Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Sorry to burst your bubble guys but I HIGHLY doubt their ends up being another new name. First off the name change was largely run by Jason who the league hired. 2nd the NFL had to approve the new name in the first place. Third the NFL probably helped push the Commander name forward as they like having those military connections. And 4th the NFL was never going to allow anything that wasn’t super safe and boring based off all the controversy over the Redskins name and likely wants to keep it that way. I just highly doubt NFL would have any interest what so ever in going through all that again. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble guys but I HIGHLY doubt their ends up being another new name. First off the name change was largely run by Jason who the league hired. 2nd the NFL had to approve the new name in the first place. Third the NFL probably helped push the Commander name forward as they like having those military connections. And 4th the NFL was never going to allow anything that wasn’t super safe and boring based off all the controversy over the Redskins name and likely wants to keep it that way. I just highly doubt NFL would have any interest what so ever in going through all that again. 

It's definitely wishful thinking. There is a higher chance of Snyder being gone than a new name being introduced. I just don't see how that one happens and I highly doubt the NFL will allow it, especially since Jason Wright (who the NFL recommended) oversaw the whole operation. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

It's definitely wishful thinking. There is a higher chance of Snyder being gone than a new name being introduced. I just don't see how that one happens and I highly doubt the NFL will allow it, especially since Jason Wright (who the NFL recommended) oversaw the whole operation. 

Agreed. It was never going to be anything but super safe and boring. It’s why I don’t get the they didn’t even try for Redwolves! Yes they did. They tried as hard as they could. They were never going to try any harder than calling and asking about the rights a couple times once they got shot down a couple times that was the end of it. They were never going to risk any kind of law suit or litigation or anything like that after all the previous controversy. It’s a large reason the Commanders was the name. No risk what so ever in any kind of litigation or lawsuits or whatever. Same thing with yelling about them not doing a big enough reveal with fans etc. They knew people were going to be upset no matter what the name was so why risk sitting there getting booed and being even more of a joke than they already are? But I agree obviously that I highly doubt the name gets changed again 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, RVAskins said:

I  really don't think I would want Bezos as the owner. His ego is even bigger than Snyder's. I have a feeling he'd interfere way too much. I just want an owner who sits back and lets football people make decisions. Just surround the team with good football people. Then light a big cigar when you lift the Lombardy trophy.

I want Bezos. I’ll take an involved owner with a big ego over an involved owner with a big ego who’s a bumbling incompetent buffoon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Here's hoping.

Maybe they'd be in tune with the fanbase enough to go after a name, oh, I don't know, that THE FANBASE ACTUALLY LIKES.  

Well Bezos would just buy the Timberwolves so he wouldn't have any trademark problem.

edit: It would probably be cheaper too!

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

The NFL does not want those emails out there neither does Snyder or owners but the NFL said they would release them if Snyder gives the ok which he won't.

Can the nfl or owners do anything to him for not compling with congress? 

The NFL just sent 80k pieces that have been ordered by Congress.

That's quite interesting, because they did send something opposite of what they did the first time.

It's more and more clear that the goold old frat billionaire club as turned its back on Dan and are heading to the position that they were forced to can Dan Snyder because of Congress.

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Well Bezos would just buy the Timberwolves so he wouldn't have any trademark problem.

edit: It would probably be cheaper too!

That's quite interesting, because they did send something opposite of what they did the first time.

It's more and more clear that the goold old frat billionaire club as turned its back on Dan and are heading to the position that they were forced to can Dan Snyder because of Congress.

Wait till a whistle blower comes out or the sponsors pulls there support. This guy is cooked.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Yeah, but that's what?  Like 20% of what was requested?  And what were the contents of those 80K, you know?  "HERE ARE ALL OF OUR DEAL OF THE DAY E-MAILS, ALL 80K"

5 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Yeah, but that's what?  Like 20% of what was requested?  And what were the contents of those 80K, you know?  "HERE ARE ALL OF OUR DEAL OF THE DAY E-MAILS, ALL 80K"

Those elements were turned to congress, so we'll have to wait a bit to learn more about it. That's still a better sign that the first request from Congress.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.  There's too much coming out that our prayers maybe answered. Dan Snyder forced to sell the team.  

