Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

14 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

...I'm willing to make sacrifices...

I hear you.

Semi-personal Snyder story that I haven't mentioned in years. When Snyder's father passed it was the same time as my Step-Grandfather. My Stepdad is pretty Jewish and the oldest of 4 brothers. He went to Synagogue everyday for 11-months-minus-one-day The Recitation of Kaddish. During this, the Rabbi reads the names of those who recently passed.

Well, the Rabbi mispronounced the name of Snyder's Dad and he was there that day.

After the service with people still there, Snyder lit up the Rabbi for it. So.... yeah. I think he's a PoS and I'd love for him to be forced to sell the team. I'd love for the team to even be minority owned and for responsible adults to run the org.

What I meant is that I don't want to hear about some Epstein like story with minors.

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I wonder if Kyle Smith played any role in Santos and Mann being fired...maybe he knew stuff but didn't have the clout with Bruce (position-wise or status-wise) to do anything about it.

it would make some sense. Brucie got rid of people just for doing their jobs better than he could... just because. Wonder if Santos was part of cheerleadergate a few years back... ?

Edited by ntotoro

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I hear you.

Semi-personal Snyder story that I haven't mentioned in years. When Snyder's father passed it was the same time as my Step-Grandfather. My Stepdad is pretty Jewish and the oldest of 4 brothers. He went to Synagogue everyday for 11-months-minus-one-day The Recitation of Kaddish. During this, the Rabbi reads the names of those who recently passed.

Well, the Rabbi mispronounced the name of Snyder's Dad and he was there that day.

After the service with people still there, Snyder lit up the Rabbi for it. So.... yeah. I think he's a PoS and I'd love for him to be forced to sell the team. I'd love for the team to even be minority owned and for responsible adults to run the org.

What I meant is that I don't want to hear from Epstein like story with minors.

Exhibit 1,258,457 why Snyder is an asshole...

Yeah, I am with you on that one, that's over the line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Exhibit 1,258,457 why Snyder is an asshole...

Yeah, I am with you on that one, that's over the line.

I don't care much about the asshole-ish behavior outside of the organization--Jack Kent Cooke was an asshole as well, and his sexism may have cost the franchise a better location for the stadium.

But if his asshole-ish nature plays a role in whatever is about to be spilled, and if whatever is being spilled is pretty bad, I wouldn't shed a tear if the league forced him to sell.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

Just now, Califan007 said:

I don't care much about the asshole-ish behavior outside of the organization--Jack Kent Cooke was an asshole as well, and his sexism may have cost the franchise a better location for the stadium.

But if his asshole-ish nature plays a role in whatever is about to be spilled, and if whatever is being spilled is pretty bad, I wouldn't shed a tear if the league forced him to sell.

Right. I don't know what kind of owner John Cooke would have been. I do believe in the years he was "running" the team. It was limited with his father alive but in failing health. I am certain he would have been a better owner than this.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Right. I don't know what kind of owner John Cooke would have been. I do believe in the years he was "running" the team. It was limited with his father alive but in failing health. I am certain he would have been a better owner than this.

I feel like it would have been mediocre, but a more professional mediocrity lol...

12 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

it would make some sense. Brucie got rid of people just for doing their jobs better than he could... just because. Wonder if Santos was part of cheerleadergate a few years back... ?

Someone was fired shortly after that story came out...don't remember who. So if Santos was, they should have canned his ass as well.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2

Here's what I hope the upcoming article is NOT: ....I seriously hope it's not a 20 year retrospective on all the stories, speculations, and failures under Snyder with a few more recent salacious tidbits thrown in that hadn't been reported before. If there really is something rather bad, sad, and disappointing to report, focus on that and give as many details as possible so that the readers understand exactly what happened as best as possible. Really hope that the name change event is not being used just to write up yet another "Snyder sucks as an owner" article that repeats stuff that's already been reported over the years.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I actually wonder if this was orchestrated by Ron. He told Dan, "listen, you wanna change the culture? Let's come clean. Give them the impression that we're actively flushing out all turds and, along with the team name change, we're showing a willingness to really change the culture." It's like AA, the first step is admitting a problem, and that's what they're doing.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

I actually wonder if this was orchestrated by Ron. He told Dan, "listen, you wanna change the culture? Let's come clean. Give them the impression that we're actively flushing out all turds and, along with the team name change, we're showing a willingness to really change the culture." It's like AA, the first step is admitting a problem, and that's what they're doing.

