Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It's like being on the second floor in London but they call it the first floor.. 

I loved it there.  Stayed with a host teacher, her house was awesome.  She made homemade scones for tea, too. 

I loved watching Jamie Oliver, "The Naked Chef" in his teeny kitchen.  *He wasn't naked, tho that would've been cool at the time*

23 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

OJ did it 30 years ago today. 

I remember coming home from one of if not the last days of school and all the kids in the neighborhood watching it at my friend's house while waiting for our parents to pick us up. It was surreal af. 

It was a crazy sports time all around. Two NY teams in the finals of their sport and the World Cup was being held in the U.S.

• Thumb up 1

I was a freshman commuting to college at ODU (edit..I was done with commuting to school and was planning to go to WVU the next year) and was shooting pool with my Dad at Q-Masters on Princess Anne Road when the car chase story broke (the car chase happened on the 17th of June). 

Insane how almost everyone knows where they were at that time..30 years later. 

• Thumb up 1

Well, the recharge didn't work.  He found the leak, and it would be constant, so $4000 for a new a/c unit, with install...and because he's the first person I met when I moved here, he's giving me a deal.  We looked online, and anyone else would charge me 6.  May have to build a new concrete platform too.  We have to take my truck because the unit won't fit in his bad-ass van that has every filter you could imagine in it.  

This is very not good.  But it's a selling point for the house...new water line (he did that too) and new a/c.  This piece of **** house in a **** neighborhood is worth well over $4 hundred thou now.   :ols:

• Sad 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Don't be sad, Packer...I'll start the bidding at 7 and see where I land. 

The house I used to own (I rented for $650 for two years, then bought, and on a VA loan, my payment came down to $529.)

It's renting for $1425 right now...a little 3 BR, 1 and a half bath ranch.  (I'm trying to buy it back.)

• Thumb up 1

30 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Don't be sad, Packer...I'll start the bidding at 7 and see where I land. 

The house I used to own (I rented for $650 for two years, then bought, and on a VA loan, my payment came down to $529.)

It's renting for $1425 right now...a little 3 BR, 1 and a half bath ranch.  (I'm trying to buy it back.)

Totally different than how houses are sold here. Usually listed prices are 10-30% under what they end up selling for. 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Totally different than how houses are sold here. Usually listed prices are 10-30% under what they end up selling for. 😆

Last house I sold, 5 years ago, I lived in for one year and made $100,000 on it. $25,000 over asking price. Wish I would have just rented it out because I could buy 2 houses for what that house is worth now. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I'm not gonna have any a/c until tomorrow...he tried to finish everything, really close, but he's tired...a year younger than me, but I get it.  ( I got a pizza from Marco's down the road for lunch, sending him with the leftovers).  Poor dude, he's been out there in the sun all day.

• Sad 1

Nope, had to call in.  There's cutting of the siding involved.  Dude's gonna be here until at least noon.

He'd only had a banana, and I said "That's not breakfast!".  Threw a couple biscuits in the oven, a couple eggs, a slice of cheese and POOF.

My calls get answered first. 

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2