Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

you know what?  First time in 40 years that i didnt know that it was draft day...let alone, the months leading up to draft day...i literally had checked out of the NFL and The Redskins...not outta animosity or to make a point...i must have legitimately not cared...for the first time in my memory...if this team picks Sam Howell (long shot), these mofos may just have me again...unbelievable...HTTR

/has anyone watched the USFL...its actually quality football...well coached...fundamentals etc. etc. etc...i didnt even know that the USFL was back...i just looked up and saw a NJ Generals team (like their uniforms for Commanders some what...)...i was like is this 1984...weird time continuum???...and why do they look better coached than my Redskins in 30 f'n years?!?...

Edited by Stefanskins
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

Thoughts,

We’ve drafted 3 very good players. Discontent over the slots where we’ve taken them is probably warranted, but you need conviction to pick the guys you want. I’m fine with that.

Picking 113 and 120 gives us two picks in the first 15 today. I think we’ll trade back at some point, too much talent left to work through in rounds 4 and 5. The Ravens have SIX picks in round 4. We could do with one of those. Wouldn’t mind a couple of 5th rounders from someone either.

Will the board explode if with take a BAMA corner ? What about DT Winfrey who we brought in ? Howell and Strong still there. Does Howell make it to 113 ? I’d like Strong personally.

I like Damarri Mathis DB, Bellinger TE, Beavers LB today. A trade back would help there.

Random selection of other players we may look at day 3 in no particular order :

OL Kinnard, Munford, Burford

TE Wydermyer, Otton

WR Ezukanma, Kevin Austin. Damn Calvin Austin still available.

DL Uwazurike, Ogbonnia

DB, the BAMA corners, Coby Bryant

I hope we sign Tyrann Mathieu next week. Collins might return at this stage.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, RWJ said:

IF RR and Co. really want Sam Howell, they need to jump up to the 1st pick in the 4th round.  Just a thought.  Maybe they can trade Daron Payne for the Buc's 4th round pick (first pick in the 4th round) and get the Bucs to give them a conditional 2023 5th that can turn into a 4th.   

I personally think we need to keep hold of Payne now. 

That did make me think of the Trent trade where he got traded and we picked Charles straight away.

Kinnard, Salyer or Hayes IMO for guard.  

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 6.04.39 AM.png

3 minutes ago, MrJL said:

linebackers and safeties.  I think they're content with our corners

Not that I needed to hear it from Keim but he among others said they want to add depth at corner.  It's a spot that they need depth desperately IMO. 

Our slot corner right now is likely Danny Johnson.  It's definetly not a loaded spot but more on point its arguably the most important spot for depth on any team.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, UK Mitch said:

Tight end depth

I wanted McBride at TE, but now that he is gone I almost dont want to see us pick up a TE in the draft as he would almost have to make the roster and I have not yet been given the opportunity to sate my morbid (Zombie pun) curiosity over Sammis Reyes.

NFL 2021: Sammis Reyes, Washington contract, Chile, basketball talent |  news.com.au — Australia's leading news site

I am honestly afraid of how jacked he is. Pretty soon he wont fit thru doorways even when he turns sideways.

I just wanna see him catch a pass in the regular season to know he can.

Edited by FootballZombie

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I just looked at my board, he and Bryant are my highest ranked corners left.

Kinnard and Mathis would be 2 very good 4th round picks.

This is the Toledo corner we had a private workout with. 6th/7th rounder ?

CB Samuel Womack

Positives: Slightly undersized cornerback with outstanding ball skills. Battles opponents throughout the route, effectively times pass defenses, and possesses solid ball skills. Displays a burst to the ball, effectively covers receivers on crossing patterns, and stays on opponents’ hips out of breaks. Feisty, mixes it up with receivers, and quickly moves upfield to defend the run. Does a good job reading and diagnosing plays.

Negatives: Not a stout cornerback or sure-handed tackler. Gets outmatched by taller receivers.

Analysis: Womack is an underrated cornerback with the speed and ball skills to line up in dime packages at the next level. He possesses the ability to play over the slot receiver and also be used in a zone system facing the action.

