Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

about tanking the year.

Joryl

After the fun and excitement of the last few weeks and a playoff berth being realistic do people still feel we should tank the year and why?

to me this year is about building a winning culture and teaching the younger players not to settle for losing and skill positions getting experience  ( even Haskins is learning from Alex just like Mahommes did in K.C.) 

Thoughts?

No, with this statement win, you go for broke and see what happens. With the way we're playing, playoff wins are not out of the question should we get there. Tonight proved that. 

....However. If things don't go our way and we lose the division, I won't be upset. 🙂 With our play of late, but especially with the Win against the Steelers today, this season is already a success in my book.

"Tanking the season" is the ultimate tail wagging-the dog-idiocy.  That's a fan-only concept. No responsible NFL coach or executive would think like that, and Washington fans should know as well as anyone that there are no guarantees in the draft anyway.  And, the state of the NFC East notwithstanding, WE ARE TIED FOR FiRST PLACE in the last third of the season.  So dunk the tank talk.

Archived