Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know I am preaching to the choir on this.  But I am in the mood to gush regardless.  I watched some more Lloyd this morning.   And then I watched some of his interviews.  I love that player.  I get some here and some within the media (two LBs in a row, LB is not one of the more valued position these days, etc) will hate it but I can live with the off season moaning about it.  :ols:

As a person, Lloyd comes off super mature and articulate. I get turned off a little from players in leadership type postions -- ala QB and for that matter insider LB and FS who say they aren't vocal leaders but lead by example.  To me that's code that they are introverted and aren't really leaders.  Lloyd flat out said he's both a lead by example LB AND vocal.  And I like that.  There are some positions where it benefits to have some personality and spark and smarts as for directing teammates.  Inside LB is one of those spots. 

Heck I watched Lloyd even egg on his teammates mic'd up on pro day.  He came off engaged and extroverted. Very impressive.  And as I've talked about among others this team has a lot of quiet dudes.  It needs some ALPHA personalities.

The dude played safety and receiver previously.  He brings ball skiills.  Pass coverage skills.  8 sacks.  Is a thumper against the run.  One of the more well rounded LBs I've watched in a long time.   IMO he's the perfect ingredient to take this defense to the next level.  He is a weapon against TEs.  Pass catching WRs.  He can stop the run.  Brings pass rush.  The full package.  Only weakness IMO is he doesn't have freakish speed and sometimes missles tackles -- where he dives ala Jamin Davis, though he does connect more than Davis on that front.  The key thing for me is his play recogintion, he's just about always around the ball and we've not had a guy like that since London Fletcher. 

Speaking of Davis, I think Lloyd would bring out his best.  Davis wouldn't have to think and can react more.   Plus i can see both of them together being a real threat doing some Zimmer style Double A blitzes, working together.  Offenses I do think would be spooked by guessing which LB is blitzing.  Davis IMO showcased some pass rushing skills in college on a limited basis.  And Rivera seemed to catch on to use him on that front towards the end of the season.    Del Rio seems to like to use his LBs to add the rush but IMO has not had a serious weapon to actually be a real threat on that front.  Lloyd IMO would be that guy.  And Davis IMO can develop on that front.  While Lloyd doesn't blow me away as a pass rusher but he's above average, he seems to be a determined pass rusher and can be slippery. 

Heck I watched a segment where ironically RG3 was asked what he would do at our pick and he said don't overthink it go with Devin Lloyd.  Not that RG3 is the be all and end all but he does watch a lot of college ball and it was entertaining for me to see him weigh in on it -- it was on an ESPN segment with McShay. 

Major appreciation for your fire here. When SIP or @KDawgget excited for a player, I take notice!! So I'm gonna dig a little, (which means that I'll read a couple of draft analysis and watch highlights lol.) At first blush however, it seems that Lloyd is Jamin Davis. Exact same size and projected positions. Weaknesses and strengths, even same "prospect grade at NFL site. Davis would have been a great 3rd round pick, and may well develop. Hoping he does. So I'm gonna ask your opinion here, Do you think Lloyd is in fact a better addition to our D than J.Davis was??  Let me share in your excitement.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Major appreciation for your fire here. When SIP or @KDawgget excited for a player, I take notice!! So I'm gonna dig a little, (which means that I'll read a couple of draft analysis and watch highlights lol.) At first blush however, it seems that Lloyd is Jamin Davis. Exact same size and projected positions. Weaknesses and strengths, even same "prospect grade at NFL site. Davis would have been a great 3rd round pick, and may well develop. Hoping he does. So I'm gonna ask your opinion here, Do you think Lloyd is in fact a better addition to our D than J.Davis was??  Let me share in your excitement.

Thanks. They are VERY different players both as to their play/experience/personality.  That's part of the charm for me for Devin Lloyd.

I got to run out right now but I'll explain when am back how different they are.  If you remember the Gregg Williams defenses.  Jamin would be Rocky Mcintosh.  And Devin would be London Fletcher. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Lance was a much better prospect and the 9ers are just a QB away. The Lions have a gazillion holes and Willis is no savior. 

