Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: League has discussed possibility of Chargers moving to London

88Comrade2000

The Chargers will eventually leave L.A.  They are failure there.

Going back to San Diego or relocating to St. Louis, Portland, Oklahoma City, Birmingham, Memphis, Salt Lake City, Vancouver, Toronto, San Antonio.

I don't see players ever agreeing to play for a team in London.  Also, you would really need 2 teams in London at least.  

Expand the season to 17 weeks.  You will then have an inventory of 16 games, where 8-10 games can be played in London. The other 6-8 games can be played at other neutral sites. For the games in London, the team playing there get a bye the follow week.   Walla, you get international games and you don't have a permanent team in London. Also, there will be 2 byes now. To get players to agree to that, there will have to be a major concession.  What will that concession be?   I think something along the lines of either removing Goodell from issuing player discipline or changing the free agency eligibility or maybe both. 

The other option would be to expand to 36 teams and realign back to 6 visions with 6 teams.

London gets 2 teams. One thru expansion and the other with the Jaguars relocating to London.

San Diego gets the Chargers back.

Nfc East:  London Expansion Team, Giants, Cowboys, Redskins, Eagles, Buccaneers

NFC Central: Bears, Lions, Packers,Vikings, Falcons,Panthers

NFC West: Cardinals, 49ers, Rams, Seahawks,Saints, San Antonio Expansion Team

AFC East: London Jaguars, Bills,Jets,Dolphins,Patriots, Toronto Expansion Team

AFC Central: Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Colts,Titans

AFC West: San Diego Chargers, Raiders, Broncos,Chiefs, Texans, St. Louis Expansion team

The Schedule: 10 Divisions games, 4 conference games- 2 based on where you finished and the other 2, rotating with the other 12 conference teams.  3 interconference games where you rotate 18 teams played.   All the teams will stay play each other once, but it will be more infrequent.

Moving the Chargers to LA is almost like if Doofus Dan moved the Redskins to Dallas or Philadelphia after being denied his free stadium. It's about the last place anybody wants to buy Chargers fans.

I see similar things happening with the Redskins in the future and Dan will show his true colors at that point.

To echo all of you, moving the Chargers to LA was a very dumb move. This town isn't built for two NFL teams. It is already a Raiders town, and the remaining fans took up the Rams. The Chargers can't even sell out a 27,000 seat stadium. Shoot, I live four miles from the stadium and have no desire to attend a game, even though I've heard about how cool and personal it is.

Chargers never should have left San Diego. Wish the politics could've changed it. The issue was a new stadium from what I recall, and the taxpayers didn't want to fund it. There are many other cities that are better than LA, many named in this thread. I don't think London would ever work though, that type of traveling is too much.

Archived