Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

12 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like the profile a lot of Troy Anderson.  My issue with "loving" the player is its tough for me to love any player where I can't find a single game of his to watch.  I couldn't find any Anderson games.  Highlights IMO do not give the full picture of any player.  So I'd have to fall in love with the player based on the profile alone.  That's tough for me to do.  But I do love what I read about Anderson.  As for him playing big nickel.  Sure, maybe.  But tough for me to jump full on it without seeing him play at least one game. 

Same, and thank you for saying this.  I'm never banging the table for a player who I've never even seen cut ups for.  And half of the highlights I've seen of his are from a Taysom Hill/2 back zone read HB role that he would not play here.  I'm not taking a draftnik's word on him, nor am I going to accept a claim that he's only a small step down from Devin Lloyd or Nakobe Dean based solely on the take of a draftnik.  So I'm just going to refrain from having my own take on him.  I would neither be excited nor upset if we draft him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.  They got to be able to put up points.  I recall in 2018 when they had a nice run for a stretch grinding out tight wins mostly -- when they faced a hot Matt Ryan and a hot Drew Brees they got smoked.  They need to be a team for all seasons so to speak.  Another big time WR, and RB I think would get that done.

Below is what a personnel guy from another team said about this team

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 7.47.01 AM.png

Yeah I'd agree with the quote, though IMO it's not because that's how we necessarily want to play the game, just how we have to at the moment considering our dearth of talent on offense...most notably QB of course.

I'm sure Rivera and Turner would love to have a high scoring high powered offense but it just hasn't been in the cards because we've had **** at QB for years. Maybe we'll get lucky and that will change, but I think adding another weapon would also help, which is why I'm leaning receiver in the 1st.

• Like 1

Peter Schrager who doesn't fly a lot against the wall but when he does take some leaps especially with draft gossip, he's often correct.  

Williams IMO if he can regain his form could special in the league.  But again, I wouldn't do it here.  I hope the Jets or Atlanta take Williams -- but only because of his injury.  Will see. 

My best guess is he goes in the teens somewhere.  I think it was Pauline if I recall who said he doesn't thionk he gets past the Eagles or the Saints. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RWJ said:

I could see that too, but I think Lloyd is much more likely to be their target.  They signed Gallup to a pretty big contract whereas Vander Esch is on a super cheap deal and heading into his walk year.  Dallas had Lloyd in for a visit and my guess is they'd want to get up in front of New England and Pittsburgh to get him.

I would not be trading with them and handing them Lloyd however.  Not unless they offered a massive return.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Same, and thank you for saying this.  I'm never banging the table for a player who I've never even seen cut ups for.  And half of the highlights I've seen of his are from a Taysom Hill/2 back zone read HB role that he would not play here.  I'm not taking a draftnik's word on him, nor am I going to accept a claim that he's only a small step down from Devin Lloyd or Nakobe Dean based solely on the take of a draftnik.  So I'm just going to refrain from having my own take on him.  I would neither be excited nor upset if we draft him.

Quoting to agree.

Hard to have an opinion based on someone else's VERY subjective point of view. You see how all of us differ on these guys with each other and the draft community... Really easy to assume we won't agree with a couple of guys.

I'm not sure I've even really mentioned Anderson simply because I don't know **** about him. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Peter Schrager who doesn't fly a lot against the wall but when he does take some leaps especially with draft gossip, he's often correct.  

Williams IMO if he can regain his form could special in the league.  But again, I wouldn't do it here.  I hope the Jets or Atlanta take Williams -- but only because of his injury.  Will see. 

My best guess is he goes in the teens somewhere.  I think it was Pauline if I recall who said he doesn't thionk he gets past the Eagles or the Saints. 

I think Jameson Williams is going to the Jets. It makes sense for them, too. 

That likely means Wilson or London are there at 11. Unless we get some surprises.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I guess its the draft gossip time of the draft cycle.  Standig just said on the radio he's hearing at least one Qb going top 10. 