MAYBE the Falcons take him but I personally think they'll roll with Mariota for a year and re-evaluate next year. They too could literally draft any player(except TE) and it would fill a need.

Yeah I really think the Willis back into the top 5 thing is nothing but pre-draft hype. IMO he didn't do much after the season to truly affect his stock one way or the other. He was unremarkable at the Senior Bowl. Had some decent practices, during the game he had a nice run and a horrible duck of a ball. Basically a wash.

I mostly ignore pro days for QBs unless they show that they can't hit the broad side of a barn. Pretty much any decent QB is going to look good in shorts while throwing to familiar targets, so Willis looking good there is irrelevant to me.

Are we forgetting what a mediocre season he had, especially when taking into account his hype coming into it? Sure, he beat up on some horrible defenses, but most of the time when he went up against decent ones he turned into an interception machine. I doubt scouts are going to forget about that just because he looked good throwing in shorts.

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Olave is my guy but I feel like at 11 he's a bit of a reach. But if you really like the guy and believe he'll be great, don't risk it and just take him.

Ideally we swap picks with the Ravens at 14, recoup our 3rd, and get Olave there.

Wilson is great too, but I think he'll be taken in the top 10. Too many WR needy teams.

I'd be ok with Olave if we traded down, but if we were at 11 I'd take Wilson if available (I think he will be) or maybe London, though I still think London might be a bit of a reach.

Olave is a fluid athlete and will make some circus catches, but he's not very sudden in his breaks and he's pretty easy to take down...not much for YAC. Wilson is very sharp in his routes and is a YAC monster...he was breaking tackles and making guys miss all season long. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

I'll start with I wouldn't give up on Davis.  IMO he's a natural weakside LB without much college experience.  Not so much an inside LB.  You are betting on upside with him.  The LB spot can be a slow developing one but I think that goes double with a dude who barely even played in college.  I am a big Rivera fan.  But I do think he misplayed things with Jamin last year.  Moving Jamin inside and wanting him to QB the defense from the jump and running his training camp that way IMO was wildly optimistic.  I am guessing Del Rio and Rivera who both played LB were a bit full of themselves and figured they can make it work that way. 

I am gathering the method to the madness was to put so much on Jamin's plate that even if he struggled with it everything in comparison would feel easy.  IMO the problem with that approach is you can shatter his confidence. 

Predraft as with Jamin Davis:  I was ok with Jamin Davis as a weakside LB fit here. I could see him maybe evolving into an inside LB but it took some projection.  I didn't want him at 19 but was cool with him in a trade down.   They took him a bit early for my taste.  But i liked his potential as a player.  I still do.  And I do think he needs a dude like Lloyd to bring out his best.  Yeah they do have a similar height and weight but other than that they are very different. 

Predraft pros and cons IMO for Jamin.

Pros:

A.  Athletic freak

B.  Sideline to slideline tackling -- good open field tackler

C.  Has the athleticism to cover -- loose hips

D.  Showed some pass rushing prowess.  Nothing off the charts but you can see glimpses.

Cons

A.  His play recognition skills are slow -- he seemed a beat behind plays

B.  Shedding blocks.  You need to keep him clean to make tackles in an optimum way

C.  Not a downfield thumper

D.  Lack of experience.

Devin Lloyd IMO is a natural pure inside LB.  Different cat from Jamin personality wise and as a player.  Devin is an Alpha type extrovert.  Jamin is more quiet.  Devin is a natural player caller on the field -- field commander.  

Pros

A.  Can shed blocks

B.  Downfield thumper

C.  Great play recognition -- always around the play

D.  Makes game changing plays -- picks, sacks

E.  Alpha leader

F.  QB-playcaller for the defense.  

G. Modern LB -- that is, he can cover.  3 down LB

Cons

A.  Dives for some blocks -- i know he played some safety, how he plays reminds me of it from time to time, mostly in a good way but the bad way is he sometimes dives low to make blocks and whiffs.  That's the only weakness that reminds me of Jamin.  But Lloyd unlike Jamin is often around the play so its not a really flagrant problem but you see it from time to time.