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 6.15.21 AM.png

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Kinnard and Mathis would be 2 very good 4th round picks.

Ironic I was just loading up a post on Kinnard.  I took him in the board's mock.  He's a bit sloppy with his hands and balance.  But he's a powerful dude.

IMO, he, Salyer and Hayes are the best guards left, then you got a drop off.

I know are some negative on this draft but for me so far i am cool with it.  I get the vision.  If they want to complete that vision get one of these big boys to finish this.

The division is loading up on the trenches.  The Eagles for example think they never have enough D lineman and edge and keep loading up.  ditto on the O line.  I don't have a beef with us taking the same approach. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Lots of options today.

Rasheed Walker

Perrion Winfrey

Jalyn Armour-Davis (I’d love to see the board melt down with another Bama player)

I think Jojo Domann is still out there

Damone Clark (out for 2022 but worth it soon value wise)

Brandon Smith

Sam Howell/Carson Strong

D’Marco Jackson

Tayler Hawkins

Marquise Hayes

Jalen Wydermyer (could be the steal of the draft… or the worst draft pick of all time)

Coby Bryant

Maybe Darrian Beavers? (I couldn’t follow at some points last night. Was trying to accomplish life and missed picks and can’t be bothered to look)

Matt Araiza (won’t take a punter but it’s a sin to not mention The Punt God)

Jamaree Salyer

Tariq Woolen (can’t tackle worth a **** but good coverage guy)

Darrius Kinnard

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The “we don’t need a RB” crowd are puzzling the hell out of me. 

As for the draft? I think we have done well. 

Jahan Dotson was my #19 overall and WR4

Brian Robinson was my #47 overall and RB3

PhiPhi Mathis was my #50 overall and 1T2

Having said that… there is a legit gripe with asset management for this franchise. If Jameson Williams medicals checked passing on him is meh. I think Kyle Hamilton will be awesome, but we’ve drafted safeties high before and they’ve never made us a winner despite them being ****ing great (read ST21 almost single handedly carrying the franchise for a season).

Mathis may be my 50th ranked prospect but that doesn’t account for his position value or the board or draft slot value. We took Mathis and then my 1T1 went 30 picks later to the Ravens. Yes. That stings. And yes, I think that was bad drafting. But PhiPhi himself is not a bad football player. Dude is a mauler inside. The bigger problem with Mathis, for me, is the fact that he was an obvious need reach with so many quality players on the board. The player was a hit but the decision to take him wasn’t.

Brian Robinson… not going to listen to any negativity there. He was very likely the BPA in that slot. I know some don’t like him like I do but the team did. We just saved Gibson’s career by drafting him, too. 

• Like 6

Really like Jojo Domann but I'd be hands off with all the injury history. I saw him in an interview a week or two ago that really opened my eyes to him

There are a ton of talented RB's available and teams will be scrambling for them.

I can see us trading down once to gain another pick.

This draft would have been a lot easier on me if we had signed the Honey Badger ;)   When can we sign him without losing that precious 3rd rounder?

I think they are staring at the OL, the two QB's and CB with the 2 Bama boys are in the top 3 or 4 Oh and TE but that wont be in round 4

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Really like Jojo Domann but I'd be hands off with all the injury history. I saw him in an interview a week or two ago that really opened my eyes to him

There are a ton of talented RB's available and teams will be scrambling for them.

I can see us trading down once to gain another pick.

This draft would have been a lot easier on me if we had signed the Honey Badger ;)   When can we sign him without losing that precious 3rd rounder?

I think they are staring at the OL, the two QB's and CB with the 2 Bama boys are in the top 3 or 4 

I wasn’t aware of any injury stuff. That stinks.

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I think that is very early May. I’ll test my memory that it is something like 3rd May. Not far away anyway. We need to throw serious cash at him...:ols:

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think that is very early May. I’ll test my memory that it is something like 3rd May. Not far away anyway. We need to throw serious cash at him...:ols:

I was thinking May 2nd but am not sure either.  I think 1st week of May either way.