I think one will DEFINITELY go top ten. Haven't backed off that.

Whether it's Carolina that's dumb enough to do it with a lame duck head coach or it's someone like Atlanta or a trade up? That's what I'm more iffy on. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I think Jameson Williams is going to the Jets. It makes sense for them, too. 

That likely means Wilson or London are there at 11. Unless we get some surprises.

I'd like that.  You could be right, the Jets can afford to take a flier considering no one expects them to do anything next season anyway.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Whether it's Carolina that's dumb enough to do it with a lame duck head coach or it's someone like Atlanta or a trade up? That's what I'm more iffy on. 

A ton of noise for a long time that Carolina loves Pickett.  As for Atlanta not much noise about them and a QB but I agree they need one.  Wonder about Seattle as a wildcard? 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd like that.  You could be right, the Jets can afford to take a flier considering no one expects them to do anything next season anyway.

A ton of noise for a long time that Carolina loves Pickett.  As for Atlanta not much noise about them and a QB but I agree they need one.  Wonder about Seattle as a wildcard? 

I still think Carolina would be totally foolish to take Pickett (or any rookie QB).

Rookie comes in, learns Rhule's system (Pickett, by the way, who has a fumble issue as one of his primary cons) and they likely... well... stink. 

Rhule canned.

New coach comes in, Carolina has a top 5 pick in a highly rated QB draft...

They likely take a new QB if that happens and they are in position to. Now what? They just wasted their pick.

Carolina could be a sneaky receiver team. Or any position on the field. They are similar (but not the same) as Atlanta in that they could upgrade pretty much everywhere.

Yeah I think Carolina all depends on whether or not Rhule is basically already a dead man walking. If he is and they know they're going to be getting rid of him (barring something crazy like a deep playoff run) then the FO would probably veto a QB pick since they'd rather have their next HC pick his QB next year. 

But if Rhule might still have a lifeline then I could see Pickett because he's probably the most ready to step in right away. So if Rhule really likes Pickett and thinks he could salvage his job if Pickett shows promise, then it would make sense.

On another note, I updated some of the RB stats.  As for PFF, I don't always agree with them.  But to explain their draft grades, its where they rate the player not where they think they actually land.  For example they seem really down on Spiller but i doubt they think he's actually going to go that low.  Some of those stats are from PFF, about half of them are stuff I compilied from other sources.

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 10.36.22 AM.png

And here's another run of stats

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 10.36.07 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chad Ryan is pretty plugged in even all the way from Australia ... I'm surprised we aren't looking to potentially create draft capital with #11 pick. We must have some plans post-draft to bring some veterans in ... or our staff is really high on the developmental potential of guys in-house.

But we have seen them bring in a bunch of WRs, Safeties, RBs and OTs. I have to think we hit those positions early, and with 11, 47 and 113 being our only picks before we get to 189 in the 6th ... we might end up leaving the draft without a major piece of the puzzle (at least in terms of instant impact).

Keep an eye on Jaylen Wydermeyer ... a lot of mock drafters say he bombed the off-season and will fall to maybe even be undrafted. He was a Round 1 TE in many mocks as recently as October/November/December. If he's there in the 6th ... or maybe we even trade up to the 5th ... I bet we take him. He's been brought in for a Top 30 visit, which is rare for a guy that is being talked about as an UDFA now.

Lots of smoke now about Jameson Williams being the Top WR off the board. It makes sense, honestly. A team that is patient and building the right way will make the pick ... he's an absolute stud and he might even be ready for training camp. Pre-injury he seemed locked as a Top 5 WR1 option.

