Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES DMV Happy Hour (Now with a Poll)

PleaseBlitz

For Headcount Purposes, Vote Yes If You Are Likely To Attend (Assume It Is A Saturday In Sept)  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Likely To Attend?

• Yes, gonna try to make it assuming the timing works
    • No

26 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Well, so much for my Airbnb search skills.

That looks pretty cool, but it says "no events or parties." How exactly would we describe ourselves? And how could you have 16 people in one house without it being some sort of event or party? I feel like there's a semantics issue here...

31 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Well, so much for my Airbnb search skills.

That looks pretty cool, but it says "no events or parties." How exactly would we describe ourselves? And how could you have 16 people in one house without it being some sort of event or party? I feel like there's a semantics issue here...

Church group hosting a weekend prayer retreat.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

My understanding is that means you can’t book it for 16 people, then have another 100 show up to hang out

This thread is getting pulled way off track.  Given the number of people who find it difficult to get away for like 3 hours to a local bar, I don't think escalating it to "all weekend road trip to middle of ****ing nowhere" is a viable solution.  Or, at least, is different enough to warrant a separate thread.  

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This thread is getting pulled way off track.  Given the number of people who find it difficult to get away for like 3 hours to a local bar, I don't think escalating it to "all weekend road trip to middle of ****ing nowhere" is a viable solution.  Or, at least, is different enough to warrant a separate thread.  

Yeah I think the mansion thing sounds fun but a bit much.

We have 13 so far. I think that's right in that zone that's in between "small enough to meet at a bar" and "big enough to rent a room somewhere". But I'd also assume that there will be a few who say yes but can't end up coming because of other things that come up.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I think the mansion thing sounds fun but a bit much.

We have 13 so far. I think that's right in that zone that's in between "small enough to meet at a bar" and "big enough to rent a room somewhere". But I'd also assume that there will be a few who say yes but can't end up coming because of other things that come up.

Yep.  I think 15 or less and we don't need to make any special preparations or even inform the establishment that we are coming.  More than that and we probably want to at least talk to the bar beforehand. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 5:11 PM, Forehead said:

Well considering I live in the Falls Church/McLean area, I can tell you what my vote is.  I met up with @China and @mcsluggo once; they both are local too, or at least used to be.

Rather than follow this thread last week, i was.......... 

2yT8_W6VH_WiaebJsjPgt-B7PZ4N9JhQZTRJ4NXKgrfOVH1RJhddKLL0dDb1mOHAiq0mZXGFyIu6USb1KedLMHMVuhuNLK-7FhEckWjMIIn7IJyE0FJMC7CaYOd81VFF1CDETzoNPVEbd1YBv4VmBl8BYS1W72diLEkKOYvLSXYCbdr2lc3VeHkwzYsPXPd4CxtCCPOoMzfgM_Q9HmrLWbzVZ1trb3-74-KoTX2M3B3xk2YVq1TiKXe-xlpZW-LmIRcw4VRdCU8VeOwsuxHqM22ejBznMpcCgMNnk7rvI50HSTeseUsBNA8VQ4TXrrrax-9vObkaUUrBADmlxspZ55sPQthDS0mZ7EkVCIFibf-GKNd5UJvXown3N7Qv4IWu_35fy5tIWZoh9BE9Ae5Gh-YKyWZCOQvT1J-hMiloN0JT05w-vaOVSNSC8zDfVjuREXmsFj9JDxUch9ogLcA0-tFCls6JaC3q8uLBf0e6uapeZHIbw0BmO3wreN4-DgRI4oOv6PNGyxiPiQpg_N0LsgaQooo9JkkVy8cTZ9iypmc1rHZeSUGIrZHGxAvfkuwiqIahSWvhF6eNFUCKu-Ys9qZ8FEB1bjo1G7mv9zpafo_7yKznGl03jLpyQarIsE0TGMSRtwppdByGSOUJIndD8JjslMGxjjxbh_cqUkc_590W1Sb0FPsa4ch27VGW9xdsufOJ_7FrHBZyr7sk0hJpOAu44A=w1204-h903-no?authuser=0

now that i am back in "civilization", i am happy to slum it with you chumps.     

........ provided someone buys me drinks, drives me home, tucks me in bed, and kisses me on the forehead.  

when push comes to shove.....    i will only require the  driving, the tucking and the smooching :)    

• Haha 1

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

This hits a lot of my criteria, but website does not show any kind of outdoor space.  Have you been there yet?

There is outdoor seating. Tables with umbrellas.  They did have a couple sets of cornhole boards set up.

The format for the beer is self serve. You get a plastic card.  You use the card to activate any of the 12 to 14 taps and self pour your beer.  The card keeps track of the number of ounces you pour.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This hits a lot of my criteria, but website does not show any kind of outdoor space.  Have you been there yet?

Went there on Sunday.  Basically it’s the back of an industrial park.  My daughter’s gymnastics is in front.  They have part of the parking lot roped off for outdoor seating…with table umbrellas, I think.  They don’t serve food, but you can bring food in.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

There is outdoor seating. Tables with umbrellas.  They did have a couple sets of cornhole boards set up.

The format for the beer is self serve. You get a plastic card.  You use the card to activate any of the 12 to 14 taps and self pour your beer.  The card keeps track of the number of ounces you pour.  

Is it beer only?  That sucks.  We are liquor drinkers.

12 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Went there on Sunday.  Basically it’s the back of an industrial park.  My daughter’s gymnastics is in front.  They have part of the parking lot roped off for outdoor seating…with table umbrellas, I think.  They don’t serve food, but you can bring food in.

Looks like they invite food trucks on Saturdays.  

12 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Is it beer only?  That sucks.  We are liquor drinkers.

Usually I'm the same, but I can change it up if people are enthusiastic about this place.  I'll change the poll later in the week to a few venue options.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Beer any good?

also microbrewery might be a bit tight for 15. 

im also expecting 15 to turn into like 8 so, probably doesn’t matter. 

15 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I thought in VA you have to serve food if you serve alcohol...

Breweries and wineries are under their own rules. They’re only allowed open until 9 or 10 too. 

bars are required to have over 50% of their sales be food. Not sure how strictly that’s followed 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Beer any good?

also microbrewery might be a bit tight for 15. 

im also expecting 15 to turn into like 8 so, probably doesn’t matter. 

Breweries and wineries are under their own rules. They’re only allowed open until 9 or 10 too. 

bars are required to have over 50% of their sales be food. Not sure how strictly that’s followed 

I just did a quick drop in when picking up my daughter.  I just checked out the scene, but didn’t get a chance to partake.

• Like 1