If there's real momentum to get Snyder out of the league and it will happen quickly I think; then you better downplay your expectations for this team until that happens.  This will probably drag out the entire year.

If you actually see the NFL starting the process of removing Dan before free agency:

I can't see the top free agents signing here, give the uncertain status .  What's different than the Broncos?  They are up for auction.  Here the team's owner is being forced out and you can expect a fight.   Top players won't wanted to be traded here either.

Whoever we get, we probably will have overpaid.

Once the process begins to remove Dan, that will be a huge distraction that Ron won't be able to overcome.  If the NFL goes through with removing Dan, I will have written off the 2022 season.   It won't be good environment  to play in and I don't expect Dan to go quietly.

The benefit of this, will be the removal of Dan Snyder and probably a Top 10 draft pick.  If the new ownership can happen before the end of this year; I expect a complete cleaning house. Everyone is fired and the new owner brings in his/her own people.  Probably, do it the right way; hire a GM and let the GM hire the coach.  Then do whatever it takes to land one of the Top QB's in the 23 draft.  

If the new owner is approved later in 23; then I expect him/her to get rid of the entire front office and hire a new gm.  2023 would be an evaluation year for Ron and the new gm would them decide whether to keep him beyond 23.

10 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Anyone who would think Bezos would let this team be bad is crazy. He would fight tooth and nail to not let himself fail 

Or maybe he's just buying the team to use it, to lessen his tax burden.   

Edited by 88Comrade2000

One sponsor has pulled out.

Darren M. Haynes (@DarrenMHaynes) Tweeted:

A corporate sponsor has CUT TIES with the Washington Commanders:

@MedliminalLLC says "we are sincerely disappointed in the Commanders handling of both the facts & allegations surrounding their organization"

Company removed #TakeCommand logo👀

Full Story:https://t.co/FAxINB9wp2 https://t.co/htAWbmcElY

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

One sponsor has pulled out.

Darren M. Haynes (@DarrenMHaynes) Tweeted:
A corporate sponsor has CUT TIES with the Washington Commanders:

@MedliminalLLC says "we are sincerely disappointed in the Commanders handling of both the facts & allegations surrounding their organization"

Company removed #TakeCommand logo👀

Full Story:https://t.co/FAxINB9wp2 https://t.co/htAWbmcElY

That doesn't really mean much.

Now, if an NFL sponsor pull out; which affects the entire league, then you have something.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, RansomthePasserby said:

I want Bezos. I’ll take an involved owner with a big ego over an involved owner with a big ego who’s a bumbling incompetent buffoon.

If we really do get a new owner then here's what I want:

You hire competent people to run things and stay out.  The only thing the owner should be involved in, is building a state of the art stadium.

Replace Jason Wright with someone else as President to run the business side.

Hire a real GM to handle the personnel side and let him hire the coaches.

2 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

i do think it means something. It’s a start. A would really like FedEx to pull their name. That would really push the right buttons

Stadium sponsors have pulled their sponsorships before with other teams.

Any Commanders sponsor leaving, only affects the Commanders.  You need an NFL sponsor to apply pressure or leave.  If has to effect the NFL as a whole; for the NFL to move to remove. 

31 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Any Commanders sponsor leaving, only affects the Commanders.  You need an NFL sponsor to apply pressure or leave.  If has to effect the NFL as a whole; for the NFL to move to remove. 

No one knows what's going on behind the closed doors. Maybe NFL change in attitude is something they were told in private by sponsors 

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

we are just going to disagree. This is significant. People are listening. This could possibly get the ball rolling.

also, FedEx would be significant as well. If they pull their name, which company out there is going to take their place and say “yeah, we support the abuse of women?”

• Like 2