Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reality check time.

bakedtater1

24 minutes ago, tibbidoe said:

Since the passion is gone for a lot of fans, and the fanbase itself is logically getting smaller, tanking is actually ideal. Honestly, I'd be fine with a 2016-17, Cleveland-style 1-31 trainwreck. We lose out for a season or two, get the #1/#2 pick overall a couple of times, and then...

Losing out:

1) Bruce Allen will HAVE to have been fired by this point. There's NO WAY Snyder could make enough excuses to keep Allen around, since his departure is the only real hope there is for the team. So, we've already won by losing in this scenario.

2) By the end of the 1-2 seasons of (more) awful Redskins football, we will have shed many of the bad players/contracts that we have currently. Hopefully the new Pres/GM/HC will have worked out an actual plan for the franchise and plenty of cap space to make it work and Dan is able to STFU and let them work.

3) The haul of picks (with or without trades down, I'd prefer down as many times as reasonable) allows the new staff to build the team the way they see fit, while our current young players are growing into established leaders for the team. By this point (2022-ish) we should be in position for an extended period of good+ football, with real hopes of #championships.

Fighting hard for that participation trophy:

1) Regular 6-10 to 9-7 finishes, more mid-round picks and Bruce Allen mistakes, only occasional playoff runs, further erosion of the fanbase until FedEx is officially deemed a neutral-game site and the team store is changed to a league store. (okay, the last couple might not happen, but they might as well)

2) Fans getting to take the "moral high ground", while seeing only the short-term, BUT getting to condescend to other people about their "superior fanship".

So, whatever. Football is just entertainment and Washington Redskins football is no longer entertaining/fun. If being able to admit that and seeing the fastest way to correct it means I'm less of a fan than the next guy, so be it. Hopefully the next guy sleeps better at night, and also gets a fuller head of hair and a hotter spouse from their moral superiority.

#HTTR

Where's Cleveland right now?..****ty...losing out?..yes allen would be gone..THANK GOD!..hopefully the new president, gm, coach??...keep holding onto hope..two words for ya that will continue to **** that up..DANIEL SNYDER...u lose..next?

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Where's Cleveland right now?..****ty...losing out?..yes allen would be gone..THANK GOD!..hopefully the new president, gm, coach??...keep holding onto hope..two words for ya that will continue to **** that up..DANIEL SNYDER...u lose..next?

Currently? 2-3, 2nd in their division and still a team with hopes.

What are your (hopefully realistic) hopes for the Redskins? MAYBE win 5 games and what next? More of the same for a few more years? No, thank you.

And yes, when Allen is fired we obviously would have a new Pres/GM. We'll already have a new HC, probably a lot of new staff. So, I'm not sure of your point there.

With these coming changes, we would have hope again as a fanbase. A real reason to watch, instead of seeing a new a exciting way of losing. I'll take that.

PS- Congrats on your huge win. It should be fun to weigh your endorsement offers and seeing your name in the Ring of Fame.

You can be proud of the Redskins for losing..for me...personally if we lose this sunday I come away laughing knowing bruce is that much closer to being gone..THANK GOD...on to next sunday..who do we play?..i forget..o well..root for the redskins..hope they win..if the redskins team plays good and is in the game I enjoy it..the folks and I high five and hug during td's..we have fun..when the redskins play horrible we enjoy each other's company..to each there own whatever..maybe ur one that's gathered with ur buddies in a man cave rooting on players in the nfl while claiming to be a skins fan while trashing them while getting excited while 17 is scoring on a bomb cause ya have him on ur fantasy team so that's ok but trash the skins but it's ok cause 94 just got a sack hes on ur defense in ur fantasy but trash the skins..to each there own ya know..so the skins lose and look like **** I enjoy that as well because I know it's near the end for bruce Allen to go..THANK GOD..than on to snyder ****ing something else up..but we can hope right hope that he gets it right one year...he couldn't get it right 5 years ago 10 15...anyone else see a pattern here?

From what I gather, the only way Bruce Allen loses his job is if Snyder comes to the realization that he needs to totally restructure the front office to fit the model of a working NFL organization.  They need a clear GM, a person who makes the football decisions.  Get rid of this system where so many hands are in the pie, so many confusing job titles where no one actually knows what half of them do, what it seems to come down to is what Bruce Allen the supposed not GM wants............via Dan Snyder by proxy. 

