Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I will quickly fix the Redskins

BoycottEuphemisticFans

16 hours ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

<Snip>

5.  In the draft, I will trade one of my two #1s down far enough in the first round to acquire a 2nd round pick.  My draft will look like this:

1a - Andrew Thomas, OT  (the 3rd generation Samuels/Williams)

1b - Jalen Raegor, WR (faster than McLaurin, giving washington a unique pair of speed receivers on the outside removing both halves of the top of a defense)

2  - I take the best TE I can find.  Get me a blocking TE who can catch like a Greg Olson type.

3 - I take the best HB in the country.  A hybrid FB/TE who can play either equally well.  A Frank Wycheck type.  

So your plan involves drafting a stud OT, WR, TE and HB. Well that seems easy enough.

You should have just stopped after 1. Fire Bruce Allen.

If I were the new owner of the Redskins tomorrow, I'd make as many phone calls to as many smart football guys I could possibly get a hold of and then I'd hire the best possible g.m. out of the consensus and let them control all football decisions. 

I would then turn my focus to stuff like fan experience and player health and safety. 

Things like a new stadium and new facilities for player rehabilitation. 

Obviously get the new general managers opinions on these things but try to focus my energies on things that money can buy unlike a winning football team.

You lost me at re-working Jordan Reeds contract.

As far as I'm (And hopefully Bruce) concerned, Jordan Reed is a dead man walking. This guys should not play another down of football EVER and needs to be cut as soon as it's league allowable to do so. I doubt any other team will touch him.

7 hours ago, hawgboy said:

You lost me at re-working Jordan Reeds contract.

As far as I'm (And hopefully Bruce) concerned, Jordan Reed is a dead man walking. This guys should not play another down of football EVER and needs to be cut as soon as it's league allowable to do so. I doubt any other team will touch him.

i cant respond to all the incorrect replies to this, but I will on this one.  I said cut the guy, not re-work his contract.

On 10/20/2019 at 4:50 PM, spjunkies said:

Why do people hype this Kyle Smith guy so much? If dude was that great he would have been snagged by another franchise by now. He goes along with the rest of the clowns. 

Nah, I think he's good. His hand was forced with Haskins, that pick has nothing to do with him. I believe he picks the right players but once they're surrounded by our damn good culture they don't develop. 

6 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Nah, I think he's good. His hand was forced with Haskins, that pick has nothing to do with him. I believe he picks the right players but once they're surrounded by our damn good culture they don't develop. 

I think it's possible Kyle Smith is good. I also think it's possible he's not. We know absolutely nothing about him because Allen and Snyder are on top.

Who has been responsible for drafting/signing all of these injury prone players on the roster? And then relying on them year in and year out? That's my question.

47 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think it's possible Kyle Smith is good. I also think it's possible he's not. We know absolutely nothing about him because Allen and Snyder are on top.

Who has been responsible for drafting/signing all of these injury prone players on the roster? And then relying on them year in and year out? That's my question.

Maybe he is just a ballsless wonder who disagrees with Snyder and Allen but does not say anything.  People that dissent do not last in the Skin's organization. He would have to be living under a rock to not know that.

But it logically follows that if he did disagree with many of their decisions, that strenuously, he would have taken another position by now in another NFL organization.  I mean the reputation of the Snyder run Skins organization is equivalent to a laughing stock, so no coach, player or player personnel member is judged too harshly based upon their association with either Snyder or Allen.  

So it leads me to believe on some level that he not too upset by their decisions.  But I must say in their minds "placing injury prone players onto the roster" which they do,  is not what they think they are doing. They do not acknowledge that publicly nor privately because they keep doing it.  

23 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Maybe he is just a ballsless wonder who disagrees with Snyder and Allen but does not say anything.  People that dissent do not last in the Skin's organization. He would have to be living under a rock to not know that.

But it logically follows that if he did disagree with many of their decisions, that strenuously, he would have taken another position by now in another NFL organization.  I mean the reputation of the Snyder run Skins organization is equivalent to a laughing stock, so no coach, player or player personnel member is judged too harshly based upon their association with either Snyder or Allen.  

So it leads me to believe on some level that he not too upset by their decisions.  But I must say in their minds "placing injury prone players onto the roster" which they do,  is not what they think they are doing. They do not acknowledge that publicly nor privately because they keep doing it.  

It's just a ton of conjecture.

I have no idea if Kyle Smith is good or not. I don't know who does what within the FO structure. And I guess, for better or worse, I don't need to. 

I don't know that I'd say something like, "I'd hire Kyle Smith to run the FO". I also don't know that I wouldn't. Someone that has worked with Smith or knows Smith would need to sign off on that, in my opinion. There are just too many variables to consider.

21 hours ago, MontanaSkins said:

I have a 3 point plan to fix the Redskins. 

1. Keep Bruce Allen

2. Ask his opinion on all issues

3. Do the opposite. 

/thread

Seriously though, not sure why people are poking at the OP.  It's more thought out than anything Brucifer has done :ols:

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

It's just a ton of conjecture.

I have no idea if Kyle Smith is good or not. I don't know who does what within the FO structure. And I guess, for better or worse, I don't need to. 

I don't know that I'd say something like, "I'd hire Kyle Smith to run the FO". I also don't know that I wouldn't. Someone that has worked with Smith or knows Smith would need to sign off on that, in my opinion. There are just too many variables to consider.

I agree there are a few variables but based upon what we do know about Snyder and his hiring practices, who is allowed to stay, who is let go, at this point in the length of tenure as the owner, we have a very large sample size,  The reputation Snyder has earned is based upon things we have heard from guys that have been let go.  There is a similar vein that runs through their stories.  Essentially if Snyder feels crossed or usurped in authority he wants the guy gone and Bruce Allen does the job.

So it seems to me it is not conjecture to say that on some level Kyle Smith is going along.  Wasn't he even promoted last year?  

Interviewer to Kyle Shanahan, "What did you enjoy about your tenure with the Redskins?"

Answer, "The opportunity to work for my father as OC".

Interviewer.,"Anything else?"

Answer, "That's about it."

I honestly believe that Snyder enjoys destroying this team for some diabolical reason that he probably doesn't fully understand. The franchise will probably eventually have to be run by the league because their will be no bidders. Snyder will threaten to move the team and blame fans, coaches and players; everyone but himself. The only "fix" for this team is to become such an embarrassment for the league that Snyder is run out of town by the other owners.

Archived