Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

On 12/30/2019 at 7:26 PM, mistertim said:

I would only take Andrew Thomas if we were able to trade down to the mid 1st and he was there. IMO he's nothing special and will probably be good but great or elite in the NFL; i think he'd be a huge reach in the top 5. This is a pretty mediocre Tackle class. 

I CBA with College football right now after the Sooners got taken out behind the woodshed by Burrow, but I'd take a big issue that the tackle class is 'mediocre.' 

The top end is the most elite it's been for a good few years IMHO. You wouldn't pass on Young at 2 from a purely BPA standpoint. But if he wasn't there, I'd happily take Willis in a heartbeat top 5. There's the Giants answer to any Giants fan worried about the 'Skins rush going forward if it played out as folk hope 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I CBA with College football right now after the Sooners got taken out behind the woodshed by Burrow, but I'd take a big issue that the tackle class is 'mediocre.' 

The top end is the most elite it's been for a good few years IMHO. You wouldn't pass on Young at 2 from a purely BPA standpoint. But if he wasn't there, I'd happily take Willis in a heartbeat top 5. There's the Giants answer to any Giants fan worried about the 'Skins rush going forward if it played out as folk hope 

Hail. 

I mean, I think Wills is a pretty nice OT...but taking a RT with a top 5 pick? Are you going to just hope and pray that he can suddenly move to LT while simultaneously moving up to the talent level of the NFL or will you keep him at RT?

Edited by mistertim
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I mean, I think Wills is a pretty nice OT...but taking a RT with a top 5 pick? Are you going to just hope and pray that he can suddenly move to LT while simultaneously moving up to the talent level of the NFL or will you keep him at RT?

I like OL Calvin Throckmorton from Oregon personally.

19 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Well it'd be a little foolhardy to draft him that high on a wing and a prayer. 

He could comfortably play whichever tackle spot you so desired and be dominant in all facets either side. Like Tyron Smith dominant. 

I'll make a friendly bet with you that 5/6 OT's go the first round. The quality at the top end of this class is the best in a long time. And Willis is the best of a very, very good bunch IMHO. 

Again, purely on a BPA if he's there, you take Young. But man, if you do that and haven't addressed the OT situation here in FA, you're facing a BIG drop off by the time we next pick. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

5 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

He could comfortably play whichever tackle spot you so desired and be dominant in all facets either side. Like Tyron Smith dominant. 

I'll make a friendly bet with you that 5/6 OT's go the first round. The quality at the top end of this class is the best in a long time. And Willis is the best of a very, very good bunch IMHO. 

Again, purely on a BPA if he's there, you take Young. But man, if you do that and haven't addressed the OT situation here in FA, you're facing a BIG drop off by the time we next pick. 

Hail. 

I dunno, it still feels like a hope sort of thing to me. Granted, it was somewhat the same way with Tyron Smith since he was an RT as well, but I think Smith showed much more nimble feet than Wills as a RT. To me Wills is more of a road grader guy with nice athleticism and good pass pro on the right side but his feet don't seem springy enough for me to comfortably take him with a top 10 pick (or even top 5) with the assumption that he'll be able to transition to LT at the next level. But hey, you know what they say about opinions.

Has there been a great LT other than Smith who played his whole college career at RT but then moved to LT once he came into the NFL? Not being a smart ass, honestly curious. 

22 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail. 

Can't you make a non-Cowboys comparison ever?  How about, oh I dont know, TRENT WILLIAMS.  Always with this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Has there been a great LT other than Smith who played his whole college career at RT but then moved to LT once he came into the NFL? Not being a smart ass, honestly curious. 

Straight off the top of my head, I'd be remiss as an OU to not point you toward the self centred asshole that's currently causing a gaping need at LT here in DC. 

Hail. 

14 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Straight off the top of my head, I'd be remiss as an OU to not point you toward the self centred asshole that's currently causing a gaping need at LT here in DC. 

