Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

7 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

The draft value chart is retarded.  It should be logarithmic and fails to account for a whole lot of factors like the quality of the potential draftees, position value, team needs, etc.  It is utterly one-dimensional.  

Exactly. The chart was designed like 30+ years ago. Draft pick values are relative to so many factors like you said. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

The draft value chart is retarded.  It should be logarithmic and fails to account for a whole lot of factors like the quality of the potential draftees, position value, team needs, etc.  It is utterly one-dimensional.  

It's a guide...nothing more.  Teams offer more, or less, than the chart value depending upon all of the factors that you mentioned.  If two teams agree, then a trade happens at their specific trade compensation.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

A future 1st from the Chargers isn't that valuable. They're gonna be really good this year so that pick will be like 25+.

My prime trade partner is still the Steelers. They're a good bet to finish last in their division and the AFC is brutal. That has the potential to be a top 15 if not top 10 pick.

I just read an article out of Buffalo where the Bills are rumored to want to move up in the draft to pick a young CB....they have pick #25. Would we take two 1sts and a third from them for our #11 and a future 5th? 

The piece says that Buffalo doesn't have much room on their roster for many draft picks so they want to move up and get quality over a bunch of late in the round picks. 

Something to keep an eye on. 

55 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

I agree that the chart should be taken with a very large grain of salt, but can you please not use that term?

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Erik Ezukanma WR Texas Tech is hopefully on our radar. Dude is 6'3 230lbs and just ran a 4.52 at his Pro Day. 

I've watched him a little, not the best at seperating but love the physicality he plays with, good hands, I considered taking him on the board's draft. 

Not bad below for Sterns.  Some think he will be an UDFA.  Zappe threw to him a ton.   He's just 5 '9.  Seperates really well but granted against inferior competition. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've watched him a little, not the best at seperating but love the physicality he plays with, good hands, I considered taking him on the board's draft. 

Not bad below for Sterns.  Some think he will be an UDFA.  Zappe threw to him a ton.   He's just 5 '9.  Seperates really well but granted against inferior competition. 

If we do grab a WR in the first, I don't want to grab another, even if a slot guy with solid value is there in the 7th.  Milne is a solid backup prospect, and then Curtis Samuels profiles best as a slot.  Depth chart is set.

Only reason to draft him is if he looks good on special teams too.  Gunner, returner, etc.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tanner Conner is another interesting prospect 6'3" 230 lbs 4.37 40. 😃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

Tanner Conner is another interesting prospect 6'3" 230 lbs 4.37 40. 😃

I got a late round WR I really like too but am holding off to see if I can get him in the 6th round on the boards draft first 😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise

36 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I wouldn’t hate it. I would be nervous though. And I’d love to see another high powered offense in Washington. 

Ironic for me.  I was just watching Stingley.  I mentioned the Smoot podcast a week or so ago when he did it.  In that podcast, he goes on and on about the Chase versus Stingley matchup.  That matchup is on youtube.

The Georgia game from 2020, SEC Championship game is a fun watch.  Fromm keeps picking on Stingley early on and keeps connecting even though Stingley is draped on the WR but eventually the dam breaks and Stingley picks him off twice.

I watched his 2020 game against Vanderbilt.  He looked to be mostly good in that one.  Press corner that follows his assignment -- mirrors really well and its hard to shake loose from him.

I love that he looks back at the QB in coverage.  I hate CBs that are draped at times on the WR but don't look back at all.  

Logan Paulsen didn't seem to like his physicality.  I noticed PFF's report says ditto that he played somewhat lackidasically after 2019.  I am too lazy at the moment to dig deeper into that.   But his injuries in recent years and some fall off in his play since 2019 makes this a tough call for me. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bh32 said:

Reminds me of Santana Moss the way he moves

This forum and draft thread are great. I work at least 60 hours a week and have a 22 month old, which is the best thing in the world. But,

a I don’t get to watch much college football. After some of the posts here, I got to watching Calvin Austin III. First of all, the highlights below are crazy. But I’m thinking of them because watching him, he’s the guy I thought maybe moved like Santana. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

Ledyard ranks his WRs:

https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-briefing-2022-nfl-draft-wr-rankings-grades/

He's definitely and outlier regarding his analysis.

I actually like his analysis a lot here.  I may not agree with his overall rankings, but I understand his thinking and it seems logical to me.  And I found my self nodding along with his takes on the individual prospects.  I think he's figured them out and I can tell that all of his takes are tape-based.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I actually like his analysis a lot here.  I may not agree with his overall rankings, but I understand his thinking and it seems logical to me.  And I found my self nodding along with his takes on the individual prospects.  I think he's figured them out and I can tell that all of his takes are tape-based.

Good read despite my own disagreements as well.  It seems like he's a little down on this WR class.  Likes them, but thinks their potential is capped.

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

This forum and draft thread are great. I work at least 60 hours a week and have a 22 month old, which is the best thing in the world. But,

a I don’t get to watch much college football. After some of the posts here, I got to watching Calvin Austin III. First of all, the highlights below are crazy. But I’m thinking of them because watching him, he’s the guy I thought maybe moved like Santana. 

Yeah he's someone that got my attention during the Senior Bowl and then he killed the combine.  Explosive as heck.  Short only 5 '7 and 170 pounds so I think he drops some.  But a freakish athlete -- explosive.    i am a big fan of his and looks like some others here are too.  Guessing 2nd round?

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He's the first to have Burks ranked #1. 

I was listening to Greg Cosell's take.  He has Burks #1, too.  I don't have Burks #1 myself but its not crazy to me.  Burks to me is a like a bigger Deebo Samuel.  

I go back and forth on this, I am not ready to land permantely on my top 4 or top 10 yet.

But right now I think it would be Garrett Wilson or Drake London #1 -- London depends on his 40 when he runs next week.  Then Burks.    Then Olave.  Then Dotson or Williams.  

Williams would be #1 for me if he's healthy.  Like me, Cosell is a big fan of Williams.  I see Ledyard isn't so much. 

21 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Good read despite my own disagreements as well.  It seems like he's a little down on this WR class.  Likes them, but thinks their potential is capped.

That take I definitely agree with.  The top guys in this class are a huge step down from JaMarr Chase and Devonta Smith.

I think I like Jahan Dotson more than he does.  I think he undersold just how good Dotson's hands are.  I think they are probably the best hands in the class.  I've seen an Emmanuel Sanders comp for Dotson and I really like that comparison for him.  I think he's a solid second round value who could even sneak into the first at the Chiefs pick since they like speedy guys.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I think I like Jahan Dotson more than he does.  I think he undersold just how good Dotson's hands are.  I think they are probably the best hands in the class.  I've seen an Emmanuel Sanders comp for Dotson and I really like that comparison for him.  I think he's a solid second round value who could even sneak into the first at the Chiefs pick since they like speedy guys.

Loved Dotson during the college season.  Then in the off season, I talked myself off of him citing KJ Hamler.  But then thinking about it some more, its an unfair comparison.  Yeah they are both shortish, fast and from Penn State.  But Dotson is much more physical with stronger hands than Hamler.   He is the more well rounded WR and can catch balls in traffic and plays bigger than his size.   Threatens defenses on all three levels.  Hamler IMO played to his size.

I seriously doubt Dotson makes it to our pick in the 2nd round.  I don't think Christain Watson makes it there either. 

• Like 2