Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

50 minutes ago, tshile said:

Heavy metal is really just fantastic guitar riffs and solos ruined by ****ty lyrics and ****ty “singing”

A lot of really incredible singers in metal that have fantastic lyrics and vocals. I’ll post some examples in the music thread shortly

Devin Townsend’s voice is my favorite.

Michael Akerfeldt of Opeth. Yeah, he growls but his clean voice is incredible

Bjorn Strid of Soilwork and Night Flight Orchestra. This guy is overlooked, but he can sing anything and has become one of the great metal singers out there

Greg Puciato - from everything from everywhere. Actually known most as being the singer for Dillinger Escape Plan and he works a lot with Jerry Cantrell of Alice In Chains. Hood solo work is fantastic as well.

In the more extreme category, Travis Ryan of Cattle Decapatation. Dude has a monster growl, but has a lot of different deliveries and some of the things he does are wicked. He’s starting to have some pretty cool clean vocals, but I think he’s working out at least seems to be.

There are so many others. Unlike most, I even think the guys from Mastodon are great. Are they going to win singing competitions? No, definitely not. Does their vocals match the music and bring a specific energy. Absolutely, and that’s what makes them great

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

46 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Don’t forget pitchy, wheezing chumps like Ronnie James Dio, Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson.

Legitimate thanks for the Sign of the Southern Cross playing on my headphones right now.  Next up Breakin' the Law then Hallowed be thy Name.  Nothing like pitchy, wheezy voices singing terrible lyrics to wake you up the morning.

14 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Legitimate thanks for the Sign of the Southern Cross playing on my headphones right now.  Next up Breakin' the Law then Hallowed be thy Name.  Nothing like pitchy, wheezy voices singing terrible lyrics to wake you up the morning.

8 miles high and bout to fall with no one there to catch you.  LOOK FOR THE SIGN!!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

What kind of music do you like? 

well, I really like cowboy chords with vocals that have massive reverb and auto tune. I really like the vocals to be layered multiple thousands of times so that way I can’t tell which of his 30 personalities is actually the vocal I hear the most. I also really like it when they do a take of a line 54 times in the studio and splice together every syllable…pure artistry. 

I really like creative lyrics that you have to think about. 

like: “knocking me out with those American thighs” like what is he talking about? Did someone hit him with frozen chicken? I guess we’ll never know. So creative!

Yeah, that guy over there is screaming and making a point about loving the earth and creating a better life for everyone but it doesn’t compare to the whining about the hot country girls in boots and short skirts. I mean, the imagination is limitless. Why talk about the betterment of people when we can sexualize them? 

Also, music is boring. No one does anything different anymore. It’s all the same. I’m going to go listen to a real artist like a Jason Aldean or an Aaron Lewis. Thought provoking music about being drunk in a small town. These big city born country guys really relate to my small town values. 

“It’s been a while….” 😭

oh! One more thing. Big shout out to Imagine Dragons. The music is simple and I can understand it better. OMG! You bands! Just play one to 4 chords and stick to the formula! 

God music is boring….

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 10/21/2023 at 10:44 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

IMG_0177.thumb.jpeg.0d92fdc5db081fa6a5e361b70dd820aa.jpegSaturday. It’s Saturday. No calls from friends and family, just spam. Spam needs to join a union and start demanding some days off.

most of that is auto blocked. funny how they returned when I got my new phone until I tweaked the settings. barely get any now. now it's spam about packages 

Watching/listening to people complain about spam phone calls cracks me up. Just like when they complain about password management

you people wouldn’t last a week in my role

My cell phone rings constantly and about 50% of it is cold call marketing/spam. That’s not an exaggeration, I leave my phone on silent because of it. I just have to add important people to the exception as they come into my life.  Most of the spam gets filtered out but some gets through. 

Edited by tshile

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

most of that is auto blocked. funny how they returned when I got my new phone until I tweaked the settings. barely get any now. now it's spam about packages 

The USPS package has arrived at the warehouse and cannot be delivered due to incomplete address information. Please confirm your address in the link within 12 hours.

usps.upsgbn.com

(Please reply to 1, then exit the SMS, open the SMS activation link again, or copy the link to browser and open it)

The US Postal team wishes you a wonderful day

23 hours ago, tshile said:

Watching/listening to people complain about spam phone calls cracks me up. Just like when they complain about password management

you people wouldn’t last a week in my role

My cell phone rings constantly and about 50% of it is cold call marketing/spam. That’s not an exaggeration, I leave my phone on silent because of it. I just have to add important people to the exception as they come into my life.  Most of the spam gets filtered out but some gets through. 

bUy OuR sTuPid ToOl!!!

This is one of the reasons I asked for a separate work cell, I do not like how it's  floating around to all these fn vendors.

46 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

bUy OuR sTuPid ToOl!!!

This is one of the reasons I asked for a separate work cell, I do not like how it's  floating around to all these fn vendors.

I refuse to carry 2

im at risk to having my phone turned over in discovery but I don’t give a ****. They can have fun reading all my **** and trying to figure out what’s responsive. I got group convos that the a single days worth could make a book. Have fun

also, from watching others do that work, I know it’ll produce a good time for what associates are tasked with it. 

https://blavity.com/cheesecake-factory-date

A TikTok video user @moniquelsantos09 posted is going viral after a woman refused to leave the car when she and her date arrived at The Cheesecake Factory. According to the woman’s date, the restaurant wasn’t the original plan; they missed their reservation at another spot because of her lateness.

I'm at the caps game but there a list women made of the restaurants they won't eat at lol 

Screenshot_20231024-170803.thumb.png.2a9cc0fe3922949a208f2ebbf5293b94.png

what's wrong with Chipotle 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I refuse to carry 2

im at risk to having my phone turned over in discovery but I don’t give a ****. They can have fun reading all my **** and trying to figure out what’s responsive. I got group convos that the a single days worth could make a book. Have fun

also, from watching others do that work, I know it’ll produce a good time for what associates are tasked with it. 

Lolz,

One time I was working in the SOC when I had one phone and was experimenting get a work app to function properly, so put the VPN client on their forgetting I was also running TOR in the background.

Dude two rows ahead of me head pokes up, looks at me, looks back at his screen, then asks to me asking if I have TOR on my phone.

I was done after that, thought I'd never do two phones again after being an oncall sys admin, but now I won't even put a thumb drive in the laptop my job gave me because i know it has a splunk forwarder at minimum. 

Forget using their wifi for my personal devices, I know more then I want to know now.

• Haha 1