A lot of the draft gurus are really high on Drake London too. But something is going to have to give here. Between Jameson and Garrett Wilson being talked about as Top 10 picks ... that leaves London, Olave and Burks in that next crop that could go between 10-20. So there's a really good chance Drake falls to us at #11 (or maybe that's where he's best penciled-in). Wonder if someone like GB or KC would come up for Drake, or if they'd be fine waiting on Olave to see if he falls. Or Burks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mhd24 said:

If London & Wilson are gone, that means (most likely), then the top 10 went (in some order):  Hutch, Walker, Ekwonu, KT, Neal, Cross, Gardner, Wilson, Johnson, & London.  At 11, all QBs are available (along with Hamilton, Olave, Lloyd, Stingley, and Penning).  The following teams behind us are:

12). Minny (would trade up for Stingley, an edge (if KT or Johnson slip), or Davis

13). Hou (would trade up for an edge, Hamilton, or Davis)

14). Bal (would trade up for Stingley, an edge, or Penning)The

15). Philly (not likely to trade with division, but if they offered a premium, than maybe)

16). NO (could trade up for QB1, although they likely want WR, OL, or CB)

17). LAC (could easily trade up (don't have a lot of capital) for Penning or Davis)

18). NO (see above)

19). Philly (see above)

20). Pitt (I don't see it, but I guess for QB.  I think they'll be patient and wait)

21). NE (don't see them trading up)

22). GB (unless they love Olave and are willing to give up a premium)

The Eagles have not been shy about trading in the division. They have had multiple trades in the first round with the Cowboys over the years. They did so last year for DeVonta Smith. I think fans are more leery of that than teams are. Trades for players, maybe. But picks for picks, as long as the value is reasonable, is not that much of an issue.

Heck, I am half expecting the Eagles to trade down from 18 to 24 with Dallas. Likewise, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they move from 15 to 11. 

the point below about Rivera commenting about how a particular Ohio State player hustled a bit more during their pro day and he digs that kind of thing -- I mentioned that here and I also rewatched some of that Ohio State practice but couldn't make out who hustled more between Olave and Wilson

6 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Don't think much of ChadWiko. Dudes been wrong quite a bit. Tend to believe Keim more than most.

Me too as for Keim.  Chad's not always wrong though, he nailed for example the Russell Wilson move.  He seems to know some people over there, i don't ignore him but I don't fully trust him. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

I really think Carolina will try to trade down from 6. They have hardly any other picks in this draft and they probably feel like 6 is too high for these QBs.

So far we got rumors of Carolina trading down, Dallas trading up, rumors that the Eagles are still trying to wheel and deal, and the Saints might be positioning themselves for something... anybody hear anything else? Steelers might trade up? 

2 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

I really think Carolina will try to trade down from 6. They have hardly any other picks in this draft and they probably feel like 6 is too high for these QBs.

So far we got rumors of Carolina trading down, Dallas trading up, rumors that the Eagles are still trying to wheel and deal, and the Saints might be positioning themselves for something... anybody hear anything else? Steelers might trade up? 

And the Packers and Chiefs might maneuver some of their massive load of picks to move up and take a WR.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Vikings supposedly telling the world they want to trade down.  Giants supposedly want to trade down with one of their picks. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Vikings supposedly telling the world they want to trade down.  Giants supposedly want to trade down with one of their picks. 

Who is trading up (especially to NYG at 7)?

They'd have to take a steep discount to move off of 7.  Baltimore is the only team I can see moving up since they have so any picks.  If Gardner is there at 7, I could see Baltimore trading 14+2nd.  But, then Carolina probably does that deal if they don't love Cross and wants a QB.

Just now, mhd24 said:

Who is trading up (especially to NYG at 7)?

They'd have to take a steep discount to move off of 7.  Baltimore is the only team I can see moving up since they have so any picks.  If Gardner is there at 7, I could see Baltimore trading 14+2nd.  But, then Carolina probably does that deal if they don't love Cross and wants a QB.

Don't know.  As for rumors for trading up:  Chargers, Saints, Cowboys, Chiefs.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't know.  As for rumors for trading up:  Chargers, Saints, Cowboys, Chiefs.

I'd love 28 and 29 from the chiefs plus a mid rounder this year (preferably) or next year's 2nd

Take a player with one of them and trade down again with the other. Or take a player with both. Either way.

Edited by Forever A Redskin
  • Like 1