Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Wheel of Horrors Thread (Earthquakes, Train Crashes and more...)

China

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Silverio Caggiano:  I've spent almost 40 years of my life as a HazMat expert and working in public safety.  I feel I have continuously tried to excel in my profession and was never afraid to lead or go were others hesitated. I try to keep an open mind and never discount concepts or actions until I can prove it was wrong or a bad decision. My greatest goal is to leave my profession (s) and this world in a better condition than I found them and to improve on what was given to me for the next generation and the community I serve.

TTB:  tHiS GuY WaS oN FoX NeWs!!!!!!1

The guys an expert in hazmat and although recently retired as a battalion chief, still sits on the OH hazmat and wmd technical advisory committee. He’s also been used as an expert in fracking documentaries

but I guess he can’t hold a candle to our resident clothing store owner and internet troll. 

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 2

Nothing wrong with being concerned when a tablet full of toxic chemicals spills everywhere.  I havnt heard anyone blame anyone, but when ever MJG talks I’m confidence we are getting to hear something stupid, offensive, or both.

people getting emotional for no reason lol.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Copy/paste, click first link, 20 seconds to read

even early internet trolls understand googling stuff is quick and easy and a bad foundation upon which to build a troll 

Maybe we should cut him some slack though,  it can’t be easy being a 60 year old internet troll 

Edited by tshile

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

Copy/paste, click first link, 20 seconds to read

even early internet trolls understand googling stuff is quick and easy and a bad foundation upon which to build a troll 

Maybe we should cut him some slack though,  it can’t be easy being a 60 year old internet troll 

You know TTB is flustered when he just resorts to "I own you!" and doesn't want to debate points.  This Silverio guy seems like a pretty well respected member of his field but it's easier to attack him for appearing on Fox News and making fun of his appearance because...well...I'm not sure why anyone would want to do that but I'm assuming TTB has his reasons.

Woman accused in dismemberment slaying attacks her attorney

A woman accused in a grisly killing and dismemberment case in Wisconsin attacked her attorney Tuesday during a court hearing, moments after a judge agreed to delay her trial.

Taylor Schabusiness, 25, was seated in a Brown County circuit court when her attorney, Quinn Jolly, asked the judge for an additional two weeks for a defense expert to review his client's competency to stand trial.

Moments after Judge Thomas Walsh reluctantly agreed to postpone her March 6 trial, Schabusiness attacked Jolly and was wrestled to the courtroom floor by a deputy, WLUK-TV reported. The courtroom was then cleared before the hearing resumed.

Schabusiness is charged with first-degree intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse and third-degree sexual assault in the killing of Shad Thyrion, 25, in February 2022. Authorities say she strangled Thyrion at a home in Green Bay, sexually abused him and dismembered his body, leaving parts of him throughout the house and in a vehicle.

Before:

245ae213-9888-4357-bf57-18baa4efcfda-261

After:

26073967-8ec6-460d-b940-7f19ab9bfdff-AP2

Click on the link for the full article

9th dead whale washes ashore in New Jersey

A dead humpback whale washed ashore in New Jersey on Monday, the ninth whale to be found dead along the New York-New Jersey coastline since the beginning of December.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration confirmed that the body of a female juvenile humpback whale was found floating near Manasquan Beach in New Jersey on Monday, where it washed ashore that afternoon. The 35-foot whale was first seen in the area on Jan. 7, according to the agency.

The Marine Mammal Stranding Center and the Atlantic Marine Conservation Society were on the scene on Tuesday morning to gather information on the whale in preparation for a necropsy.

“Working with Monmouth County, the decision was made to move the whale to the county landfill for examination and tissue sampling,” read a statement from a NOAA spokesperson. “Necropsy teams will have access to heavy equipment and resources that will enable a complete examination.”

The federal agency said that six humpback whales have been found on New Jersey’s waters and shores since Dec. 1.

Since 2016, there has been an uptick in humpback whale deaths along the U.S. East Coast. Its cause is still being investigated. More than 20 whale deaths have been reported for New Jersey in that time, along with roughly three dozen in New York.

• Sad 2

Water and air concerns: DeWine speaks on East Palestine derailment

On Tuesday, Feb. 14 at 3 p.m., DeWine gave an update on the derailment alongside other Cabinet officials.