B.  I wish he had freakish speed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'll start with I wouldn't give up on Davis.  IMO he's a natural weakside LB without much college experience.  Not so much an inside LB.  You are betting on upside with him.  The LB spot can be a slow developing one but I think that goes double with a dude who barely even played in college.  I am a big Rivera fan.  But I do think he misplayed things with Jamin last year.  Moving Jamin inside and wanting him to QB the defense from the jump and running his training camp that way IMO was wildly optimistic.  I am guessing Del Rio and Rivera who both played LB were a bit full of themselves and figured they can make it work that way. 

I am gathering the method to the madness was to put so much on Jamin's plate that even if he struggled with it everything in comparison would feel easy.  IMO the problem with that approach is you can shatter his confidence. 

Predraft as with Jamin Davis:  I was ok with Jamin Davis as a weakside LB fit here. I could see him maybe evolving into an inside LB but it took some projection.  I didn't want him at 19 but was cool with him in a trade down.   They took him a bit early for my taste.  But i liked his potential as a player.  I still do.  And I do think he needs a dude like Lloyd to bring out his best.  Yeah they do have a similar height and weight but other than that they are very different. 

Predraft pros and cons IMO for Jamin.

Pros:

A.  Athletic freak

B.  Sideline to slideline tackling -- good open field tackler

C.  Has the athleticism to cover -- loose hips

D.  Showed some pass rushing prowess.  Nothing off the charts but you can see glimpses.

Cons

A.  His play recognition skills are slow -- he seemed a beat behind plays

B.  Shedding blocks.  You need to keep him clean to make tackles in an optimum way

C.  Not a downfield thumper

D.  Lack of experience.

Devin Lloyd IMO is a natural pure inside LB.  Different cat from Jamin personality wise and as a player.  Devin is an Alpha type extrovert.  Jamin is more quiet.  Devin is a natural player caller on the field -- field commander.  

Pros

A.  Can shed blocks

B.  Downfield thumper

C.  Great play recognition -- always around the play

D.  Makes game changing plays -- picks, sacks

E.  Alpha leader

F.  QB-playcaller for the defense.  

G. Modern LB -- that is, he can cover.  3 down LB

Cons

A.  Dives for some blocks -- i know he played some safety, how he plays reminds me of it from time to time, mostly in a good way but the bad way is he sometimes dives low to make blocks and whiffs.  That's the only weakness that reminds me of Jamin.  But Lloyd unlike Jamin is often around the play so its not a really flagrant problem but you see it from time to time.

B.  I wish he had freakish speed. 

Thanks for all the input as always, SIP. :)  The BIG thing that amazes me and you too and others on here is how we have a HC who was a LB and a DC who was a LB and one of our weakest areas, if not weakest is LB.  Go figure.  LOL  I try not to complain but the silliest thing is one of the best is our there, Wagner and he could solve our MLB problems for the next 3 years w/o question.  He's a player and stays healthy.  I think he truly is London Fletcher 2.0 and RR gets to keep his 3rd and 7th round comp. picks in 2023 after signing him but he won't.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I really think the Willis back into the top 5 thing is nothing but pre-draft hype. IMO he didn't do much after the season to truly affect his stock one way or the other. He was unremarkable at the Senior Bowl. Had some decent practices, during the game he had a nice run and a horrible duck of a ball. Basically a wash.

I mostly ignore pro days for QBs unless they show that they can't hit the broad side of a barn. Pretty much any decent QB is going to look good in shorts while throwing to familiar targets, so Willis looking good there is irrelevant to me.

Are we forgetting what a mediocre season he had, especially when taking into account his hype coming into it? Sure, he beat up on some horrible defenses, but most of the time when he went up against decent ones he turned into an interception machine. I doubt scouts are going to forget about that just because he looked good throwing in shorts.

