Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Miscellaneous Humor Thread---vids/gifs/pics/jokes---no articles, no "owned" stuff

Jumbo

1 hour ago, TK said:

image.png.298b2758e2696cab92435d26d31f9f5a.png

That would mean the average American is drinking 234 (12 oz.) beers a year, or 4 and a half beers a week.  "According to statistics from the National Epidemiological Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions (NESARC), 30% of American adults don't consume alcohol." (Link)  Assuming that figure extrapolates to the world then for the people that drink alcohol, they are really averaging 6.4 beers a week (on top of all the other alcohol they consume like wine and liquor).  Again, going with US numbers, beer represents about 42.5% of the market, wine 16.1% and spirits 41.3%.  So in addition to those 6 beers people on average are drinking an equivalent amount of liquor, and maybe 2 glasses of wine on average per week.  By my math, that means alcohol drinkers are consuming an average of about 2 drinks a day.  I'm guessing most people don't drink everyday, which means there's a lot of binge drinking going on.

On 2/20/2022 at 6:51 AM, The Almighty Buzz said:

Went and saw a Christopher Titus show last night.  He did a lot more social commentary than I was expecting but it was hilarious watching half the crowd realize they paid money to be told how stupid they are.  It was great.

Is anyone gonna tell Buzz?

😉

😁

Edited by The Evil Genius

11 minutes ago, China said:

That would mean the average American is drinking 234 (12 oz.) beers a year, or 4 and a half beers a week.  "According to statistics from the National Epidemiological Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions (NESARC), 30% of American adults don't consume alcohol." (Link)  Assuming that figure extrapolates to the world then for the people that drink alcohol, they are really averaging 6.4 beers a week (on top of all the other alcohol they consume like wine and liquor).  Again, going with US numbers, beer represents about 42.5% of the market, wine 16.1% and spirits 41.3%.  So in addition to those 6 beers people on average are drinking an equivalent amount of liquor, and maybe 2 glasses of wine on average per week.  By my math, that means alcohol drinkers are consuming an average of about 2 drinks a day.  I'm guessing most people don't drink everyday, which means there's a lot of binge drinking going on.

Lifetime consumption of beer. Notice that they didn't include consumption and miles walked as per year...just the miles walked.

Or maybe they're just Canadian. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

15 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Lifetime consumption of beer. Notice that they didn't include consumption and miles walked as per year...just the miles walked.

Or maybe they're just Canadian. 

Not lifetime.   Per year (Link)  Actually, the amount they list is average across the world.  In the US it is 28 gallons per year (48 if you're from North Dakota)

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

this is just horrifying. I can’t imagine anything worse. Well, if the toilets were lined spiders that would be worse. But that’s probably it 

I don’t know.  I could find it useful when I’m banged up and not sure which end it’s going to come out.  Could use one for each.

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1