Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

And with the 262nd and final pick of the 2022 ES GMs Mock Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select...

ADAM ANDERSON, ED, Georgia

There are obvious off-field concerns here so it will depend on where the criminal process is with him.  If he is innocent, he deserved to be drafted much, much higher.  If he is guilty, I have no problem with wasting the pick to keep him from marketing his services to other teams as an undrafted free agent and eventually getting thrown behind bars.  I just pray that justice is served here.

As for the San Francisco 49ers 2022 draft class, I was prevented from drafting for them until the 4th round, even though I offered to take over the team mid 3rd round.  It's still not clear why the rules were adjusted to prevent me from just picking once I got the team, so I will still point out who I would have drafted at the time and who I had to settle for until I was allowed to pick.

At pick 3-93 we knew the 49ers owner wasn't going to be coming in as he had not been on the entire draft.  At that time the 49ers had been skipped at their first pick 2-61 and were waiting for the time to run out on their 2nd pick as the rules state.

Given that, I would have taken:

2-61    Cole Strange, G, Tennessee-Chattanooga

3-93    Cameron Thomas, ED, San Diego State

But because I was made to wait they both were drafted before I was finally allowed to pick at #107, so I went with:

2-61    Ed Ingram, G, LSU

3-93    Martin Emerson, CB, Mississippi State

When the 49ers third pick came around, I still wasn't allowed to pick for whatever reason, or I would have chosen:

3-105  Troy Anderson, LB, Montana State

But apparently we waited until he was taken before I was finally given the chance to make a selection, so I ended up taking:

3-105  Alex Wright, DE, UAB

For the remainder of the draft I ended up trading up with myself which isn't supposed to happen but that glass had been broken much earlier.  So my last two picks were:

4-108   Charlie Kolar, TE, Iowa State

7-262   Adam Anderson, ED, Georgia

• Like 2

Great draft everyone!   We trashed our previous time record of 13 days 9 hrs and this year it was an amazing 11 days 21 hrs. We averaged about 22 picks a day. That is with a few slow downs due to life mostly. 

A huge shout out to @COWBOY-KILLA- who did the heavy lifting by keeping the OP up. Lot's of players picked twice this year. A few misspellings and some other issues but the Comish kept us all straight. 

Great job all GMS. Thanks to those who took multiple teams. It's more fun on one hand but also a lot more work. 

A few adjustments to consider for next year: 

1. I agree with @Epochalypse that trading with yourself when having multiple teams should only be done when approved by the board. Just keeps things above board. 

2. I am thinking that if you on the clock in the middle of the night, you get until 9:00AM the next day no matter the clock time. But we could also then look at reducing the clock to something like 6 hrs rd 1, 5 hrs rd 2, and 4 hrs the other rounds. This is I think my 8th year and unless it's an overnight, if someone is more than 3 hrs late they are not coming. Just a thought. 

Really had fin this year as always. This was easily one of the best group of GMs. Each year it gets better as i think we have gotten down  to the people who are really interested. 

I hope @Riggo'sRangers wife came through surgery well and has a speedy recovery!  Also hoping everything is OK for @Berggy9598 We will look for you next year. 

Thanks again for everyone's participation. The dedication and hard work of reviewing players and creating your boards always amazes me. Not sure a few of you shouldn't be at least scouting for some teams. 

Palmas Clap GIF - Palmas Clap Batendo - Discover & Share GIFs | Clapping gif,  Funny cartoon gifs, Animated emoticons

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Some UDFA priorities for me would be:

Arron Mosby OLB/Edge Fresno State & Samori Toure WR Nebraska. Mosby is especially interesting and am baffled to his seemingly lack of interest. He can fill the off-ball LB position and excel in that role and is an excellent pass rusher.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Question for the draft experts in this forum: 

How good is Jordan Davis from Georgia? I keep hearing the dude is a freak....if he falls to us at #11 is he someone to consider? I know we're stacked on the d-line but if Davis is a sure thing and is better than Payne do we consider Davis and deal Payne for a pick(s)? I've seen mocks where Davis falls to the mid 1st round and I've also seen that he's a freakish talent. 

Thanks.

I'm a fan obviously since I drafted him but it was for the Texans. For us, I don't think it makes much sense given Allen and Payne. You can only put so many people on the field at one time, and two of our strongest players already cover what Davis would add, IMO.

In a vacuum though I see him as a wall in the middle of the line that pulls double teams and has a really good chance to develop into a pocket collapser as well. Welcome to see others thoughts.

• Thumb up 1

On 4/20/2022 at 9:38 PM, Epochalypse said:

I'm a fan obviously since I drafted him but it was for the Texans. For us, I don't think it makes much sense given Allen and Payne. You can only put so many people on the field at one time, and two of our strongest players already cover what Davis would add, IMO.

In a vacuum though I see him as a wall in the middle of the line that pulls double teams and has a really good chance to develop into a pocket collapser as well. Welcome to see others thoughts.

Nailed the draft position on him, just the wrong team.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Epochalypse said:

Cole Strange was who I would have slotted as pick #61 when I was looking to take over the 49ers at pick #93, wow 1st rounder.

Best 102nd pick I ever made. 

548 points? Did I math that right? 

Edited by duffy
  • Like 2

Jameson Williams:   22->12  +420
Bernhard Raimann:   28->77  -455
Christian Harris:   53->75  -155
Drake Jackson:      59->61  - 18
Jalen Tolbert:      92->88  + 18
Akayleb Evans:      132->?  +  ?
Tyquan Thornton:    140->50 +364
Cade Mays:          171->?  +  ?
Lucas Krull:        228->?  +  ?
Tyrion Davis-Price: 249->93 +127

Current total: +301

I'm comin' for ya, @Epochalypse!

EDIT: I missed that Tyrion Davis-Price was taken in the 3rd round.  Editing to add him in there as if this post was up-to-date at the time of posting.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Haha 2

Suppose I can quick post the final comparison for the Minnesota Vikings.

12 - Derek Stingley, Jr went #3 - +1000 (not my pick, previous owner before they dropped out)

33 - Boye Mafe went #40 for a point differential of -80

77 - Sam Howell went #144 for a point differential of -171

Which shows that the previous owner should have stuck around.

• Like 1