I'd be ok with Olave if we traded down, but if we were at 11 I'd take Wilson if available (I think he will be) or maybe London, though I still think London might be a bit of a reach.

Olave is a fluid athlete and will make some circus catches, but he's not very sudden in his breaks and he's pretty easy to take down...not much for YAC. Wilson is very sharp in his routes and is a YAC monster...he was breaking tackles and making guys miss all season long. 

I know we need to upgrade at LB, but part of me wonders what happens to the rotation if we draft Lloyd? Who is displaced from the base 4-2? Holcomb? Davis? Are we really weaker there than we are at receiver or CB? 

I wonder from a resource utilization standpoint what the best thing to do is. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know I am preaching to the choir on this.  But I am in the mood to gush regardless. 

The choir likes being preached to!  I love the enthusiasm for Lloyd and I agree with everything you said.  I can see other guys like Stingley and Jordan Davis and Wilson/Olave/London being great NFL players, but it really feels to me like Lloyd is the best pick for us.  That leadership void is exactly what I want us to address and Lloyd just brings so much personal credibility to the table.  He's a member of the warrior elite with a personality like a Derwin James or Jamal Adams that you can build a kickass team around.

I'm getting married to the prospect and I know I shouldn't.  But I can't help it.  I'm going to be pretty sad if he gets picked before 11 or if we pass on him.

• Like 2

Logan Paulsen, watched some of these college players, I just caught up with some of it just now.    Paulsen is human so he doesn't nail everything but I give him that he puts in the time to watch and gives detailed opinions.  I had to listen to it multiple times because he danced around from point to point and from player to player and sometimes he switched up comparisons. So his take of the LBs....

A.  He compared Lloyd and Dean.  He likes both but likes Lloyd distinctly better.  He was asked about Christian Harris but pivoted from him to Chenal who he likes better and compared the two.  He seemed the most hesitant about Harris among the players he talked about.   He likes Muma but has some concerns.  He's a really big fan of Troy Anderson. 

B.  In general, he likes LBs who play with urgency.  that is, they don't hesitate and run/fly to the football.  The 4 LBS he highighted on that was Lloyd, Dean, Chenal, Anderson.  He said that was his pause about Jamin Davis before the draft but thought he'd grow out of it.  So he's learned to pay more attention to this quality, now.  I know what he means I feel the same way.  What he calls urgency, i call play recognition.

C.  Devin Lloyd.  His LB #1.  He likes Dean but he doesn't think its that close between Lloyd and Dean if the goal is an inside LB.  Lloyd understands run concepts.  Good in space.  Takes on blocks.  Good hand placement, great hand dexterity.   He's the only LB he likes at 11.  Thinks it might be a slight reach to take him at 11 but is good with it.  He's a play maker.

D.  Nakobe Dean:  He likes him but his size worries him some.  The tackles protected him at Georgia.  And they sent him on a ton of blitzes and you can't do that to the same degree in the NFL.  You can see Lloyd take on O lineman, Dean not so much.    He plays with urgency. Sees him in the late first round. 

E.  Leo Chanel:  plays with urgency which he likes .  Urgent to the football.  There is a violence to his play.  Fitting the gap.  Peeling blocks.  Peeling double teams.  He likes to see that.   Safe bet at that spot.  Played up his consistency.

F.  You got to ride some variance with Muma, Quay Walker, Anderson but for that reason you can get some value to bet on them.  His point seemed to be you can get them lower in the draft than some of the other LBs.  Not sure I agree, I think thse guys are going 2nd-3rd round.

G.  Christian Harris:  He's conservative -- more cautious than he'd like.  Doesn't play with the urgency of some of the other LBs he likes in this draft.   Good job as a blitzer. He likes his size.  Not enough consistent physicality.  Dean and Lloyd are running to the football and blowing up plays, doesn't see it the same way with Harris.

H.  Muma:  A little stiff.  A little hesitation to his game which he said reminds him of Jamin Davis, though not as flagrant as Jamin.  Benefits from playing lesser competition.  Not great block destruction techniques. Gets enveloped by big O lineman.   Very athletic.  You can tell he plays with passion and loves football.  Has a nose for the football.   His point seems to be he likes his potential but has things to work on. 