Miami style tanking will not work in the NFL. This isn't the NBA, where 1 player alone can change a franchise. It takes time to acquire talent in the NFL, so if you have talented players, you should keep them. 

The NFL Draft is such a crap shoot. You build culture and talent over time. Not with the top overall pick.

Our problem isn't necessarily talent. It's Dan and Bruce. 

13 minutes ago, tibbidoe said:

PS- Congrats on your huge win. It should be fun to weigh your endorsement offers and seeing your name in the Ring of Fame.

What win?...I dont have a book for smart ass comments for dummies...seriously not trying to be an ass but if your going to run me down do it to where I understand it for humor purposes lol..

My Hope's for the Redskins..and I'm being 100 percent serious..for them to lose lose lose lose and than lose..0-16..0-16 0-16 0-16 0-16 0-16...maybe..just maybe by than..snyder has hung him self and is out of the picture..get my point...THE SKINS WON'T DO **** TILL SNYDER IS OUT!!..ok..let me reiterate here...I never hope the skins lose..never do..but I'm ok with it..when they lose and have losing seasons like this..in season coaching changes, it makes me think that maybe..just MAYBE someone can get in snyder's ears and snyder gets over his stubbornness and listens to that person and that person builds a good team again here..

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

From what I gather, the only way Bruce Allen loses his job is if Snyder comes to the realization that he needs to totally restructure the front office to fit the model of a working NFL organization.  They need a clear GM, a person who makes the football decisions.  Get rid of this system where so many hands are in the pie, so many confusing job titles where no one actually knows what half of them do, what it seems to come down to is what Bruce Allen the supposed not GM wants............via Dan Snyder by proxy. 

This is where my point about someone hitting snyder in the head with a shovel comes in..that's our absolute only hope..AGAIN,  ISNT SNYDER STUBBORN??

1 minute ago, ThePackisback said:

Just asking. It's all good. Is now not a good time to post?

Enjoy preston smith..the cowboys suck

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

This is where my point about someone hitting snyder in the head with a shovel comes in..that's our absolute only hope..AGAIN,  ISNT SNYDER STUBBORN??

Enjoy preston smith..the cowboys suck

It felt great to beat Dallas. I'm not sure we're a Super Bowl team though.

35 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

...u lose..next?

20 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

What win?...I dont have a book for smart ass comments for dummies...seriously not trying to be an ass but if your going to run me down do it to where I understand it for humor purposes lol..

If I lost, then clearly you won. So, I'm super happy for you. lol

Snyder is not going away. We all know and understand that. He has too much ego and is too emotionally tied to this team to walk away. Especially now, because selling would be admitting defeat and he's nowhere near being mature enough to do that. From leaving ice cream on Mike Nolan's desk to firing Jay Gruden at 0500, he has proven who he is as a man.

So, the only real hope is to stumble across the right combination of coaches, talent evaluators, players and yes-men. That process can't begin until Allen is gone and the next group comes in. Once we (eventually) get THAT group in place, who are able to win DESPITE Dan's presence, he'll be afraid to meddle too much, for fear of being a loser again.

2 minutes ago, tibbidoe said:

If I lost, then clearly you won. So, I'm super happy for you. lol

Snyder is not going away. We all know and understand that. He has too much ego and is too emotionally tied to this team to walk away. Especially now, because selling would be admitting defeat and he's nowhere near being mature enough to do that. From leaving vanilla ice cream on Mike Nolan's desk to firing Jay Gruden at 0500, he has proven who he is as a man.

So, the only real hope is to stumble across the right combination of coaches, talent evaluators, players and yes-men. That process can't begin until Allen is gone and the next group comes in. Once we (eventually) get THAT group in place, who are able to win DESPITE Dan's presence, he'll be afraid to meddle too much, for fear of being a loser again.

Lol..thanks for granting me the win..that was easy..I just say u lose and that means I win?..lol...errrybuddy knows I'm just a wenner round here lol..

Your last paragraph is an excellent point..I support it completely..so how do we...how do we do it?...how do we hope for the best for the players that make up the roster now but hope they lose?..you have to be nutruel..want for the redskins to win and root for them to win but be ok with it if they lose..but be happy if they win...if they lose than win than lose than win than lose than win again something is going to give eventually breaking allowing them to win win win..

11 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Lol..thanks for granting me the win..that was easy..I just say u lose and that means I win?..lol...errrybuddy knows I'm just a wenner round here lol..

