Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You're only angry if you expected a different result. Objectively this was a mismatch from the start.

I could've accepted i loss in the context many are bringing to the table if we matched the intensity and effort that Dallas made clear they were coming wdidn't.

Folks want to give us credit for going down swinging, nah, we needed to start swinging out the gate, and we didnt.

Saying we should of expected to lose is loser talk, thats what losing franchises do.

Edited by Renegade7

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

These takes are absurd.

Your listing a couple things that happened to make your point that defense deserves to be off the hook here.  Theres a difference between saying they had a good game vs having nothing to do with this loss.

We almost won this game because of the defense. 

We were in this game because of the defense.

Heinicke put us in a major hole and put everyone in a bad spot in the first Q.

He held the ball too long, again. He failed to see the rush presnap. He was just throwing those crappy passes to anyone.

Heinicke put us in a hole, defense kept us in the game, offense kept us in the hole, defense tried to win without them.

• Like 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

We might of if we started the game the way some are claiming we finished it.  We had all week to get ready for this, no excuse for that start.

I agree, the start was pathetic.  

But sometimes you get smacked in the mouth no matter how much you've been able to prepare.  I guarantee you that this team thought they were prepared.  That if you asked Rivera before the game, he thought they'd prepared.

Gotta like the finish, though, I don't know why you're railing against it.  Other Skins teams would have just mailed it in.  This team fought back, made it interesting.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I could've accepted i loss in the context many are bringing to the table if we matched the intensity and effort that Dallas made clear they were coming wdidn't.

Folks want to give us credit for going down swinging, nah, we needed to start swinging out the gate, and we didnt.

Saying we should of expected to lose is loser talk, thats what losing franchises do.

What makes you think we didn't come out swinging? Maybe the Cowboys just...outswung us? They are the better team. Everyone knew it. There is a reason Vegas had them as such a heavy favorite despite us not being a terrible team record wise.

Again people on this board constantly confuse effort with ability. "Omg our guys didn't show up to play! We need to just try harder.!" As if the Cowboys weren't also trying their absolute hardest. As if their guys aren't also getting paid millions of dollars to play. Their guys were simply better.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We almost won this game because of the defense. 

We were in this game because of the defense.

Heinicke put us in a major hole and put everyone in a bad spot in the first Q.

He held the ball too long, again. He failed to see the rush presnap. He was just throwing those crappy passes to anyone.

Heinicke put us in a hole, defense kept us in the game, offense kept us in the hole, defense tried to win without them.

I'd say the entire offense put us in a hole. Heinicke included, but it was everybody really.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If they had come out swinging they would have won. I think the team learned a lot in this loss and it will help them with the last 4 games

• Like 1

Unfortunately, our whole philosophy after the bye: "Pound the rock, control the clock, stingy defense" only works it all 3 of those elements are there and if we're at least close in the score. If one of those goes bye-bye then it's pretty much all out the window. We couldn't establish the run game so we couldn't control the clock. We give up points and a strip sack TD and next thing you know we're behind by 20. The Dallas defense committed to stopping the run and forcing Heinicke to throw, thinking he wouldn't do very well. They were right.

The only reason we were even in this game is the defense. Did they give up points? Yes. But the fact that they only gave up 20 to a team that has possibly the best offense in the NFL and was averaging 30 is pretty decent, especially considering how many drives started in our territory due to our offense ****ting the bed.

I get people being pissed that we lost, but that whole 80s philosophy was never sustainable, and being equally mad at the offense and defense for the loss is silly.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

What makes you think we didn't come out swinging? Maybe the Cowboys just...outswung us? They are the better team. Everyone knew it. There is a reason Vegas had them as such a heavy favorite despite us not being a terrible team record wise.

Again people on this board constantly confuse effort with ability. "Omg our guys didn't show up to play! We need to just try harder.!" As if the Cowboys weren't also trying their absolute hardest. As if their guys aren't also getting paid millions of dollars to play. Their guys were simply better.

You mean you can't tell the difference when one team clearly wants it more then the other?  From individual extra effort and extending plays via broken tackles to far more aggressive play calling?  You've never seen a Washington team check out before?

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd say the entire offense put us in a hole. Heinicke included, but it was everybody really.

Play calling as well, continuing to run on first down for no gain kept leading us to third and long over and over again.  It lead to him getting hit a lot and pressing more.  Taylor deserves blame for his play, but he got little to no help from his offensive teammates or coaches.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

So what does come out swinging mean?

If we come out swinging, and the Cowboys come out equally swinging, the better team would come out ahead, right?

These non sense buzz words just kill me. They're so meaningless.

What it means to me is you either literally punch Parsons in the throat during game play, rip his arm off on a blatant holding call instead of letting your QB get molested or you use the Cowboys aggressiveness against them and make them pay until they slow down the pass rush

1 minute ago, DEASkins said:

What it means to me is you either literally punch Parsons in the throat during game play, rip his arm off on a blatant holding call instead of letting your QB get molested or you use the Cowboys aggressiveness against them and make them pay until they slow down the pass rush

Punch Parsons in the throat?  Yeah, dirty play, that's the ticket!  Let's get one of our guys ejected and send Parsons to the hospital with a collapsed windpipe!  

Come on @Warhead36, COME OUT SWINGING!!!!

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree, the start was pathetic.  

But sometimes you get smacked in the mouth no matter how much you've been able to prepare.  I guarantee you that this team thought they were prepared.  That if you asked Rivera before the game, he thought they'd prepared.

