Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

$5 a month.

Damn son you bout to retire!

Actually, it’s not even that good. $10 total over the past year. My point was trying games that you wouldn’t think about for just a few minutes and maybe finding a gem. Also, before trying those games last night, I’m not sure how I gathered the points, I remember signing up for stars a year ago or so, but forgot about it. 

2 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Actually, it’s not even that good. $10 total over the past year. My point was trying games that you wouldn’t think about for just a few minutes and maybe finding a gem. Also, before trying those games last night, I’m not sure how I gathered the points, I remember signing up for stars a year ago or so, but forgot about it. 

Yeah I hear you.

I barely have enough time to play the games I do want to play, let alone games I don't have interest in.   Right now I'm stuck on SF6 and will be for a long time I think.  I'm building a new controller right now for it too.

I'd say about 90% of the games out there you couldn't pay me to play lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

That’s dope but there’s no joystick. Are you using the buttons for movement?

Is it a case?

Yeah it's known as leverless or hitbox, which was the first company to make them like that.

It's similar to keyboard ASD controls, where you press those to go left/down/right and then space bar with your thumb to jump.  

You basically keep your hand in it's natural position where your fingers go along those black bordered buttons with pink middles, and ring finger is left, middle finger is down, index finger is right, and thumb is up.

My buddy let me borrow his a couple months ago and I was liking how it felt after I got adjusted a bit, but I'm still not 100% there.  I wanted to make my own custom one since I already have a joystick one.  I plan to keep using this one over the joystick though because there are some definite benefits to using it over a traditional joystick.

Edited by purbeast

7 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Baldur’s Gate is downloading. Tips for noobs appreciated. 

Read all the tooltips and don’t worry about bad rolls/ skill checks outside of battle. Often times failing them gets you something just as cool or cooler in  another way and leads to more content. 

In battle, with few exceptions, offense if better than defense. But there is more than just those two options in most cases and using them all and the environment will make you unstoppable. 

High man wins. 

• Thanks 1

I made my character all charisma and dexterity, so combat kinda sucks at this point. 

I have a woman and a gay guy in my squad right now, and every combat encounter I’m like “go gettem you guys, I’ll stand back here and hurl insults from around the corner.”

Edit:  my insults do actually **** people up tho. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I made my character all charisma and dexterity, so combat kinda sucks at this point. 

I have a woman and a gay guy in my squad right now, and every combat encounter I’m like “go gettem you guys, I’ll stand back here and hurl insults from around the corner.”

Edit:  my insults do actually **** people up tho. 

Yiu can do some pretty ****ed up stuff with just your words in this game. Have fun lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yes, this is the goal.  I am going for as close to evil lawyer as possible. Nearest I could get is seladrine drow, bard, charlatan. 

A few tips off the top of my head in no particular order:
General stuff:

* Every turn you get an action, bonus action and a certain amount of movement.  If you aren't using at least two of those each turn, you're probably not maximizing what you can be doing.  Handy bonus actions: Bardic inspiration (for your Bard specifically, although you won't want to use this every turn - you'll probably want to save a few charges for Cutting Words), jump, shove, drink a potion

* Having a character that can cast Guidance (Shadowheart can do it for example) is helpful since you're leaning on conversation a lot - this is also beneficial for disarming traps, picking locks, etc

* The high ground matters a lot - it gives you bonuses to hit and to damage with ranged attacks, just be careful that you aren't shoved off

* Healing for a small amount of HP (like casting a healing spell that takes an action in the middle of combat) is generally not as useful as dishing out more damage or casting a more impactful spell that will buff your team or debuff theirs - the exception is that if a character is downed and you have the chance to heal them you almost always want to since that automatically gets them back up

* You can throw potions (takes an action unless you are the Throwing Barbarian) to give your teammates the effect of the potion - if you are very careful about your positioning you can even heal two characters with the same potion by splashing it on them, but it's finicky

* On computer you can hold Alt to highlight most chests and other containers - not sure what button on controller does that but it's useful

Bard stuff:

* Since you have high dexterity, if you have or gain proficiency in Sleight of Hand you can do just as good a job as Astarion at picking locks if you end up wanting to replace him later

* Weapons that are marked "Finesse" will allow you to use your Dexterity instead of Strength for attack and damage, so things like rapiers are good for you if you get stuck in melee

* As soon as you can, equip two hand crossbows in your ranged weapon slots - this will let you fire a crossbow as a bonus action even if you did something else like cast a spell with your main action ... and if you aren't using a shield, you could also consider using two light weapons you're proficient with like daggers for the option to attack with your offhand as a bonus action in melee as well

* You have access to Healing Word, and you should keep it prepared - it lets you heal a character for a small amount from a distance as a bonus action (level 1 spell slot) - the most important aspect of that is that you can get a character who has been downed back into the fight

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

* On computer you can hold Alt to highlight most chests and other containers - not sure what button on controller does that but it's useful

Hold X and it will form a circle around you and highlight everything you can interact with in that area. Super useful. I wish you could do that in the PC version. Just get in the habit of doing it ever place that there is a ton of **** you can interact with. 

10 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

Bard stuff:

* You have access to Healing Word, and you should keep it prepared - it lets you heal a character for a small amount from a distance as a bonus action (level 1 spell slot) - the most important aspect of that is that you can get a character who has been downed back into the fight

Probably the best overall healing in the game. I honestly hate healing in this game cause it takes away from all the other fun stuff you can do. But this on in particular is cool cause its versatile as ****. 

• Thanks 1

More junk I think he helpful for the is game, specifically on PS5 though. 

- R2 menu is useful for resting, map, waypoints and stats but probably underrated is turning on turn based mode. Use TO ENTER combat and you basically get a free turn. Otherwise whatever action you take is considered your first action of your first turn. 

- Same menu….combat log. Holds all the details about combat. Specifically if you keep missing and you do t know why, this will help you figure this out. Or why you always have disadvantage, or why you took so much damage. All the numbers, rolls, status effects and everything. Very useful . 

- make your life easier and put sneak and jump on your R1 menu. Abuse them. 

• Like 1