Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I miss the snow. Porch view.

20220419_072138.jpg

I'm crying for real!!

Where do you guys buy mattresses down there.  That is what we do (sleepfactory.com)  We are on the edge. LOL

Beautiful man, good for you.

Wow.  Pschrags mock has Eagles taken London and Lloyd.  That is a heck of a draft already.  Seriously Ron.  Lets get off our ... and the second half of FA we need to please be aggressive. 

Kiper

Wide receiver

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2132.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Alec Pierce, Cincinnati

Pierce probably isn't going in Round 1, but it wouldn't totally shock me if he sneaks into the top 32 picks. He has the physical traits that could make a team fall in love with him. He ran a 4.41 40 and had a 40.5-inch vertical at the combine. Pierce isn't just a workout warrior, though; he averaged 17 yards per catch, scored eight touchdowns and was one of the best vertical threats in the country last season. He's going to run by defensive backs at the next level.

I also thought about Western Michigan's Skyy Moore here. He's only 5-foot-10, but he had the biggest hands of any receiver at the combine. He's dynamic after the catch.

Projection: I comped Pierce to Jordy Nelson, and Pierce could go right around where Nelson did in the 2008 draft (No. 36 overall).

https://insider.espn.com/espn/print?id=33752937

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I tried the other day to photoshop Hamilton in a Commanders jersey.  I cant do it.  Not enough time.  Anybody who could, that would make my day, look at my weather.  

Hamilton and Curl, all go to war with those safeties.  Wrong word to use, especially now.  Sorry.  

Lets just say I have confidence in our safeties if we draft Hamilton at 11.

Edited by sebestian
  • Like 1

Schrager's thing is the draft, and he's typically plugged in.  But I trust Keim over him specific to our team

Pick

Jacksonville Jaguars

Travon Walker

Georgia · DL · Junior

I'm told by people in the know that the decision on this pick is far from made. With less than two weeks to go, the Jaguars are still building their board. The fact that it's still a debate makes me think Trent Baalke is leaning toward Walker.

Pick

Detroit Lions

Aidan Hutchinson

Michigan · Edge · Senior

If the Jags go with Travon Walker, Detroit won't waste a second turning in this draft card. Local ties aside, Hutchinson is everything the Lions are looking for in a franchise building block and future 10-year starter up front.

Pick

Houston Texans

Ickey Ekwonu

N.C. State · OT · Junior

I've heard a lot of noise from folks around the league that Houston could pick one of the two corners -- Sauce Gardner or Derek Stingley Jr. -- but this seems too rich a spot in the draft to take a DB. Houston will address the lack of talent in their current defensive backfield at some point. 

Pick

New York Jets

Kayvon Thibodeaux

Oregon · Edge · Junior

If Evan Neal, Sauce Gardner and Thibodeaux were all on the board at No. 4, it would be a simulation and conversation the Jets would have explored for weeks. I'm told the team is still sorting its board, but that its meeting with Thibodeaux last Friday went extremely well. At some point, the Jets front office needs to get Robert Saleh an edge rusher.

Pick

New York Giants

Charles Cross

Mississippi State · OT · Sophomore (RS)

Your first big shocker of the draft: Giants take Cross over Evan Neal and Sauce Gardner. I've heard the Giants love the Mississippi State product, who's not only rising up their board, but several other teams', as well.

Pick

Carolina Panthers

Kenny Pickett

Pittsburgh · QB · Senior (RS)

Pickett's meeting with Carolina last week went really well. In fact, all the QB prospect meetings did. With just one other pick in the top 140, I think the Panthers just take their QB of choice, hold their nose, and deal with any draft-day critiques suggesting they reached with this selection.

Pick

New York Giants

(from CHI)

Sauce Gardner

Cincinnati · CB · Junior

New defensive coordinator Wink Martindale would be the happiest man on the planet if Sauce fell to No. 7. The former Bearcat is one of the few DBs in college football history who could be left on an island and come out on top. Considering Wink's blitz-everyone-and-their-brother-and-mother approach, Gardner would be a perfect fit in the Giants' defensive backfield.

Pick

Atlanta Falcons

Evan Neal

Alabama · OT · Junior

The Falcons sit pretty at No. 8 and take the best player available in Neal. This situation would be a lot like what happened to the Chargers last year when Pro Bowler Rashawn Slater unexpectedly fell out of the top 12.

Pick

Seattle Seahawks

(from DEN)

Derek Stingley Jr.

LSU · CB · Junior

Defensive back might not be the most pressing need for Seattle, but Stingley can ball. There's a big drop-off on teams' overall boards at the corner spot after Gardner and Stingley. Seattle gets another LSU Tiger to join Jamal Adams in the defensive backfield.