I.  Troy Andersen: He probably gushed about him the most outside of Lloyd.   plays the same brand as lloyd.  He will light you up like Lloyd and Chenal -- he has looser hips than Chenal.   He can see Anderson QBing the defense.  Plays with urgency -- around the ball.  Has good recogntion for run plays.  Surprisingly refined instincts for a player who hasn't played LB for long.   The lesser competition worries him a little but not a lot because of how well he played at the Senior Bowl.   He speculated because he once played offense he's good at diagnosing plays on defense. 

Personally, I can't find any of his games to watch for me to weigh in on Anderson but I love what i've read about him.  And clearly he's an athletic freak. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I need to watch later season games of Lloyd, because none of what's talked about for him sounds right.  I don't remember him calling plays and lining up the defense and adjusting to pre-snap motion.  I remember him spending half of the game as an Edge rusher.

For a reminder to everyone about London Fletcher, he was an undersized super athlete.  He ran a 4.38 at 240ish.  He was still chasing down fast RB's at the sideline in his mid-30's.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I.  Troy Andersen: He probably gushed about him the most outside of Dean.   plays the same brand as Dean.  He will light you up like Dean and Chenal -- he has looser hips than Chenal.   He can see Anderson QBing the defense.  Plays with urgency -- around the ball.  Has good recogntion for run plays.  Surprisingly refined instincts for a player who hasn't played LB for long.   The lesser competition worries him a little but not a lot because of how well he played at the Senior Bowl.   He speculated because he once played offense he's good at diagnosing plays on defense. 

Personally, I can't find any of his games to watch for me to weigh in on Anderson but I love what i've read about him.  And clearly he's an athletic freak. 

Troy Anderson is a wildcard.  Here's what amazed me about Anderson in what I read about him in PFF.  He rated #56 on their top 150 play one full season at LB.  I think he goes 3rd round, possibly 4th.  Wonder if Mr. Anderson becomes good enough one day to be nicknamed Neo?   

2022 NFL Draft Big Board: PFF's Top 150 Prospects | NFL Draft | PFF

Andersen is a converted running back and quarterback who, in his lone full season at linebacker, racked up an absurd 67 stops. There's no telling what he could be with more reps at the position.

• Haha 1

Who are realistic teams that you guys think may want to trade up to 11.

All I keep hearing is Baltimore, but I cannot figure who they would be trading up for?

Pittsburgh seems logical, but I just don't think that they do business like that, especially since the last time they did they drafted D. Bush who is pushing bust status. That team usually does not make mistakes twice.

I really do think that the best course of action with the holes we have and the limited action in FA, is to try and nail the draft.  I think step one in that process, is trading down.

What do you guys think.

I tra

11 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Logan Paulsen doesn't like Dean's size but likes Harris's size?  Harris is also a small LB.  Came in 1 inch taller but at 226 to Dean's 229.

Not much different between the two.

My fault for not bringing context to it.  The way he said it was in the context of Harris looks like a specimen.  

As for Dean's size he was talking about it specifically in the context of apples to apples to Lloyd.  the conversation started with Lloyd versus Dean.  He liked Dean but he thought Lloyd was a peg better for inside LB. 

What made it hard to follow at times was he was zig zagging from player to player in his comparisons.

Speaking of Dean and Lloyd.  In one of the bullet points I had I transposed Dean and Lloyd's names.  I just fixed that and cleaned up some other things in that post.  I have the bad habit of typing fast and then rereading what I wrote later and then cleaning it up.  😧

If I had to come up with a theme with him is he likes players who play violently and have good instincts and charge at the football.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I tra

My fault for not bringing context to it.  The way he said it was in the context of Harris looks like a specimen.  

As for Dean's size he was talking about it specifically in the context of apples to apples to Lloyd.  the conversation started with Lloyd versus Dean.  He liked Dean but he thought Lloyd was a peg better for inside LB. 

