Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

1 hour ago, ggarriso said:

why not just make a legal tackle or if your not going to do that because Matty fooled you with the fake then dont throw any hands towards his upper extremities;  I dont LIKE this version of the NFL but if you throw anything towards the heads of a QB your getting 15 

Basically everyone who knows football says it was a bad call which means he did his job on the play. 

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

What's odd about the whole Chase thing is he's a good guy and a great teammate, there's no attitude that we've heard about so you don't have the typical negatives you get when a perceived stud is underperforming.  You take his positive attitude and mix it with his athleticism and for me that's what makes it baffling that he's struggling.

What's baffling? He's struggling and a bunch of people here have created this narrative that has no legs. He's still positive and upbeat if not frustrated, but some of the things people have decided about him on a message board don't actually mean anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain James said:

How long do we hold on to this though? How many games does he get? A whole season?

more than a quarter of one

looking at the above pick looks like he got him just below it cause I can see all of Ryan's helmet and all of Chase's hand

Edited by carex
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Yes forearm to the chest. Absolute delusion to think this was a warranted call

Technically the fist is on the facemask. That’s the right call but it’s a real strict interpretation that I’m not 100% sure is called in 99% of games. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 2

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

@carex @BigDibbs31 you guys can dislike the rules all you want. Doesn’t make it untrue. 

That also doesn’t make it a good call, either. Incidental facemask contact when hitting the QB is a poor interpretation of the rule and it shouldn’t have been called. As I said.

troll elsewhere.

It was an absolutely terrible call. No trolling on my end. Yours maybe

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I swear, some people here almost prefer the call happened so they can bash Chase instead of seeing it objectively.

Yes. A lot of people wanted to blame Chase for not wrapping him up or tackling him differently. Got it. But FFS it was a clean forearm to the chest that should never be called.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I swear, some people here almost prefer the call happened so they can bash Chase instead of seeing it objectively.

3 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Yes. A lot of people wanted to blame Chase for not wrapping him up or tackling him differently. Got it. But FFS it was a clean forearm to the chest that should never be called.

I swear, some people don’t want games to be called by the rules just so they can defend Chase Young.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

10 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

It was an absolutely terrible call. No trolling on my end. Yours maybe

Nope. Ticky tack call that the ref should have kept the flag on his belt for but was technically correct. It’s almost like I’ve said that three times.

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Nope. Ticky tack call that the ref should have kept the flag on his belt for but was technically correct. It’s almost like I’ve said that three times.

And Ill say it again. Absolute delusion to think that was anything but a terrible call

• Haha 1

Here’s why you believe it was a bad call: 

B4AEA24F-406F-4C02-8F9D-E1A59CC95CFA.thumb.jpeg.3bab355456a24930d57968653bb9ccda.jpeg

the last sentence would support your argument. HOWEVER, the reason it doesn’t: 

84D2E823-8889-44EC-ADA5-DE29BF0D5CD1.jpeg.c41dd61e584aecd3d675fbf173d2598b.jpeg

The problem was that he didn’t attempt to wrap the passer up and instead clubbed him in the head and neck area with his forearm and caught the facemask.

By rule, it was the correct call. I think it’s stupid, too, if we’re being honest. Should have been a sack. 

But by rule it was correct.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

26 minutes ago, KDawg said:

@carex @BigDibbs31 you guys can dislike the rules all you want. Doesn’t make it untrue. 

That also doesn’t make it a good call, either. Incidental facemask contact when hitting the QB is a poor interpretation of the rule and it shouldn’t have been called. As I said.

troll elsewhere.

It doesn't look like it's on the facemask to me

thinking you're wrong doesn't mean we're trolling. 

It was a bad call because the infraction didn't happen, not because it was a to strict interpretation of the rules

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, carex said:

It doesn't look like it's on the facemask to me

thinking you're wrong doesn't mean we're trolling. 

It was a bad call because the infraction didn't happen, not because it was a to strict interpretation of the rules

Are we looking at the same picture? Beyond that it doesn’t matter. Head and neck area is the rule, not necessarily the facemask.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Here’s why you believe it was a bad call: 

the last sentence would support your argument. HOWEVER, the reason it doesn’t: 

The problem was that he didn’t attempt to wrap the passer up and instead clubbed him in the head and neck area with his forearm and caught the facemask.

By rule, it was the correct call. I think it’s stupid, too, if we’re being honest. Should have been a sack. 

But by rule it was correct.

Clubbed him in the head and neck area??? Nothing in that rule you posted convinces me. I'll keep arguing through the NE/TB game if you want. I'll be up watching the game.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Clubbed him in the head and neck area??? Nothing in that rule you posted convinces me. I'll keep arguing through the NE/TB game if you want. I'll be up watching the game.

Did he attempt to wrap up the passer? Read the rule. 

Edited by KDawg

3 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

That is my main concern. CY hustled just to two hand touch him?

there was like a pump fake that if it had been an actual pass with him actually tackling him would have resulted in a legitimate roughing call