Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Preseason 2021 - Football Team vs. Ravens

zCommander

Our coordinators are awful. Yes even JDR, he took an elite defense in Denver and was only able to get them above average. Wade Phillips took his above average defense and fine tuned it, turning the into them top D in the league. I have never been impressed with Turner either. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

11 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Who you swapping in for Allen? Sure as hell isn't Montez... scouring the waiver wire?

Keep a 3rd QB on the PS. I think it's a bigger PS again this year. Right? Keep 2. If Turner wanted to give Allen a chance to move it around, he did a ****ty job calling the same bunched stuff for 1.5 Q before a few deeper passes. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

‘21 would be a proper way to phrase it then, cause just “21” could mean the number 21, which people associate with Sean Taylor 

13 minutes ago, dunfer said:

2021 🥺

Translation: You need to run your posts through the CF93 filter so he understands what you're saying. :silly:

• Haha 1

Just now, bh32 said:

The moment Harbaugh started flexing like he is some alpha,Rivera should of sent the 1st Defense out there and pummel Jackson.

And there's your difference. Har**** is like school in the summer time. No class. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Keep a 3rd QB on the PS. I think it's a bigger PS again this year. Right? Keep 2. If Turner wanted to give Allen a chance to move it around, he did a ****ty job calling the same bunched stuff for 1.5 Q before a few deeper passes. 

yeah. I agree. Allen is getting cut. And if the guy is even eligable for the practice squad you put him there. 

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Our coordinators are awful. Yes even JDR, he took an elite defense in Denver and was only able to get them above average. Wade Phillips took his above average defense and fine tuned it, turning the into the top D in the league. I have never been impressed with Turner either. 

I think JDR will be fine as D coordinator and definitely better than anyone we have had in a while.  Our defense held the Bengals to like two first downs during the first half last week (or something like that).  As terrible as these 3rd stringers look right now our defense will be okay. 

I think I've been one of the more vocal critics of Turner on the board.  But I acknowledge that the QB play last season limited what he could do.  For me the jury is still out on him and he may be the biggest question mark on the entire team, coaches and players included.  I've said it before - Scott Turner will likely be the biggest X factor in determining our success / how many games we win this season (assuming Fitz stays healthy).