During the conference, health officials said that residents in the affected area should use bottled water, especially those on private wells. Those on private wells can call 330-849-3919 to get their well tested free of charge. Bottled water will also be provided to those who call the number and request it.

Officials from ODNR and the Ohio Environmental protection Agency said that while some contaminants did flow into the Ohio river, they are actively tracking the plume and towns are able to shut down their intake from the river and/or treat the water to ensure it is safe for residents to drink. These contaminants came from the original fire, and have not increased since.

ODNR said that the initial flow of contaminants did kill approximately 3500 fish in the affected waterways, however, these numbers have not continued to increase. ODNR did say that none of the affected species were listed as threatened or endangered, however, they will continue to monitor the situation.

The Ohio Department of Health said that while residents may be able to smell chemicals in the air, levels have been measured to be similar if not the same as before the derailment. Dr. Vanderhoff did say that while the smell should not cause any long-term health effects, even safe levels of the chemical can cause common symptoms like headaches. Anyone reporting symptoms they believe to be caused by this is encouraged to contact their primary care physician, and call the hotline to request testing for their well systems.

12 hours ago, tshile said:

Seems to me corporations destroying entire towns is something we should pay attention to, but I guess it’s not a sexy news topic for the TTB’s of the world 

They’re saying mechanical issue with an axel. Which sounds like a maintenance issue to me, but maybe it’s not. 

Oh there’s also the hazardous materials train derailment in Houston going on right now. 

By the way, a little blast from the past (2018):

Trump Administration Rolls Back Obama-Era Safety Rules For Oil Trains

The Trump administration has finalized a roll back of Obama-era regulations for oil trains.

The rules, which date back to 2015, required railroads carrying crude oil or other flammable liquids to outfit their trains with more responsive electronic braking systems. The rules came in response to concerns about explosions and spills from mile-long trains of crude and ethanol. In the Northwest, those trains move along the Columbia River and through cities to coastal refineries.

The U.S. Department of Transportation, which has been working on rescinding the rules since last December, said in statement this week that its analysis showed the cost of requiring railroads to equip trains with the new brakes outweighed the potential benefits.

The rail industry has resisted the new braking requirements. The American Association of Railroads, a freight rail industry group, had previously attempted to appeal the Obama administration’s decision, stating that the rules imposed unreasonably high costs to railroads and that the government had overstated the benefits of the brakes.

In 2016, the Federal Railroad Administration said electronic air braking, which allows for faster stops than conventional air brakes, would have lessened the damage from the oil train derailment in the Columbia River Gorge town of Mosier. At the time, the head of the agency referred to current air brakes as "Civil War-era technology."

The rollback is drawing criticism from governors in West Coast states, where oil trains move through densely populated areas like Seattle, Portland and Spokane.

Not saying this is what led to this derailment, but the Trump administration's gutting of a lot of agencies and rolling back health and safety regulations to please their corporate masters ain't helping, and it will take some time to undo the damage that administration did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, China said:

Woman accused in dismemberment slaying attacks her attorney

Taylor Schabusiness, 25, was seated in a Brown County circuit court when her attorney, Quinn Jolly, asked the judge for an additional two weeks for a defense expert to review his client's competency to stand trial.

Was really hoping her first name was "Nunov"...

ba tss GIF

• Haha 4

Man Killed By ‘Aggressive’ Giant Rooster

An Irish man lost his life after being mauled by an “aggressive” Brahma rooster living on his property.

Citing a recent inquest, The Independent reported that Jasper Kraus of Killahornia died in a pool of blood after being attacked by the large chicken.

His tenant Corey O’Keeffe said he heard Kraus screaming during the attack and saw blood spurting from his leg, as well as a large wound on his calf.

After calling emergency services, O’Keeffe said he tended to Kraus’s wound on his leg, and talked him through CPR for 25 minutes before the ambulance arrived.

O’Keeffe said when Kraus was coming in and out of consciousness, he said the word “rooster”.

7bfgm7.jpg

• Haha 3

Former Journalist in Kissimmee speaks out about the Chemical Warfare OUR Murderous government has waged upon us!

“9/11 killed 3,000 people”

“This could impact 30,000,000 people, OUR government is trying to kill us!”

Ima take a wild guess that she 100% Florida born n raised. 🤪

FYI stoopid lady it's well known that there are dangerous chemicals in virtually everything we use. The flame retardant chemicals on your cars seat for example are probably doing just as much harm to you as that chemical fire two towns over.