Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

Not sure how much stock you guys put into Wonderlic scores, but it looks like Matt Corral can barely spell his name.

"...it looks like Matt Corral can barely spell his name."

In Matt's defense his name does have two "r's" which is easily confused with the single "r" in the commonly used word coral, as in coral reef.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I appreciate it's April, not Aug/Sept, but he got shut down in Dec and still no football activities.  Now, I dont know if there's been no football activities simply meaning no OTAs yet, or he's not quite ready for football activities yet.

Edited by justice98
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I saw JP Finlay tweet that Fuller and Jackson could be gone after next year.  If either Stingley or Gardner are there at 11, I can see that being the move if what JP suggests is on the table.

Ron has a history of no first round corners but it would be tough to pass on Sauce.

I think the more likely scenario is grooming St.Juste and another mid rounder this year as their replacements.

At minimum I think we either draft or sign a slot guy this off-season. Or both.

2 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Ron has a history of no first round corners but it would be tough to pass on Sauce.

I think the more likely scenario is grooming St.Juste and another mid rounder this year as their replacements.

At minimum I think we either draft or sign a slot guy this off-season. Or both.

Corner is also a fairly loaded position. There are some damn good ones that will be there at 47.

If they don’t trade at all I could see a scenario where they go London, corner and then Robinson in the 4th. 

I’m intrigued.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Corner is also a fairly loaded position. There are some damn good ones that will be there at 47.

If they don’t trade at all I could see a scenario where they go London, corner and then Robinson in the 4th. 

I’m intrigued.

I've come around on the corners like you have with Watson lol. I really like Tariq Castro-Fields. LB is deep as hell too. Beavers, Brandon Smith, Damone Clark

Also digging Ron's comments of not being limited to a Safety manning the buffalo spot. Opens things up for the guys like Asamoah, JoJo Domann.

Man I really love this entire class in general. Never before have the deep positions matched up with team needs this strongly (in recent memory)

Edited by Forever A Redskin
  • Like 2

Just now, Forever A Redskin said:

I've come around on the corners like you have with Watson lol. LB is deep as hell too. Beavers, Brandon Smith, Damone Clark

Also digging Ron's comments of not being limited to a Safety manning the buffalo spot. Opens things up for the guys like Asamoah, JoJo Domann.

I never wasn't around on Watson, but I suppose I've come around on the fact that his upside is sky high and worth a gamble at a certain point. 

I still think he's the biggest boom/bust prospect in the draft but taking him in the back of the 1st is worth the gamble. 

I'm not as high on the backers as many. I don't think Beavers is anything special. But if he's available in, say, the 4th he's a really good get. But I don't think he changes a defense in any meaningful way. Brandon Smith I am extremely high on. He's my LB3.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I still think he's the biggest boom/bust prospect in the draft but taking him in the back of the 1st is worth the gamble. 

IMO he's not the biggest boom bust prospect.  the high intangibles I think makes him less a risk.  I think Burks, Pickens are the big boom-bust WR likely high picks in this draft. 

• Like 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

IMO he's not the biggest boom bust prospect.  the high intangibles I think makes him less a risk.  I think Burks, Pickens are the big boom-bust WR likely high picks in this draft. 

Disagree.

I think Pickens is a pure bust. Don't see the boom.

I think Burks is destined for mediocrity.

• Thumb up 1

Having listened through that presser, they love the draft depth, especially with prospects who returned to do a final college year as a result of covid screwing things up. Be worth considering that group when looking at potential targets.

The most likely scenario that i can see is that they trade back and still get Olave. Then through rounds 2-4 they are able to get OL,LB then RB most likely thereafter.

Mayhew all but said we’re trading all over the place. Should be a fun draft.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Disagree.

I think Pickens is a pure bust. Don't see the boom.

I think Burks is destined for mediocrity.

I see Watson more boom than bust.  So we disagree on that.  But that's cool

Perception wise the draft media seem to see Pickens as more of a boom than bust prospect, sounds like scouts are divided on him based on the stuff I've read.  I am not a big fan myself but the perception of Pickens I think has a 50-50 feel to it.

