines up and we can get back to tailgating in A51.