Pick

New York Jets

(from SEA)

Jameson Williams

Alabama · WR · Junior

Williams is still working his way back from ACL surgery, but that shouldn't hurt his chances of going in the top 10. The Jets are still looking to beef up their wide receivers room, and Williams has WR1 potential. 

Pick

Washington Commanders

Garrett Wilson

Ohio State · WR · Junior

Whether or not Washington extends Terry McLaurin isn't a contributing factor with my pick here. The Commanders can go a variety of ways. But if Wilson slips out of the top 10, I think they'd pounce on the former Buckeye.

Pick

Minnesota Vikings

Jermaine Johnson II

Florida State · Edge · Senior (RS)

Derek Stingley Jr.'s defensive coordinator at LSU, Daronte Jones, is now coaching with Minnesota (defensive backs), and I think the talented corner is the apple of the Vikings’ eye. If he’s off the board, look for Johnson, an Eden Prairie, Minnesota, native who’s viewed by most teams as the fourth defensive end off the board. 

Pick

Houston Texans

(from CLE)

Kyle Hamilton

Notre Dame · S · Junior

The Texans need to address their defensive backfield. In Hamilton, they get the best safety in this draft and a guy who could be a captain his first year on the field.

Pick

Baltimore Ravens

Trevor Penning

Northern Iowa · OT · Senior (RS)

Love this fit, both for the landing spot and value. Lamar Jackson will relish playing behind Penning, who has a nasty streak the Ravens may have lost when they traded Orlando Brown Jr. a year ago.

Pick

Philadelphia Eagles

(from MIA)

Drake London

USC · WR · Junior

Could Philly draft a wide receiver in the first round for the third straight year? Yes. Yes they can. Remember, they have 10 total selections, and Nick Sirianni is an offensive coach with a big say in this pick.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

I'm warming up to the idea of a trade back...

But only really in one scenario...

We get Kenneth Walker in the back of the first and then snag a receiver in the second.

The problem with that plan is that there aren't many teams who you can trade with in those positions that are going to be willing to give up a ton of current year draft capital like that for pick 11. So the best plan is likely still to be London/Wilson + Walker in the second (I have my doubt he's going to be there at 47).

If that happens, our second rounder probably goes to Buffalo Nickel (unless those guys are gone, too) and then our fourth to RB (Brian Robinson ideally, but I'm not sure he'll be there in the 4th). 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm warming up to the idea of a trade back...

But only really in one scenario...

We get Kenneth Walker in the back of the first and then snag a receiver in the second.

The problem with that plan is that there aren't many teams who you can trade with in those positions that are going to be willing to give up a ton of current year draft capital like that for pick 11. So the best plan is likely still to be London/Wilson + Walker in the second (I have my doubt he's going to be there at 47).

If that happens, our second rounder probably goes to Buffalo Nickel (unless those guys are gone, too) and then our fourth to RB (Brian Robinson ideally, but I'm not sure he'll be there in the 4th). 

If we traded back to 14, I figure we’d miss out on Hamilton/London if they were there at 11.  We’d probably take Olave at 14.  Don’t know if that’s a great outcome.  Maybe we trade back from 47?

Schrager’s mock has us taking Wilson at 11 and then London/Olave going 15/16. 

I wonder if we could move back from 11 to 14 with BLT and get a 3rd from them. Take Wilson at 14. Or London or Olave. I’d feel really good about that scenario … a recouped 3 could allow us to go WR and then have 2/3/4 to add weighted BPA. Could even trade back from 47 for a pair of 3’s and go 3/3/4. That’s my favorite scenario that doesn’t have us trade down more than a few picks. 

Baltimore would secure their OT at 11

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

If we traded back to 14, I figure we’d miss out on Hamilton/London if they were there at 11.  We’d probably take Olave at 14.  Don’t know if that’s a great outcome.  Maybe we trade back from 47?

No... I mean take Kenneth Walker outright.

I don't want Olave, especially passing on London/Wilson.

Only way I pass on them is to guarantee we get Kenneth Walker. 

• Like 1

Did not really pay much attention to the consensus top 2 RB's Walker and Hall. Walker's clearly on another level.

Add me to the list of Walker's fans. 

Jerome Ford or Pierre Strong would also be good additions IMO for the Commanders.

Arizona State's TE Curtis Hodges is a good looking prospect and underrated. 6'8" 257lbs his 7.14 three cone seems impressive for someone his size. Good hands and adept blocker from my perspective.  

I understand Walker could be an absolute beast ... I really like what we have in Gibson. I think this staff does too. But it's hard to ignore the Top 30 visits they're having. Walker + Gibson + McKissic would be an outstanding backfield but I fear it would be redundant. I feel our resources would be best spent in Round 4 on either James Cook or Brian Robinson (Robinson was also a Top 30 visit).

