Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think TE depth is going to be an issue again this year as Bates and Reyes develop.  

And we’re one injury away from having no experience at all at TE, and that’s terrifying.

In 2022, it might be a huge strength of the team.  But in 2021, it’s scary young.  

I'm fine with it, if Logan goes down the offense is going to take a hit regardless. Most teams don't have a starter just sitting on the bench anyways and it would give us a good opportunity to see what Bates brings early. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terpfan said:

“Is Sammis Reyes in the International Pathway Program?” and “What does Peyton Barber do well?” are in a close race for most responded to questions in this thread. 😂

Off topic but, how do we pronounce Sammis?  "Sam-is" or "Sam-my" or something else?  Realized while talking to someone that I didn't know how it's said.

21 minutes ago, carex said:

They cut Sims Jr yesterday that's five

I think that cut was to activate David Sharpe. According to the beat reporters they still owe one more. 

23 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Off topic but, how do we pronounce Sammis?  "Sam-is" or "Sam-my" or something else?  Realized while talking to someone that I didn't know how it's said.

I think it’s closest to Sah-mis. Some people I think have been calling him Sammy as a nickname but I don’t believe the S is silent. 

Edited by terpfan
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The huge plus about Milne is, since he's apparently only 12 years old, based on our best guess, that means he has a LOT of future growing to do ; height, weight, speed, strength, development-wise, etc

So the excellence that we're already seeing, is just scratching the surface

You missed your calling bro.  You need not post your opinions on ES but rather be on stage as a comedian.  When you get your first gig be sure to let me know so I can come see you.  :)  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I bet you won’t say that to his strangely mature face

How can you be so sure, that me and Jarrett aren't tight ?

Actually, from what I gather and learned of him, he has a thick sense of humor. So my bet is that he would genuinely laugh.

In fact, he was on GMFB, and one of the hosts literally called him "vertically-challenged" to his face, and he literally bent over, and LOL-belly-laughed

Ranking every NFL team's position group from 1-32 for the 2021 season: Top QB, WR, CB units and more

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/32015903/ranking-every-nfl-team-position-group-1-32-2021-season-top-qb-wr-cb-units-more

OVERALL

RANK TEAM RANK TEAM
1 TB 17 LAC
2 GB 18 NE
3 CLE 19 NO
4 BAL 20 IND
5 DAL 21 NYG
6 MIN 22 LV
7 TEN 23 CIN
8 SEA 24 MIA
9 ARI 25 PHI
10 BUF 26 ATL
11 KC 27 JAX
12 PIT 28 CHI
13 WSH 29 DET
14 LAR 30 CAR
15 SF 31 NYJ
16 DEN 32 HOU

CORNERBACK UNITS

RANK TEAM RANK TEAM
1 BAL 17 HOU
2 DEN 18 LV
3 MIA 19 CIN
4 NE 20 CAR
5 LAR 21 TEN
6 CLE 22 LAC
7 NYG 23 ARI
8 WSH 24 NO
9 IND 25 KC
10 GB 26 PIT
11 MIN 27 ATL
12 BUF 28 DAL
13 TB 29 DET
14 PHI 30 CHI
15 JAX 31 SEA
16 SF 32 NYJ

EDGE RUSHER UNITS

RANK TEAM RANK TEAM
1 CLE 17 LV
2 SF 18 TEN
3 PIT 19 NE
4 WSH 20 CIN
5 DEN 21 JAX
6 NO 22 SEA
7 GB 23 BUF
8 CHI 24 BAL
9 TB 25 MIA
10 DAL 26 LAR
11 LAC 27 HOU
12 PHI 28 IND
13 ARI 29 KC
14 CAR 30 NYG
15 DET 31 NYJ
16 MIN 32 ATL

INTERIOR DEFENSIVE LINE UNITS

RANK TEAM RANK TEAM
1 PIT 17 GB
2 LAR 18 DEN
3 NYG 19 CIN
4 WSH 20 NE
5 BAL 21 CAR
6 KC 22 LV
7 MIN 23 LAC
8 IND 24 SEA
9 ARI 25 DET
10 TB 26 CLE
11 PHI 27 BUF
12 CHI 28 SF
13 NYJ 29 JAX
14 ATL 30 NO
15 MIA 31 HOU
16 TEN 32 DAL
  • Thanks 5

35 minutes ago, Borgold said:

I really think we need more out of AGG to keep him. I mean I haven't heard people gushing about him in practice, he did better against the Bengals, but nothing eye popping. Do the coaches really think he's a starter down the line or a key special teams' contributor?

I don’t think the coaches are looking to see if AGG would develop into a starter down the road. I think receivers like AGG and Cam Sims are on the team for situational purposes. Football is a game of matchups and situations and a big body receiver can certainly create such mismatches especially near the goal line. Do you cover him with your regular nickel back who’s probably 5-6 inches shorter?  Your safety?  Do you need to shade the Will to the slot?

i think it’s not an argument whether AGG and Milne are battling for the 6th WR position but more likely Cam Sims vs. AGG. I agree we need to see more from AGG. But, because I believe he and Sims are looked upon as situational players, knowing the playbook and having the better hands of the two are probably more important as opposed to having a larger catch radius, more route tree, and better separation like we would want our wide-outs to possess.

If I’m not mistaken, AGG caught all three passes during the Browns game - that certainly helps his cause. I think the coaches like that WR size both AGG and Sims have and will likely keep the one who has better hands. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'm not really sure why SF is #2 on that list at DE. Don't they just have Nick Bosa? I'd take our duo over any of the teams above us, Clowney continues to be overrated by the media, nobody has a 2nd DE as good as ours. 

Arik Armstead, but he had a disappointing year last year after a great 2019. To your point, I’d take our duo over theirs. Their backups are definitely more accomplished though (Dee Ford, Sam Ebukam) so maybe that’s why they got the nod. 

20 minutes ago, RWJ said:

You missed your calling bro.  You need not post your opinions on ES but rather be on stage as a comedian.  When you get your first gig be sure to let me know so I can come see you.  :)  

Thanks. I don't know if I'm ready to go that far, though.

Because oftentimes I feel like my humor is much like Dustin Hopkins' kicks.

Some of them are hits, and then sometimes a bunch of my attempts sail wide left.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Dallas gets an automatic A in every category, every year, no matter what.

Super Bowl bound, constantly.

It's really amazing how they've accomplished that.

I'm sorry to say Dallas is the true Offseason Champions, the way they always win the projected Super Bowl, long before the season starts.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Absolutely.

Gotta preserve your Franchise QB for Game 1.

Don't want him hurt in a meaningless last preseason game, or the practicing for such.

Especially if he's already operating like a finely tuned machine

😛

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I thought the word "Sprinkle" was banned from this forum :)

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Thanks. I don't know if I'm ready to go that far, though.

Because oftentimes I feel like my humor is much like Dustin Hopkins' kicks.

Some of them are hits, and then sometimes a bunch of my attempts sail wide left.

Mel Brooks once said, If you tell a hundred jokes in a minute and 60 of them land people will think you are the funniest person ever born. 

Keep 'em coming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1