I can see an offensive coordinator figure out how to use Burks as a backfield-YAC weapon and turn him into something good.   I got some concerns about him.  He's lower on my board than he's going to be for most.  I haven't posted any of my board, but here's a preview of my wrs

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 4.18.33 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I see Watson more boom than bust.  So we disagree on that.  But that's cool

Perception wise the draft media seem to see Pickens as more of a boom than bust prospect, sounds like scouts are divided on him based on the stuff I've read.  I am not a big fan myself but the perception of Pickens I think has a 50-50 feel to it.

I can see an offensive coordinator figure out how to use Burks as a backfield-YAC weapon and turn him into something good.   I got some concerns about him.  He's lower on my board than he's going to be for most.  I haven't posted any of my board, but here's a preview of my wrs

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 4.18.33 PM.png

We’ve discussed this but I don’t care what media perception says. 

I think Watson is 50/50 but that 50 boom potential is through the roof. We have him

similarly ranked as well.  

RE:  Pickens - I see Kadarius Toney redux. 

I see Burks being Kelvin Benjamin redux except better able to manage it… he’ll have huge games where he flashes and games he disappears because of the yo-yo weight gain. Games he looks like a superstar and games he looks like a scrub. Ultimately I think it all balances out to him being mediocre. I think he’ll find success all things considered. But he’s a straight 50% guy for me.

Rod Gardner. 

I know others see it different and that’s cool. Just going by what I feel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I saw JP Finlay tweet that Fuller and Jackson could be gone after next year.  If either Stingley or Gardner are there at 11, I can see that being the move if what JP suggests is on the table.

This would be typical Skins if this scenario ends up being true.  It's not building but mere replacing, which is what we've been doing for 30 years now.  At some point you have to add to what you have not keep losing and plugging holes in the dike.  

I wouldn't touch Stingley until the 3rd or lower.

This is the very, VERY typical Redskins pick.  A guy who showed a lot three years ago, was hampered for the next two seasons with injury and now is pretty much riding into the draft on the work he did as a Freshman.

This team should know better than most that when you are habitually injured in college, you're gonna be in the pros.  It's just the way it works.  I want no part of this kid unitl the 3rd. He's a huge injury risk and we have got to start adding players without the risk coming from college.  We cannot afford to mess this draft up.   It'll be another Jordan Reid situation for us, just you wait and see.  

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Sounds like there are a handful of the top dozen prospects we will happily take at #11, thereafter it’s trade back. 

The Mayhew comment that the middle of the draft starts pretty quickly suggests what many have said. Probably by time you get to the late first round you have a drop off to a middle section of talent that lasts about 5 rounds. :ols:

You either get one of your elite 5 or so prospects or you get down the draft board quickly. Most elite players we could use though, feels like the best bet is to get a bite from a team after a QB. 

That or possibly Hamilton falling to us at #11 and another team wanting to move up to get him.  A guess.  :) 

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

Not a chance that Sauce lasts until #11.   I hope I'm wrong but I absolutely don't see it.  If Sauce is there at #11 we better be sprinting our asses up to the podium with that card.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Having listened through that presser, they love the draft depth, especially with prospects who returned to do a final college year as a result of covid screwing things up. Be worth considering that group when looking at potential targets.

The most likely scenario that i can see is that they trade back and still get Olave. Then through rounds 2-4 they are able to get OL,LB then RB most likely thereafter.

Mayhew all but said we’re trading all over the place. Should be a fun draft.

I can see a trade happening in the 2nd too.  Then you get a good 3rd round you can move back further and get another 4th and 5th rounder.  :)  We could end up with a 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7 or 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7..  So many scenarios.  

2 hours ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Also seems that drafting a QB is high probability judging from the coaches comments at the presser today.

My money is on Carson Strong if he slides to the 4th, or Jack Coan 6th/7th. Otherwise, we pluck from UDFA.

I keep saying it, I believe they want Strong really bad. If they gain picks via trade back, he is one of their main targets.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was going to say Burks.  He could be a homerun or strikeout pick.