Maybe drafting a Walker or Hall or whoever in Round 2 means Gibson shifts to WR some? He would be similar to Samuel in what he'd probably be able to offer. But maybe they feel it would allow them to get creative.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I understand Walker could be an absolute beast ... I really like what we have in Gibson. I think this staff does too. But it's hard to ignore the Top 30 visits they're having. Walker + Gibson + McKissic would be an outstanding backfield but I fear it would be redundant. I feel our resources would be best spent in Round 4 on either James Cook or Brian Robinson (Robinson was also a Top 30 visit).

Maybe drafting a Walker or Hall or whoever in Round 2 means Gibson shifts to WR some? He would be similar to Samuel in what he'd probably be able to offer. But maybe they feel it would allow them to get creative.

It would mean Gibson isn't taking an unhealthy amount of carries for a WR turned RB and can stay healthy and perhaps avoid his fumble problems on his carries. 

• Like 1

We are a better team trading back and getting Walker or Hall and one of the 2nd group of receivers than we are staying at 11 and taking Hamilton/Drake IMO.

Glad to hear you warming up to trading down @KDawg

Dream trade down partner is the Lions. 32&34 + a 3rd. Would guarantee Walker/Hall plus the BPA at WR or Dax Hill/Brisker

Plus a 3rd, hopefully a MLB.

Edited by Forever A Redskin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I’d be okay with Hamilton and Moore. Kinda wild to think Skyy could be there at 47…

But that means we’re going for tier 2-3 at RB.

My biggest want is Kenneth Walker. 

I feel you, and this is kinda where my thinking about trading down a few spots from 11 stemmed from - Walker (IMO) is going to require a trade up.  Maybe our 4th gets it done?  But I can’t see the team leaving themselves in a position to not pick again until the 6th (lol).

Takes two to tango of course, but if we could pull it off and still land one of the top guys we’ve talked about (London/Hamilton/Lloyd)… sign me up!  :)

4 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

We are a better team trading back and getting Walker or Hall and one of the 2nd group of receivers than we are staying at 11 and taking Hamilton/Drake IMO.

Glad to hear you warming up to trading down @KDawg

Dream trade down partner is the Lions. 32&34 + a 3rd. Would guarantee Walker/Hall plus the BPA at WR or Dax Hill/Brisker

Plus a 3rd, hopefully a MLB.

I'm not really open to it.

It's one scenario. I think 32 is too low and Walker could go before then. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Kiper

Wide receiver

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2132.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Alec Pierce, Cincinnati

Pierce probably isn't going in Round 1, but it wouldn't totally shock me if he sneaks into the top 32 picks. He has the physical traits that could make a team fall in love with him. He ran a 4.41 40 and had a 40.5-inch vertical at the combine. Pierce isn't just a workout warrior, though; he averaged 17 yards per catch, scored eight touchdowns and was one of the best vertical threats in the country last season. He's going to run by defensive backs at the next level.

I also thought about Western Michigan's Skyy Moore here. He's only 5-foot-10, but he had the biggest hands of any receiver at the combine. He's dynamic after the catch.

Projection: I comped Pierce to Jordy Nelson, and Pierce could go right around where Nelson did in the 2008 draft (No. 36 overall).

https://insider.espn.com/espn/print?id=33752937

I don't get why this guy isn't getting more love?   Keep seeing 3rd round, maybe late 2nd.   He's got size, speed and production.    Would love him at 47 if we didn't draft a WR in the first.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

What do we have in Gibson? An average starting RB? Who also fumbles a lot.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm not really open to it.

It's one scenario. I think 32 is too low and Walker could go before then. 

My other favorites are GB or KC.

What's your ideal trade partner?

I like two late 1sts because it gives us a lot of flexibility. There almost always is an unexpected BPA that falls.

5 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Hes almost guaranteed to have a down year this year as well with how heavy we rode him last year. That's how it always works. We need a two headed monster in today's NFL with a 17 game schedule. Im very high on taking a RB this year and so is the team judging by our top 30 visits.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Gibson is better than that. He's pretty good at breaking tackles, has breakaway speed, and has very good hands. He also had the sixth highest rushing total in 2021 (4th highest number of carries). Surprisingly, he ranked second in rush 1st downs. That said, he has weaknesses, too. His vision isn't good and I don't know that he knows how to use his blockers as well as he should. The fumbling is a problem, too. So, I'd say he's a better than average starting QB with homerun ability and some excellent traits.

Edited by Burgold

4 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

What's your ideal trade partner?

I don't have one. Somewhere in the 20s for Walker. If that can't get done then I would need to take London/Wilson at 11 and hope Walker falls to 47. Maybe start a nasty rumor.