The press release would seem to run contrary to that, though lol...

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

The press release would seem to run contrary to that, though lol...

Well. I mean it’s depressing and disappointing when we read how long it’s been going on for, but it’s like a rock bottom expose and how it was really time to take a long hard look in the mirror. The facts will probably be tough to swallow so that aspect would probably be emphasized 

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Idk, this feels like a conspiracy theory aimed at giving this the most positive spin (from our fan POV) possible to make it more palatable.

Much more likely that it's just some really ****ty things that were allowed to happen in our building within a terrible corporate culture, and the best we can hope for is that we've already bleached the whole building during the earlier personnel purge and more recently with these last firings. 

• Like 1

When Loverro tweeted his stuff on the minority owners wanting to buy Snyder out, I was suspicious because nobody else had said anything similar. Then we had FedEx saying they'd cut sponsorship to the team. Rumors of those minority owners wanting to sell their pieces (maybe because they failed in their hostile takeover), and now this. I wouldn't be shocked if it's something coming from the minority owners ranks.

7 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

When Loverro tweeted his stuff on the minority owners wanting to buy Snyder out, I was suspicious because nobody else had said anything similar. Then we had FedEx saying they'd cut sponsorship to the team. Rumors of those minority owners wanting to sell their pieces (maybe because they failed in their hostile takeover), and now this. I wouldn't be shocked if it's something coming from the minority owners ranks.

Well, if they thought selling their minority stock in the team was hard to do before, wait until they try and do it now lol....

Plus, if there has been some truly awful stuff going on inside the organization that they knew about, I'll be pissed as hell if their only actions from knowing this were to try and sell their stock or buy out Snyder.

14 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Idk, this feels like a conspiracy theory aimed at giving this the most positive spin (from our fan POV) possible to make it more palatable.

Much more likely that it's just some really ****ty things that were allowed to happen in our building within a terrible corporate culture, and the best we can hope for is that we've already bleached the whole building during the earlier personnel purge and more recently with these last firings. 

And is that necessarily a bad thing?

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

And is that necessarily a bad thing?

Which part? Yeah I think it's bad to try to avoid taking reality on the chin by telling ourselves speculative hero stories about Rivera's potential involvement in this as a generous savior lol. If we had any reason to think that, sure it would be nice to live in that reality. Seems like a thin coping mechanism though from where I'm standing. 

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Never have I been so dismayed at being right and even that basically only scratched the surface. Also makes you wonder why something wasn’t done sooner.

Edited by ntotoro

3 minutes ago, PigskinRedskin said:

Damn, I am glad they finally got the boot but man, got to keep their jobs for several years even after? Definitely not a good luck but the one positive to take is finally getting these people out of the organization. Wonder how deep it will get.

There would be a story as to how this was investigated by the franchise as well...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Which part? Yeah I think it's bad to try to avoid taking reality on the chin by telling ourselves speculative hero stories about Rivera's potential involvement in this as a generous savior lol. If we had any reason to think that, sure it would be nice to live in that reality. Seems like a thin coping mechanism though from where I'm standing. 

It’s like seeing someone you know in an abusive relationship. Eventually the truth comes out when they leave. You don’t want to hear the details necessarily but you’re glad that person took the necessary steps to purge themselves of that cancer.

If player personnel execs were involved in the cheerleader scandal a couple years back, and were allowed to stay, how can it not reflect poorly on Snyder? Allen was his man on the ground and point of contact but can the buck really stop there when it comes to FO execs? These guys weren't quality control types, they were fairly close to the top of the power structure in the FO. If the team owner isn't made aware of this type of high-level involvement in a scandal, that's because he doesn't want to know. And that's an indictment of leadership in and of itself.

• Like 2

Replying to @Kgskins26
That’s my guess too. Details about that. Not shocking things were bad under a poorly managed company under Bruce Allen. **** rolls down hill.

Replying to @jsparker31
That’s not a guess. It’s true. Let the media tell you in their story.

Replying to @Kgskins26
So nothing that will remotely surprise anyone. Typical

Replying to @jsparker31
Nope