Gotta like the finish, though, I don't know why you're railing against it.  Other Skins teams would have just mailed it in.  This team fought back, made it interesting.  

I really want to, but the idea of them thinking they were prepared for this game and clearly not is making it hard.  You could tell all week we were going to treat this like jus another game and should not of done that.  

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You mean you can't tell the difference when one team clearly wants it more then the other?  From individual extra effort and extending plays via broken tackles to far more aggressive play calling?  You've never seen a Washington team check out before?

I didn't see a team quit today. If we quit how do you explain the come back? If we didn't have any fight we'd have lost 56-0.

We didn't have a great start. Part of that was Dallas playing at a high level. They're a really good team when healthy, potentially a Super Bowl team.

We lost to a much more talented team that's also healthy AND had an extra couple days of rest. Don't make more of it than that. This wasn't the Monday Night Massacre or one of the other countless times we got blown out by a rival. I didn't see an Albert Haynesworth lie on the ground.

I really want to, but the idea of them thinking they were prepared for this game and clearly not is making it hard.  You could tell all week we were going to treat this like jus another game and should not of done that.  

How could you tell what they were going to do all week?  Were you at practice?

I was more than a little disappointed in the play calling today: way too many slow developing plays against a defense that is going to pin their ears back and rush the passer, especially once they had a lead.  Why not call some quick slants or add some stuff that is 3 step drop, west coast style for a game like this.  Not a great showing by Turner, in my opinion.  Beyond the play of the offense as a whole, I think this was the biggest factor in why we were ineffective on offense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Some of our fans have digested too much Doc Walker over the years.

Omg yes that's the perfect explanation. I liked Doc and all but man his cliches after losses were unbearable. And that mindset has infected this forum now it looks like.

"We should have run it down their throat and punched em in the mouth" yeah ok this isn't 1983 and we don't have Bostic and Grimm and Riggo.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Punch Parsons in the throat?  Yeah, dirty play, that's the ticket!  Let's get one of our guys ejected and send Parsons to the hospital with a collapsed windpipe!  

LMAO. Yeah we should be like the Raiders. Punch em in the throat....and then lose 48 to freaking 9.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

So what does come out swinging mean?

If we come out swinging, and the Cowboys come out equally swinging, the better team would come out ahead, right?

These non sense buzz words just kill me. They're so meaningless.

They don't to players that are in the game.  Things like intensity, execution, and momentum all matter even if they don't show up on the stat sheet.

How are we going to defend the team for both on offense and defense working to hold Dallas to three points in the second half and not blast them for starting the game allowing 24?

Dallas talent level did not change during the game, this game was clearly winnable if we came correct from jump.

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's not dirty if you're protecting your QB and it's done during gameplay while pass blocking. I did give 3 options to emphasize that they had to answer the Cowboys eye for an eye and chose not to.

Doc Walker gets on my nerves when he starts talking X's and O's but he has a point when it comes to football philosophy even if it is outdated 

Edited by DEASkins

4 minutes ago, DEASkins said:

It's not dirty if you're protecting your QB and it's done during gameplay while pass blocking. I did give 3 options to emphasize that they had to answer the Cowboys eye for an eye and chose not to.

Doc Walker gets on my nerves when he starts talking X's and O's but he has a point when it comes to football philosophy even if it is outdated 

I don't care where you are, punching someone in the throat is dirty.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

They don't to players that are in the game.  Things like intensity, execution, and momentum all matter even if they don't show up on the stat sheet.

How are we going to defend the team for both on offense and defense working to hold Dallas to three points in the second half and not blast them for starting the game allowing 24?

Dallas talent level did not change during the game, this game was clearly winnable if we came correct from jump.

Again you use another buzzword. "intensity." A word that is used often yet is largely nonsense.

Did the Cowboys not also come out intense? If both teams come out intense, then doesn't the team with more naturally better players come out ahead?

Our effort wasn't the issue. If anything it was the Cowboys lack of effort in the 2nd half after getting the big lead that allowed us to get back into the game. That's why I'm not whining about how "we didn't try hard enough." Effort and "intensity" weren't the issue today. We were an undermanned team going up against a fully healthy team that's much more talented, coming off extra rest, and guess what? Were also very motivated and also played very hard.

Its pro football. Last I checked, Dak and Zeke and Coop and all them also make millions of dollars.

13 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

How could you tell what they were going to do all week?  Were you at practice?

Mostly Rivera acknowledging the guarantee while saying it didn't matter and was not important. 

There was no indication we were going to anything outside the ordinary and were jus going to play our game like we did the previous four weeks. 

And every indication is thats exactly what happened to start this game, ultra conservative on offense despite going up against a very powerful offense.  Mental mistakes, drive extending penalties, if there were any adjustments I couldn't tell until the game was well out of hand and another qb was in the game.

The writing is on the wall that we were not ready to play this game.  It seems like someone are laughing this off like we never had a chance in the first place, but we've talked about stuff like this before.  We used to blast Jay for the team being unprepared going into games before, how is this different?

2 minutes ago, DEASkins said:

It's outdated for a reason: because it doesn't actually work. It's the equivalent of "rub some dirt in it." It's a meaningless thing that dumbass people came up with to sound tough. But in reality if you rub dirt in a wound it just gets infected. "Punch them in the mouth" philosophy is just a bunch of mumbo jumbo for the most part. Of course you want to play physical, but it's a physical sport so there's very little getting around that. What matters is talent, planning, and execution. And we were simply lacking in all three of those today, it seems.