Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

The Jan 6 committee is giving local and national news orgs hella material. Every news show I have watched has had some of it on. This Trump playing the rubes for a quarter billion dollars thing is getting plenty play. 

That and drunk Rudy lol

I have to admit, the downfall of Rudy has been incredible to watch.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty surprised that I'm not really seeing much in the form of angry push back on twitter from Trump supporters...Normally it shows up on my timeline without needing to do anything. Now I'm actively looking for it and not finding a whole lot other than "There's no cross-examination, this is a sham!"...Having nothing but Trump's inner circle giving their first-hand testimony so far pretty much leaves little for diehard Republicans to **** about.

FVK-cDbUsAAJPq3.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I'm pretty surprised that I'm not really seeing much in the form of angry push back on twitter from Trump supporters...Normally it shows up on my timeline without needing to do anything. Now I'm actively looking for it and not finding a whole lot other than "There's no cross-examination, this is a sham!"...Having nothing but Trump's inner circle giving their first-hand testimony so far pretty much leaves little for diehard Republicans to **** about.

Russian bots and troll farms have shifted efforts to Ukraine.  Seems to be higher priority for them, that and/or they know Trump is a lost cause now.

• Like 3

I didn't realize these were related to Meadows & Manafort. Everyone was in on the scam...

Perhaps the most effective part of the hearing, however, was a video shown near the end that talked about how Trump monetized the Big Lie. He raised $250M telling lies about voter fraud.

Screen-Shot-2022-06-13-at-7.09.00-PM-103

Some of that money went to Mark Meadows’ “charity,” the Conservative Partnership Institute and even more went to Paul Manafort’s company, Event Strategies.

This is the kind of activity, fundraising making false claim, that got Steve Bannon charged with wire fraud and it’s the kind of scheme behind the investigation into Sidney Powell.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2022/06/13/january-6-committee-details-trumps-fundraising-fraud/

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I didn't realize these were related to Meadows & Manafort. Everyone was in on the scam...

Perhaps the most effective part of the hearing, however, was a video shown near the end that talked about how Trump monetized the Big Lie. He raised $250M telling lies about voter fraud.

Screen-Shot-2022-06-13-at-7.09.00-PM-103

Some of that money went to Mark Meadows’ “charity,” the Conservative Partnership Institute and even more went to Paul Manafort’s company, Event Strategies.

This is the kind of activity, fundraising making false claim, that got Steve Bannon charged with wire fraud and it’s the kind of scheme behind the investigation into Sidney Powell.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2022/06/13/january-6-committee-details-trumps-fundraising-fraud/

How else do you keep them from talking?

When these hearings started, I questioned what impact they’d have.  Most of this information is known, but to hear directly from the Trump Administration is quite effective.  The committee needs to, and I believe they will, continue to expose how Trump supporters were manipulated into sacrificing their time, money, and even freedom.  Kushner has already stated that he was busy in the final days working on pardons.  Were the people on the ground for J6 pardoned?  Or are they sitting in jail?  It has to be a pretty bad feeling knowing you were a pawn to a guy who did everything to the benefit of himself.  Do I expect people to gain that clarity?  Not all, not even half.  But a decent chunk that will make an effective dent.

I expect Trump to get charged by the DOJ.  I don’t expect a trial to complete in his lifetime though.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

politically and respect.  

He is still highly respected by MagaKlan and has an estimated net worth of $40M.  His downfall has not even started to occur.

Though I understand someone in your position floating the idea that Rudy has suffered tremendous consequences for attempting to overthrow our democracy at the behest of his oligarch handlers…it simply hasn’t happened.  The GOP loves him too much to allow it, thus far.

@FLSkinz83 has chosen to acknowledge 3 warnings for Rule 6 violations (points overridden to 0 ) & ignore the request to edit those. So now he'll be quiet for a bit as he's serving time off for the full 30 points. He should be happy that I still didn't add more more for his 3 Rule 18 violations as well. :) 

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Maybe Big Perm....I meant Big Worm speaks a Universal Language.

giphy.gif

one of those anti-MAGA Republican PACs should be going after their formers allies asking how much they were ripped of for. Not just one time donations. But those ones that had their credit cards charged over and over because they didn't read the small print.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The villain in that movie is literally just a giant evil vagina.

20D6651D-2573-445D-8AB4-0FCBBDC3E125.jpeg

Even with the risk of syphilis...thats a burning ring of fire if ever I saw one...would still hit it before Marjorie Taylor Greene.

• Haha 4