Hail. 

Yeah I thought of Trent as well but in college Trent played 2 years at RT but his last was at LT IIRC. So he did have a full year of experience/tape at LT before being drafted. 

• Like 1

Just now, mistertim said:

Yeah I thought of Trent as well but in college Trent played 2 years at RT but his last was at LT IIRC. So he did have a full year of experience/tape at LT before being drafted. 

The main memories of him in Norman are at RT. 

Really not as hard to project as is made out when the traits are there. The same as T's moving inside. 

Hail. 

34 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail. 

How dare a guy give us everything he has for 8 years, become an All-Pro and leader of the team, and get a little miffed at the GAPING NEED left in his head as a result of a failure to diagnose.  Self centered asshole indeed.

With Allen and Hess gone, odds are he's back leading this squad next year.  Our dark night deserves a little gratitude.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

How dare a guy give us everything he has for 8 years, become an All-Pro and leader of the team, and get a little miffed at the GAPING NEED left in his head as a result of a failure to diagnose.  Self centered asshole indeed.

With Allen and Hess gone, odds are he's back leading this squad next year.  Our dark night deserves a little gratitude.

The whole pitbulls terrorizing his neighborhood thing make me think Trent is an asshole. Just because of his response and disrespect to his neighbors ( I know its not pitbulls...I love pits, gentle loyal nannys)

Id still like to pay him to protect our QB

Edited by Gibbit

39 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

well LT was on cocaine, so performance enhancing if ya ask me

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Hasn't LT basically admitted to being on coke a lot of the time when he was so ludicrously dominant? Obviously I'm not saying that's why he was so great; he was amazingly talented. But being on coke certainly couldn't hurt.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Scot weighs in.  He had a good 2015 draft, mediocre 2016 draft.   Not terrible as for pass rushers, without using a first round pick -- Preston Smith, Matt Ionnaidis

Whew. THANK GOD Bruce is gone, or that son of a **** would have seen this tweet and passed on Chase Young out of pure personal spite. Almost guaranteed. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Whew. THANK GOD Bruce is gone, or that son of a **** would have seen this tweet and passed on Chase Young out of pure personal spite. Almost guaranteed. 

I gather you mean it in a joking way but yeah I can see it.  That dude is so petty and vindictive I can see Bruce doing just that. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I gather you mean it in a joking way but yeah I can see it.  That dude is so petty and vindictive I can see Bruce doing just that. 

Honestly, it was a "joking, but maybe not?" sort of thing. It might be a little far fetched considering Young's talent...but I also wouldn't necessarily put it past Bruce. He really is just that much of a vindictive ****.

But I'd also look at it through the lens of Chase making Bruce look better by picking him. Even though it is a complete no-brainer pick, Bruce would still find a way to make himself look like a super smart guy for doing it and probably use it to justify sticking around for even longer. It's pitting Bruce's proclivity for self-aggrandizement/self-preservation against his proclivity for almost bottomless petty vindictiveness. Could be a toss-up but I'd probably go with the former winning out in the end. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Hasn't LT basically admitted to being on coke a lot of the time when he was so ludicrously dominant? Obviously I'm not saying that's why he was so great; he was amazingly talented. But being on coke certainly couldn't hurt.

LT and Cowboys 90s run...... 5e9dd5a5ae96bc379ca4dba53973e880.jpg

That was the old days though

Edited by Gibbit
  • Haha 1

I still trade back if someone offers something outrageous.  Seriously of Miami Offers 5, 18 and 25

Or Raiders offer their 2 1sts, a 2nd and a 2021 2nd.... there is just no way I don't do it.

Another minority opinion is that I honestly think Clowney was better coming out. I realize he was injured his last season in college, but his Sophomore season he as 13.5 sacks and 23.5 TKL in the SEC which was insane. He also didn't disappear in big games.

I'm not crapping on Young but just throwing that opinion out there.