Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

On the vaccines vs. eating healthy discussion. Agree we can do both, however, right now eating healthy will not stop the pandemic, vaccines will at a certain threshold.

The two things I find annoying are the morons online like "bro, why does the government not talk about obesity and exercise" as if that hasn't been a thing for like basically all of post-WWII. There's the nutritional chart that gets updated every decade, dozens of government websites talking about what to eat and maintaining healthy weight, it trickles down to your school classes, we all got taught the food pyramid (now outdated of course) and there's a reason we had PE. With the advent of the Internet I'm not sure how much more healthy eating content there could conceivably be. You don't even have to have a car, they'll deliver produce to your house - Amazon dirt cheap.

And then there's the "the human immune system/sanitation ended these diseases not vaccines" ...really. What did the human immune system learn in the past century that it couldn't figure out for thousands upon thousands of years? Why were there multiple plagues after the infamous Plague in the 14th century? Shouldn't it have learned?

And to top it off "my yoga and cleansing will stop the germs" ...get rabies, tetanus etc. and see how that works out without the vaccine.

Edited by Sticksboi05
  • Like 3

I mean it's not like a former first lady didn't make eating healthy her priority and get a lot of press for the effort.  Of course, the message was so very well received by those in the other political party.  It's like they were just dying to take the words to heart (sarcasm).  

Of course, the irony now is how many may die for not taking it to heart.  Well to be honest, it's not taking it to heart and not bothering to get the vaccine.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I got my third Moderna shot yesterday morning. Got the first 2 in January. It kicked my butt a little more than the second dose but nothing major. Sore arm and fatigue yesterday and last night but pretty much back to normal now. I didn’t want to wait for the mad rush in a few weeks so knocked it out early. Did it at rite aid they didn’t care. They were happy to inject it me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I got my third Moderna shot yesterday morning. Got the first 2 in January. It kicked my butt a little more than the second dose but nothing major. Sore arm and fatigue yesterday and last night but pretty much back to normal now. I didn’t want to wait for the mad rush in a few weeks so knocked it out early. Did it at rite aid they didn’t care. They were happy to inject it me. 

Crap...the second Moderna had me flat on my back for two days.  Totally worth it, 'course...but hearing the booster might be worse than 2nd dose is a bummer.  Still tho, many thanks for the heads up!

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

There won't be a mad scramble because there is no authorization or data to support a massive booster plan. We don't even have safety data.

The CDC and FDA have both said the White House's booster plan should not have been announced and is jumping the gun. It looks pretty clear that they won't authorize it - certainly for non-elderly.

Edited by Sticksboi05
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

There won't be a mad scramble because there is no authorization or data to support a massive booster plan. We don't even have safety data.

The CDC and FDA have both said the White House's booster plan should not have been announced and is jumping the gun. It looks pretty clear that they won't authorize it - certainly for non-elderly.

I got mine and I’m good with it. Israeli data shows otherwise. 

The key to avoiding symptoms is bourbon. As my picture from today demonstrates:

6FA750B6-B652-42F2-A0F2-B22A86646BE5.jpeg

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Ridiculous.  I guess we can group you in with the other “internet epidemiologists.”  

4 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Israeli data shows otherwise. 

If you search hard enough for the science you want to find, you’ll eventually find it.

26 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Ridiculous.  I guess we can group you in with the other “internet epidemiologists.”  

As I understood it from my doctor the CDC recommends the third shot for the immunocompromised population.  Its also on their web page:  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/immuno.html.  Not my business what @SoCalSkins situation is, but for a couple few percent or so of the population, a third dose is actually the recommended course of action...at least to the best of my current understanding.  Not tryin' to pick a fight, Buzz, but "Ridiculous" might be a bit harsh without more knowledge.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Tbf, I dont see getting a 3rd shot (booster) 7 or so months after dose 2 as ridiculous. Immuno compromised or not, I'd take it if it was easily available for me in October/November (when I hit that time frame). Just like I will continue to mask and distance (if possible) until the pandemic has greatly lessened. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

20 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

As I understood it from my doctor the CDC recommends the third shot for the immunocompromised population.  Its also on their web page:  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/immuno.html.  Not my business what @SoCalSkins situation is, but for a couple few percent or so of the population, a third dose is actually the recommended course of action...at least to the best of my current understanding.  Not tryin' to pick a fight, Buzz, but "Ridiculous" might be a bit harsh without more knowledge.

I will admit that it is possible I am wrong here but I don’t think SoCalSkins is in that situation based on previous conversations.  If he is in a group that the CDC recommends a booster for, I will admit my error and apologize.  I don’t think that is the case though.

17 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Tbf, I dont see getting a 3rd shot (booster) 7 or so months after dose 2 as ridiculous. Immuno compromised or not, I'd take it if it was easily available for me in October/November (when I hit that time frame). Just like I will continue to mask and distance (if possible) until the pandemic has greatly lessened. 

The major problem we are having in this country is that people think they know better than the experts.  Getting a “booster” that has not been recommended is doing just that.  Why not take some horse paste also?  What do all those “doctors” know with all their “degrees” and “training” anyways?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

The major problem we are having in this country is that people think they know better than the experts.  Getting a “booster” that has not been recommended is doing just that.  Why not take some horse paste also?  What do all those “doctors” know with all their “degrees” and “training” anyways?

Are you really comparing people taking animal forms of medicines (such as Ivermectin) not designed to treat Covid-19 with people getting a 3rd shot of an approved covid-19 immunization?

15 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Should add. I had the flu the 2nd week of January 2020 and it kicked my ass. I hope to never have it again (or worse, covid-19). 

Last year was the first that I didn't get a flu shot.  I wasn't going anywhere, seriously ran through the store for what I needed (still do). 

But I'm now scheduled to get a flu and shingles vaccine.  I'm a happy old person.  :ols:

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Are you really comparing people taking animal forms of medicines (such as Ivermectin) not designed to treat Covid-19 with people getting a 3rd shot of an approved covid-19 immunization?

Am I comparing two non-FDA approved uses of medicine?  I appears as though I am.  

Seriously, we rail against people here who think they know better than the experts.  Then people do exactly that.  Is that not the definition of hypocrisy? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Y’all do whatever you want.  As fir me, I’m loading up on a stride regimen.

You have stiff joints?  You don't need no stride...just don't roll 'em so tight.

Also...out of curiosity...which are you identifying with, cattle or swine?

...no...never-mind...let me guess.😉

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Am I comparing two non-FDA approved uses of medicine?  I appears as though I am.  

Seriously, we rail against people here who think they know better than the experts.  Then people do exactly that.  Is that not the definition of hypocrisy? 

Perhaps. We also might be discussing something that will be moot sooner than later. 

I've seen many experts saying that 3rd booster is put to better use in vaccinating the rest of the world to slow down or stop the next variant.  But many experts are also saying that the increased immunity from that 3rd shot is extremely high and worth it.

I'll be among the first in line for the booster if they authorize it.  But until they do, I think @TheGreatBuzz has a point.  We can wait until the experts officially recommend that booster shot.

Might be a long wait if people are truly waiting for FDA approval. They didn't approve Pfizer until 2 weeks ago. They still haven't approved Moderna (I think).

Or maybe EUAs by the FDA will be good enough for the booster for some of you (like they were for the first 2 shots).

Edited by The Evil Genius