Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

7 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Even though He's just being interviewed to meet the Rooney rule; why would Jim take an oc job if he's interviewing for head coach.

He hasn't had a job in the NFL in years, so any job is better than no job if he wants back in. He's 68 years old, it's extremely doubtful he gets another HC gig.

RR needs to be gone, folks. That's my priority.

As for Caldwell, dude has sat for several interviews that he knew were nothing more than Rooney Rule ruses. But he went through them and shared his plans for turning respective clubs around. At some point he needs to stop. Case in point: he interviewed last off-season in Chicago and blew them the **** away. If he had been 30 years younger, the job would've been his. Anyway, they pressed him on his staff selections during the second interview, knowing damn well that the decision to hire Eberflus had been made at the start of the process. What did they then do? They pushed Eberflus to accept several people Caldwell had mentioned for his own staff. Bush league

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

22 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have defended Ron more than most.  

When I heard them double-down on the "run twice for every pass" stuff on Monday, I was out.

That's 1950's @TradeTheBeal! kind of thinking that I just can't get behind. :P

We're going to have to live with it for 2023, but I am now just waiting for what I hope is an entirely new philosophy in early 2024.  

They still might win some games next year, though.  They're too good to be really bad.  

Ball-control offense is the ideal attack: protects the QB, tires out defenses, limits turnovers, sets up PA, and keeps the opponent's offense on the sidelines and your defense fresh.

The problem is when you run across a team that drops 21 on you in the first quarter and you just don't have the plays or the guys to close the deficit quickly. When your QB is a turnover machine (why did we get Wentz?) you're screwed; when your Oline is average and you can't run the ball or protect the QB, you're screwed. If we don't have the pieces to move the chains efficiently, starting with an effective QB and strong running game, the slow-tempo/run-the-ball plan is the worst offensive philosophy to adopt

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Funny that he returns just hours after news comes out that the rams have a coach in line if he indeed doesn’t return. Funny what a little pressure can do to you to make up your mind quicker :P 

How the hell is "we know how we will replace you if you retire" pressure to not retire???

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

How the hell is "we know how we will replace you if you retire" pressure to not retire???

I mean, if it were me, I’d be like “well, ****…..they aren’t actually willing to wait around for me forever, I gotta make up my mind fast…..”. Maybe it pushed him to decide he actually does want to return instead of mulling over retirement or whatever for a few weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean, if it were me, I’d be like “well, ****…..they aren’t actually willing to wait around for me forever, I gotta make up my mind fast…..”. Maybe it pushed him to decide he actually does want to return instead of mulling over retirement or whatever for a few weeks. 

00ffc798f455f660f26f63ad60627994.gif

• Haha 1

For those feeling Rivera will pick a friend as new OC, let me just say nearly every job I've had since age 11 started with knowing somebody. Rivera is not doing anything unusual. It's who you know in life

Networking is great if one has a quality network to begin with. Ron's network seems slightly above average at best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

It's really not a matter of liking or not liking. It's just that what you're posting makes zero sense. But it hardly merits any more discussion. 

It makes sense to me, it would drive me to make up my mind quicker🤷🏻‍♂️ If it wouldn’t for you, great. people are motivated to make quicker decisions for all sorts of reasons, maybe that was the reason McVay made his decision today. 

you’re coming off rather rude about something I was just speculating could be the reason for his decision being made faster than probably most would’ve thought.