Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah, they should do what we should do as well as about 20 other teams and just go get one of the elite QBs. No idea why most teams don't do that.

If I'm the Titans, I try to do something crazy like the Rams just did by getting rid of an inferior Goff for Stafford, regardless of the extra price in picks.  I don't know who or how, but what else does that team need besides a QB?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I mean, if you're just going by stats, Tannehill is, at worst, borderline elite. 

Idk, man, what's borderline elite to you, then? 

He's 16th in passing yards this season, 11th in completion %, 16th in TDs, has the 8th most ints in the league, and 20th at QB rating.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/passing.htm

That doesn't sound borderline elite to me at all, that's sounds mediocre at best.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

They are AFC, maybe make Packers an offer they can't refuse for Rodgers? Seahawks for Wilson? I wouldn't draft a QB, that team is super bowl ready right now.

That’s tough to do with Rodgers. He could easily retire and just not show up. Wilson is a safer bet to try that with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Idk, man, what's borderline elite to you, then? 

He's 16th in passing yards this season, 11th in completion %, 16th in TDs, has the 8th most ints in the league, and 20th at QB rating.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/passing.htm

That doesn't sound borderline elite to me at all, that's sounds mediocre at best.

Top 10 in QBR three years in a row, 5th in passer rating in 19 1st in 2020.

W-L record 31-14.

Bit of a down year, but numbers wise he's a stud. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Top 10 in QBR three years in a row, 5th in passer rating in 19 1st in 2020.

W-L record 31-14.

Bit of a down year, but numbers wise he's a stud. 

*squints face, pro football reference has Tannehill as 4th in QBR in 2020, then Fitzmagic at #5.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing.htm

I'd say there's more to being an elite QB then a high QBR.

Same with "winning", Rams went to the super bowl with Goff but still clearly realized he wasn't the one to win it for them.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

*squints face, pro football reference has Tannehill as 4th in QBR in 2020, then Fitzmagic at #5.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing.htm

I'd say there's more to being an elite QB then a high QBR.

Same with "winning", Rams went to the super bowl with Goff but still clearly realized he wasn't the one to win it for them.

So, let's be clear here- I never said he was elite. Someone posted that his performance yesterday wasn't as bad as it seemed (I missed the game, so no idea if that's true) and you posted to stats to prove that he was "super meh" and "clearly holding them back".

My main point is if you're going to use numbers, then the numbers say he borders on elite. So, you can use numbers or not. But that's what the numbers say.

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t know, grinding the clock down for a game winning TD 

That would be a great drive to work out that way. Also no one can break off a long play.