Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Least Favorite Sportswriters

method man

On 1/5/2021 at 3:24 PM, Hersh said:

Most sports journalism has gone in the toilet in an attempt to give hot takes. 

I have to agree on this. I think that journalism, especially sports' one went from journalism to tweeter bots.

Best example I have about this is JP Finlay. Guy is more of a podcast/tweeter guy than anything right now, his contribution to NBC sports is heading down.

On 1/5/2021 at 4:02 PM, Bang said:

i do have my favorites covering the team. John Keim is the best, Lake Lewis does a great job, and I like Ben Standig.

~Bang

John Keim is still the best all around sportswriter in the DC area. Guy is good at everything. Be it inside infos, tweets, and still produce great article. And it's not even close.

Half these sportswriters grew up with dont even really write anymore.  They're more talking heads on TV or voices on radio now.  

Personally, I dont care for any writer that has an open, undiagnosed antipathy for the local teams.  Wilbon's content and commentary is always dripping with anger and disrespect for DC sports.  All the things he used to respect about DC sports are either dead or retired.  Which is what I respect about Kornheiser, who doesn't act like the DC metro area and it's sports teams are the last things on earth he'd wanna talk about.  

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

yes they replaced them with other "woke" idiots

They're more like caricatures of the old writers. Also they refuse to turn on comments.

Seems like I'm in the minority here but I actually like Drew Magary. Not necessarily for his sports writing, but just his style overall actually got me to laugh out loud.

8 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

They're more like caricatures of the old writers. Also they refuse to turn on comments.

Seems like I'm in the minority here but I actually like Drew Magary. Not necessarily for his sports writing, but just his style overall actually got me to laugh out loud.

woke Yahoo did the same thing regarding comments

My list is long, but every skins fan that doesn't put Len Pasquarelli at the top of their list doesn't know what they are talking about. His health problems make me feel warm and tingly inside. I genuinely hope he dies after a long painful battle with rectal cancer. 

On 1/7/2021 at 10:54 AM, Florgon79 said:

Magary is an asshole (at least in print).

On 1/7/2021 at 12:23 PM, Warhead36 said:

John Feinstein. He literally has the most punchable face I've ever seen. I don't have hatred for anyone in this world but that fat piece of trash comes close.

While I agree he's not the most likable or modest guy on earth his writing style is excellent though of a specific type. He's always opinionated and his work sometimes suffers from that.

On 1/7/2021 at 4:51 PM, Kurd Cudins said:

My list is long, but every skins fan that doesn't put Len Pasquarelli at the top of their list doesn't know what they are talking about. His health problems make me feel warm and tingly inside. I genuinely hope he dies after a long painful battle with rectal cancer. 

Yikes. I think you take sports just a tad bit too seriously.

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

IT is. I am old so I remember the old rants and rambling of Kornheiser which were done in professional decorum. Then you see Magary's writings and it's this meme edgy **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****. He loves to curse in his articles and it comes across as unprofessional IMO. That is the major reason. He is capable of good work but it appears more rarely than not. Magary made his name on Deadspin and defector with edgy and profanity laced tirades at the outrage du jour.

6 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

IT is. I am old so I remember the old rants and rambling of Kornheiser which were done in professional decorum. Then you see Magary's writings and it's this meme edgy **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****. He loves to curse in his articles and it comes across as unprofessional IMO. That is the major reason. He is capable of good work but it appears more rarely than not. Magary made his name on Deadspin and defector with edgy and profanity laced tirades at the outrage du jour.

Oh I know. That’s what I like but I’m a man of simple means. Dick jokes and profanity are really all I need.

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

Yikes. I think you take sports just a tad bit too seriously.

My opinion of him is mostly based on his lack of character and/or integrity. I also believe he does not possess any redeeming qualities. You're more than welcome to try to present some, but I'd be careful who you align yourself with.

Archived