Your last paragraph is an excellent point..I support it completely..so how do we...how do we do it?...how do we hope for the best for the players that make up the roster now but hope they lose?..you have to be nutruel..want for the redskins to win and root for them to win but be ok with it if they lose..but be happy if they win...if they lose than win than lose than win than lose than win again something is going to give eventually breaking allowing them to win win win..

It's all fun. Gotta find laughs anywhere we can these days.

Honestly, many fans are doing the right thing. Tuning out, not showing up or selling tickets like Bruce explained was the case in his presser. lol

Winning is always nice, but Dan has cultivated a FO that will call mediocre "being close" and is fooled by it. We have a loser mentality and it shows.

I hope for a win, expect a loss and am fine either way, after 20 years of Snyder. Enough losses and we get another roll of the dice and maybe, just maybe, it's the group that forces Dan to grow up.

2 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

What do you guys think of the new coaching hire?

Not exactly a coaching hire per se, but I LOVE the switch. And, although you naturally preface this with 'we've yet to play a game under Callahan', the initial signs are really positive in terms of getting back to a professional outfit who'll give everything on the field again. 

But I'm apparently in a completely different place to the majority of my Redskin brethren. So my newfound excitement for Redskins football probably isn't the best gauge to your question. 

Hail. 

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Let's use this thread to discuss the pros and cons of purposely losing to get a better draft pick. AKA Tanking the season.

Pros...there is none..absolutely none.

You can try to argue till you're blue in the face but you will lose.

Cons..looking like a chump rooting for your supposedly favorite football team to lose on purpose...

I don't want them to purposely lose. I want them to try their best and still lose.

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Enjoy the win this week buddy. We suck, but not as badly as the Dolphins. They're historically bad and its intentional. 

Intentional suck vs 20 years of Snyder’s best efforts at leadership and I think there’s actually an excellent chance that we not only lose, but get our asses kicked on Sunday.

40 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Intentional suck vs 20 years of Snyder’s best efforts at leadership and I think there’s actually an excellent chance that we not only lose, but get our asses kicked on Sunday.

The Dolphins are historically bad on every front. Theyve also played much much better teams than us, which gives me a glimmer of hope to lose.

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The Dolphins are historically bad on every front. Theyve also played much much better teams than us, which gives me a glimmer of hope to lose.

Excellent chance. Skins have more talent but a ****ty roster playing hard will beat a Snyder Redskins team that has had all of its give-a-**** syphoned away by this corrosive culture.

3 hours ago, Tay said:

Miami style tanking will not work in the NFL. This isn't the NBA, where 1 player alone can change a franchise. It takes time to acquire talent in the NFL, so if you have talented players, you should keep them. 

The NFL Draft is such a crap shoot. You build culture and talent over time. Not with the top overall pick.

Our problem isn't necessarily talent. It's Dan and Bruce. 

That's what they said about baseball before moneyball and basketball before the process. 

Sashi Brown did a pretty good job at tanking the Browns and despite them not playing well I'd probably take that young roster over quite a few other teams.

I think people will say it won't work in the NFL until it does. The side of this that shouldn't be ignored is that most of the GMs that go into full tank mode rarely make it out of the team turning things around. Maybe that's the silver lining? If we went full tank mode there's a larger chance of Allen being gone. 

Granted he'd just replaced by another Allen, but it might be progress. 

It depends your motivation and world view.

My view is that if we lose enough games (hopefully all of them this year) Brucey will be the only one left that Dannyboy can blame and thus will be shown the door.

I believe that if you cheer for the team to win right now, you are also cheering for Brucey...

I can't get on board with that...

2 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Pros:You get the best player in the draft.  Also, Bruce Allen looks like the chump he is.

Cons: None.  You can argue this until you are blue in the face, but itd be like arguing against a potato.

What good does the best player in the draft do for a snyder ran team..u lose to a potato(lol)..next?

35 minutes ago, illone said:

I believe that if you cheer for the team to win right now, you are also cheering for Brucey...

Nope, cheering for the players that make up the redskins isnt cheering for bruce..now u lose..god this game is easy..next?

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Nope, cheering for the players that make up the redskins isnt cheering for bruce..now u lose..god this game is easy..next?

Players that will be playing for another team soon... Players that Brucey picked in his infinite wisdom.

See, we win by losing. :D

Archived