What made it hard to follow at times was he was zig zagging from player to player in his comparisons.

Speaking of Dean and Lloyd.  In one of the bullet points I had I transposed Dean and Lloyd's names.  I just fixed that and cleaned up some other things in that post.  I have the bad habit of typing fast and then rereading what I wrote later and then cleaning it up.  😧

If I had to come up with a theme with him is he likes players who play violently and have good instincts and charge at the football.  

I like that in a backer as well. It’s one of the most important traits. That and being able to get to the edge to make a play. Downhill, quick, athletic. 

• Like 5

As for Lloyd, yeah he plays off the edge sometimes but that's not what he majors in.  It's just another reason why I like him.  He can play inside but he's a chess piece, too.  Has some swiss army knife abilities.  

As for play calling, I frankly haven't paid attention.  I have to look for it to find it.  I know Dean prides himself for it but I still had to pay attention and rewatch to find some cases where its obvious on game tape that we can access on youtube.  Considering Lloyd talks about studying a lot and he's touted for his work ethic and leadership and he plays inside, I presume that's part of his skill set.  But maybe i am wrong?  So for now I'll just say leader/captain of the defense and hold off on the playcalling part until I look for it.   But considering how good he is IMO at play recognition, I think he's tailor made to be good at it. 

I think we all know that Lloyd didn't run as fast as London Fletcher.  But he's a good athlete. 9.33 RAS.  Fletcher wasn't arguably hot in coverage.  He was OK as a pass rusher but not special on that count.  I am not saying Lloyd will be as good as Fletcher.  I've touted Fletcher a ton, love his play.   But their skill sets aren't exactly apples to apples and that cuts both ways.   Fletcher was short and fast.  Lloyd is tall, explosive but not as fast as London.  Lloyd isn't the tackling machine that Fletcher was.  But Fletcher IMO doesn't have Lloyd's coverage skills.  

SALT LAKE CITY – Super freshman Utah cornerback Clark Phillips III has found inspiration from Devin Lloyd’s leadership of a type of leader he wants to be.

Devin Lloyd is one of the captains but is one of, if not the top leader of the entire football team. Clark Phillips gets to play on defense with Lloyd every game and sees his leadership first hand.

...Devin brings confidence to the defense that I aspire to bring to the defense,” said Phillips. “At some point, I aspire to bring it when I’m a captain or when I’m a team leader like he is because we felt his loss even when he just missed a half when he was ejected for targeting. We felt that Devin wasn’t on the field, wasn’t crazy, but even if he’s not saying anything, he brings a presence that is definitely felt and so just having him on the field makes the unit a lot stronger with play and then just with confidence as well. You’ve seen the plays that he’s made and then I feel like he’s that puzzle piece that you need that’s crucial to making the whole puzzle full.”

https://kslsports.com/472237/clark-phillips-iii-finds-inspiration-from-utah-lb-devin-lloyds-leadership/

https://www.deseret.com/2021/11/9/22772373/utah-utes-devin-lloyd-expected-to-be-an-early-pick-in-nfl-draft-stanford-kyle-whittingham

“He’s a playmaker. He’s a guy that when there’s a play to be made, he almost always makes it. He’s an absolute football junkie and student of the game. He watches as much film during the course of a week as anybody we’ve ever had here.”

...“We lean on him a ton. It’s the whole team. He’s a great leader. He pulls people along. He’s compelling. He’s extremely committed,” said linebackers coach Colton Swan. “But it’s not just all about him and him being great. He’s trying to make this team great. He’s trying to make the linebackers great.”

https://975thefanatic.com/2022/03/22/meet-the-eagles-prospect-lb-devin-lloyd-utah/

Devin was a leader last year, he’s a leader this year. Leaders lead. There’s no drop-off there. Not only in the ’backer room but you can see him holding other guys accountable in other position groups. He’s just a guy that gets it. That’s not just calling guys out, it’s also promoting our culture and when guys are doing things right, give him a pat on the back. I love Devin, guys that are compelling and leading. It’s great to have them in the program.”- defensive coordinator Morgan Scalley.

Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 8.05.06 PM.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Troy Anderson is a wildcard.  Here's what amazed me about Anderson in what I read about him in PFF.  He rated #56 on their top 150 play one full season at LB.  I think he goes 3rd round, possibly 4th.  Wonder if Mr. Anderson becomes good enough one day to be nicknamed Neo?   

You are right about being a wildcard.  I remembered Mel and Todd gushing over him a few weeks ago as a second, maybe first round pick. Was able to find it on Youtube. Starts on him about 30 seconds in.

:229:The Rook

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Going Commando said:

I'm getting married to the prospect and I know I shouldn't.  But I can't help it.  I'm going to be pretty sad if he gets picked before 11 or if we pass on him.

Thats exactly where I'm at. 

There's question marks about the CBs, we don't need an edge or a tackle really. Draft is incredibly deep at WR and safety.

Hamilton is the only guy that gives me any hesitation about not taking Lloyd at 11. I think I'd lean Lloyd just because of fit.

At 47 we could get Watson or Pitre and be a much better team. 

I feel like we're going TE in the 4rth again and that's great, because I'd love to have 2 TEs on the field that block and are capable of combining for 1,000 yards+. 

I really want a RB, but its thin and the top 3 I think go before our second.

Lloyd has a chance to be the next Wagner or Warner and having a leader in the middle like that is invaluable. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Rook said:

You are right about being a wildcard.  I remembered Mel and Todd gushing over him a few weeks ago as a second, maybe first round pick. Was able to find it on Youtube. Starts on him about 30 seconds in.

Going to be interesting to see where he is taken in the draft like you said both Mel/Todd have him in the second.  He's raw but to transition in that short period of time to LB and be a TRUE Swiss army knife player makes one drool.  Love to have him on the team but I can't see it but who knows.  Whoever gets him, I think is getting a special player.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RWJ said:

Never heard of this QB before but strictly developmental spent our last 7th rounder on him.  Those interested take a look.

Agree. He’s actually the same late round prospect I’ve looked at. Also know nothing much about him, but having briefly read up on the later round / potential UDFA guys he was the one I landed on too.

Edit - Just rewatched through and looked up articles on him. It reminded me why I backed off him, initially I was reading he was listed at 6-1 however elsewhere he was listed at 5-10 and his size was a major issue. Talented athlete though.

Edited by Est.1974

17 minutes ago, sebestian said:

I can see Philly taking him, especially having the luxury of 3 firsts. They may trade out with one though according to reports. But I have Jordan Davis and Williams going to Philly.

• Like 1

I personally feel a bit reckless for this draft. 

I feel like we have taken the "good football" players to many times. I'm now looking at a team with pieces that can get you between 6 and 9 wins. I just want to recklessly swing for a player that will change the team. I thought Chase could be that for the D (he might still be) but it didn't come out last year. A little extreme example. Aaron Donald on the final super bowl drive. That's a baller taking the team on his back when it matters. 

Is that one of WRs? Are they going to be the clutch player to make an amazing catch when we are doing a 2 min game on the line drive? Is it going to be a LB who makes a critical stop? Is it a DB who makes a play to close out the game on 4th and goal? 

I don't mind if we miss on our first and second rounder, to gamble a bit. Because the current trend of the Rivera era seems like "bunch of solid players, with average of 7 or 8 wins". I'm done with that. Congratulations on being average. Average doesn't count. Playoffs wins do.

All the FA moves and the way FO talks leads me to believe we just draft a solid player. From a scale from 1 - 10 a 7. And team will hardly improve. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I can see Philly taking him, especially having the luxury of 3 firsts. They may trade out with one though according to reports. But I have Jordan Davis and Williams going to Philly.

I hear you.  What are your thoughts on C, Watson, I'm sure you know that I like him alot, and mocks now have him going to the Chiefs.  Doesn't it feel like were trying to wrestle our way out of a wet paper bag?