Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Throwing in the towel

Burgold

5 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I don’t know if that’s the way you want to go out though.

Why not?

Did you not hear about the owner and the team president beelining for the parking lot while the dead man walking is standing there addressing all the questions of the media?

Don't you think that they'd be the ones answering some questions? 0-5 and hiding in the shadows of their own creation?

I'd have done worse and nobody else in that league would have blamed me for it.

Somebody needs to **** slap Gruden right about now.

I don't know if you caught this, but I listen. In the presser, JP ask Jay if he foresees any changes moving into next week. To me he went directly at the defense and quickly cleaned himself up by mentioning the offense. Now here's the thing, the offense is him!!! So we know you aren't changing yourself **** bag! So again, you threw you defensive coordinator and his staff under the bus. Jay should have just said no. But he's a bad head coach and has proven the inability to manage his emotions under adversity. His play calling speaks to it and his inability to by pass his feelings about a player shows it. 

10 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

But he's a bad head coach and has proven the inability to manage his emotions under adversity. His play calling speaks to it and his inability to by pass his feelings about a player shows it. 

But he's there answering all of the questions knowing that he's getting fired.

Meanwhile the one who should really be answering the questions for 20 years of buffoonery sneaks out to the parking lot to get him some Crown Royal in solitude.

Somebody in the media needs to ask the coach after every game (whether it's still Jay or somebody else) question after question about Bruce Allen.

"What did Bruce think about today's performance?"
"Have you had any discussions with Bruce about personnel changes?"
"What are some changes Bruce might want to make to the squad going forward this year?"

Just endlessly. Either make the HC put words in Bruce Allen's mouth (and in Jay's case, maybe let him get a little revenge), or make Allen sack up and face the press himself.

4 hours ago, chdream said:

I have decided to not watch any games until Jay is fired. Don't care who replaces him. I doubt  if he gets fired in season. I doubt if Bruce gets fired. So understand as fans we have simply talk with our feet. We need to stop buying tickets and all gear. Until Dan feels it in his bottom line, he won't change. The more we comment, the more Dan won't do anything different

i didn't know there's still football fans that don't understand how NFL economy works.   It doesn't matter if you don't go to the stadium.  ALL NFL owners get the majority of their revenue from the television contract.  It doesn't matter if redskins' stadium is empty and they are 0-16, Snyder still makes the same amount of money.  As for the ticket sales, because washington is centrally located on the east coast, it is a stadium that opposing team fans like to make a weekend trip to.  Go to the city on saturday, and go to the ballgame on sunday.  today's crowd was 70K + and most were patriot fans.  he got his secondary revenue from ticket sales from the opposing team's fans.   there IS NO answer for this besides you murdering Snyder.  Which I'm not advocating, of course, but yeah that's the only way he is impacted.

2 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

i didn't know there's still football fans that don't understand how NFL economy works.   It doesn't matter if you don't go to the stadium.  ALL NFL owners get the majority of their revenue from the television contract.  It doesn't matter if redskins' stadium is empty and they are 0-16, Snyder still makes the same amount of money.  As for the ticket sales, because washington is centrally located on the east coast, it is a stadium that opposing team fans like to make a weekend trip to.  Go to the city on saturday, and go to the ballgame on sunday.  today's crowd was 70K + and most were patriot fans.  he got his secondary revenue from ticket sales from the opposing team's fans.   there IS NO answer for this besides you murdering Snyder.  Which I'm not advocating, of course, but yeah that's the only way he is impacted.

Not so sure about that since he's having a hard time getting his new stadium. Like, very little progress being made, taxpayers and most politicians not willing to give taxpayer money, the narrative on the team and the lack of hometown fans at the games has an impact on the stadium stuff imo. Which is what he cares about the most right now. 

1 hour ago, GhostofSparta said:

Somebody in the media needs to ask the coach after every game (whether it's still Jay or somebody else) question after question about Bruce Allen.

"What did Bruce think about today's performance?"
"Have you had any discussions with Bruce about personnel changes?"
"What are some changes Bruce might want to make to the squad going forward this year?"

Just endlessly. Either make the HC put words in Bruce Allen's mouth (and in Jay's case, maybe let him get a little revenge), or make Allen sack up and face the press himself.

this is NOT going to happen.  That's not how local beat writers keep their jobs.  local sports writers for any team must maintain a working professional relationship otherwise the team can & will cut them off and then they are screwed.  you trying to weaponize the media for your own personal agenda is not going to happen.  if you want to do something, you have to do it yourself as a fan.  im too lazy for that effort.  someone else younger than me who still has the energy would have to do something in-stadium, the media's is not going to do your bidding.  they report the stories, they dont MAKE the stories...

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not so sure about that since he's having a hard time getting his new stadium. Like, very little progress being made, taxpayers and most politicians not willing to give taxpayer money, the narrative on the team and the lack of hometown fans at the games has an impact on the stadium stuff imo. Which is what he cares about the most right now. 

even if you're opinion we're true, the original point stands, his revenue comes mostly from the TV contract.  there is no requirement to put a better product on the field in order to keep receiving the check(s?) from the tv networks that represents 1/32 of the shared revenue from that contract.

IIRC Jay conceded in the playoff game vs Green Bay.

There have been many times he taps out, including kicking away at the end of games. 

Usually its less obvious, just running out the clock on ourselves while losing big. And we often hear announcers say "they need to get moving" with 8 minutes left, down 3 scores type of situations. Refusing to go hurry up even if it means requiring converting the now near impossible onsides.

6 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

But he's there answering all of the questions knowing that he's getting fired.

Meanwhile the one who should really be answering the questions for 20 years of buffoonery sneaks out to the parking lot to get him some Crown Royal in solitude.

And? The one I'm speaking about is bum. The one you're talking about is a bum. Lining em up would be even better. A triple decker **** slap would be in order for sure. Slap the crown royal clean out their ****ing mouth before they can spit another excuse about why they are perennial losers.

Archived