Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USAT: After a summer of racial reckoning, is America ready to learn the truth about Thanksgiving?

China

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

Wait what?  Some people call stuffing “dressing”?  

Yeah. I’m not sure if it’s related to being cooked differently or different ingredients or none of that. 

but I’ve been hearing it called both my whole life 🤷‍♂️

41 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I swear until last year I never heard it called dressing.

Person was like "my favorite on TG is dressing!"

I said "what like 1,000 Island???"

34 minutes ago, Destino said:

Wait what?  Some people call stuffing “dressing”?  

29 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I thought you were tryin' to start a fight...glad we all agree it's stuffing, dammit. 

When you make it into a "cake" and bake the eff out of it, it's dressing.  And it's terrible. 

Funny. I got the side eye from the ex in-laws (from NC) when I called it stuffing. It's not a dish I eat with any regularity. I always figured it was a Southern thing. Saw people bantering on Twitter about it.

It's been one of those age old questions I've wondered about. In my mind I always pictured "Stuffing" as the sort of squarish, moist gourmet kind, and "Dressing" as the slightly more runny cousin, with gravy, and other "fixin's " on it, not the gravy on the side as a "condiment "

15 hours ago, Springfield said:

Thanksgiving, like Christmas, Halloween and any national holiday is not about history to me. It’s about what it is now and the traditions that I’ve established. So Thanksgiving is about being thankful for what you have in your life, and food, and football.

Aye. The Europa League matches should be wrapping up right around the time dinner starts. 

13 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Columbus Day shouldn’t be celebrated because Europeans treated Indians horribly. We should feel guilty about thanksgiving for the same reason. And the 4th of of July for the same reason.

live in guilt if you’d like, I’ll take the turkey 👍  

Yep...if we continue far enough on the path we are going, no holiday that honors a person or group of people will ever be allowed. Presidents Day? No way, every president has certainly done something or believed something which would offend people in 2020. Christmas? Sadly this one is easy to throw out if people were so inclined. MLK? I'd be willing to bet we can find some antiquated things that he said or did which would set someone off today. Even Veterans Day or Memorial Day...what if there were bad soldiers out there who committed atrocities during war? Why should they be honored?  

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yep...if we continue far enough on the path we are going, no holiday that honors a person or group of people will ever be allowed. Presidents Day? No way, every president has certainly done something or believed something which would offend people in 2020. Christmas? Sadly this one is easy to throw out if people were so inclined. MLK? I'd be willing to bet we can find some antiquated things that he said or did which would set someone off today. Even Veterans Day or Memorial Day...what if there were bad soldiers out there who committed atrocities during war? Why should they be honored?  

Problem is once you start dowm the path...you really can't stop it. Just simple physics...an object in motion stays in motion, unless acted on by an outside force.

Unfortunately during these times any outside force ends up getting bullied, chastised,  publicly humiliated, or physically injured...

Fun times....

I don't think it's some wild secret that the origins of Thanksgiving, like much of the way things were done (and still are to some degree) were... bad.

But today Thanksgiving, to me, is the following:

1) Family Time

2) Football

3) Food

4) Giving us a second to reflect on the things that matter and show appreciation for stuff.

5) 4-Day Weekend

6) Sales

(Note: Items may not be in order :ols: )

I don't, personally, celebrate Thanksgiving because of the origins of the holiday.

37 minutes ago, Mooka said:

I could care less.

:806:

I think you need to read the thread that discusses phrases that are said wrong...

What I believe you meant to say was you couldn't care less. Meaning that there is nothing that you care less about. What you basically said was that you care..because there are things you could actually care less about then this....so...I give to you..

49505650_1658310700980789_5809948041079160832_n.png

Archived