Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biden/Harris Legislative/Policy Discussions - Now with a Republican House starting 2023

goskins10

26 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

In the dogs defense, are these MAGA secret service agents? I mean, I can see where that would be a problem for the dog. 

Right?

Major jus doin his job, I've had dogs that let it be known they don't like someone specifically, and they usually aren't wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Right?

Major jus doin his job, I've had dogs that let it be known they don't like someone specifically, and they usually aren't wrong.

Major is the other German Shepherd what got sent away for biting a security guy and a national parks guy. Commander is his replacement and done a fine job upping the bite count totals. He sposidly up to eleven now. 🤭

• Thumb up 2

I worked at a doggy daycare/hotel for a year, y'all remember? 

I was never bitten by any dog, big or small.  I grew up with Great Danes and Yorkies.  Only dog that ever bit me was my mom's Dachshund, Samuel...he was an asshole, but I love Dachshunds.  Still the only scar lower than my knees.

People around dogs need to approach them the same way they do humans, which should be with kindness. 

Funny, that never happens anymore. 

The dog isn't the problem. People who don't know how to love dogs are. 

• Like 2

For as long as I can remember (I'm told that when I was little, I was terrified of dogs.  but I don't remember that.), every time I have seen a dog, I try to say "Hi".  

If the owner is around, I will ask the owner if he minds.  Because some owners get pissy if you say Hi.  

I'd say maybe half the time I ask, the owner says "He'll bite you".  

Without even taking my eyes off the dog, I say "No, he won't."  (And the owner gets pissy.)  

Never been wrong once.  

I've had dogs bite at me.  (And intentionally miss).  But not one bite.  From a sample of "every dog I have ever met, in maybe 55 years?"  

This is the kind of stuff Congress should be discussing and taking action on in a bi-partisan way. It may not have everything say progressives or the left want but it would have full support. But in the absaence of adults in Congress this is how you have to govern.  This was orignally enacted by the Obama administration only to be rescinded by trump.  

Link here: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/biden-strengthens-rules-to-keep-schools-from-saddling-students-with-unaffordable-debt-200752907.html

Biden strengthens rules to keep schools from saddling students with unaffordable debt

"All schools of higher education will face stricter requirements proving certain certificate programs lead to better employment opportunities for graduates under a finalized federal rule. If they can’t prove their worth, the schools lose access to federal student aid.

The Biden administration this week reinstated a stricter gainful employment rule, toughening one accountability metric and adding a new one to better gauge a school’s ability to improve their students’ earnings potential after graduation. The rule applies to certificate programs at all institutions, including public and private nonprofit colleges."

• Like 2

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

This is the kind of stuff Congress should be discussing and taking action on in a bi-partisan way. It may not have everything say progressives or the left want but it would have full support. But in the absaence of adults in Congress this is how you have to govern.  This was orignally enacted by the Obama administration only to be rescinded by trump.  

Link here: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/biden-strengthens-rules-to-keep-schools-from-saddling-students-with-unaffordable-debt-200752907.html

Biden strengthens rules to keep schools from saddling students with unaffordable debt

"All schools of higher education will face stricter requirements proving certain certificate programs lead to better employment opportunities for graduates under a finalized federal rule. If they can’t prove their worth, the schools lose access to federal student aid.

The Biden administration this week reinstated a stricter gainful employment rule, toughening one accountability metric and adding a new one to better gauge a school’s ability to improve their students’ earnings potential after graduation. The rule applies to certificate programs at all institutions, including public and private nonprofit colleges."

Republicans don't want people getting educations.  Especially not the poors.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Dank Brandon strikes again.

What is sad is just how hard republicans fought against this! At one point blocking the legislation for Medicare to be able to negotiate just to keep epipens off the list! Only reason to vote against the legislation is to preserve corporate profits. Yet they will snow thier base into thinking they will get poorer health care from this "communist" approach to medicine. And those morons will believe it! 

• Thumb up 2

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/illinois-migrants-jb-pritzker-white-house-chicago/

Washington — Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker this week called the pace of migrant arrivals to his state an "untenable situation," joining a growing chorus of Democrats who have criticized how the Biden administration has dealt with a historic influx in border crossings that is straining cities across the U.S.

Pritzker, a high-profile ally of the White House, sent a list of demands to President Biden in a letter that described in stark terms the challenges Illinois is facing as a result of the thousands of migrants who have arrived in Chicago and other communities in the state over the past year.

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

What is sad is just how hard republicans fought against this! At one point blocking the legislation for Medicare to be able to negotiate just to keep epipens off the list! Only reason to vote against the legislation is to preserve corporate profits. Yet they will snow thier base into thinking they will get poorer health care from this "communist" approach to medicine. And those morons will believe it! 

Still running against this

• Thumb down 1