Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is There a Tipping Point for China and Human Rights Violations???

Renegade7

Is there a point where the International Community has to get more involved such as Sanctions or even War with China over Human Rights Violations???  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a point where the International Community has to get more involved such as Sanctions or even War with China over Human Rights Violations???

• War and Sanctions should be on the table in regards to human rights violations
    • Sanctions, but war won't be worth it over human rights violations
    • I don't support war or sanctions on China over human rights violations
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • It doesn't matter, we wouldn't win anyway

6 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

You’ve also criticized China, but by first paraphrasing how bad the US is just as much. 

Just like you can’t bring yourself to criticize LeBron without making poor attempts at making him a victim of mean ol white men of corporate America

Again, I don’t see the world as there are only good guys and bad guys.  (Also my Post was more angry at Fulan Gong, which is a cult that received funding from the US government and have paid for pro-Trump ads)

I am skeptical of everything Fulan Gong says knowing that.

But China has been doing bad things for many years and the US still does business with them. That and the US has its own issue with human right abuse. The world isn’t black and white, there aren’t any good actors in this world. That was the point I’m making.

And if you want to read me saying LeBron only steps out an make statements when it won’t affect his money as painting LeBron a victim, then I can’t take you serious in this convo.

17 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Again, I don’t see the world as there are only good guys and bad guys.  (Also my Post was more angry at Fulan Gong, which is a cult that received funding from the US government and have paid for pro-Trump ads)

I am skeptical of everything Fulan Gong says knowing that.

But China has been doing bad things for many years and the US still does business with them. That and the US has its own issue with human right abuse. The world isn’t black and white, there aren’t any good actors in this world. That was the point I’m making.

My god this post is a loaded steam of ****ing ****, down to you repeating the communist propaganda of the Falun Gong being a cult. For someone who pretends to be such a social justice warrior, perhaps you should know that the communists started detaining, murdering and harvesting the organs of Falun Gong practitioners after falsely smearing them as as a “dangerous cult”.

Having had first hand experience of what life is like for people fleeing Chinese persecution, I am going to fill you in on a secret. 

Groups like the Falun Gong and the Uyghurs end up supporting Republicans precisely because leftists like you are so inherently incapable of understanding that while the US has its warts, things are much, much worse in other parts of the world. It also doesn’t help that many of you end up repeating the bull**** talking points of genocidal regimes.

Anyone fleeing communist persecution in the US has no time for people like you who have a completely warped understanding of freedom and human rights. So naturally they gravitate towards people who will listen to them and perhaps try to do something about it. 

The biggest joke in this thread is your whining that people lack nuance, followed by your repeated whataboutism and what now seems like talking points straight from the mouth of CCP thugs. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Thanks 3

Recently received news from a friend whose grandfather had been jailed in these camps. Just three years ago, his grandfather was able to travel to the US and visit his family here. He was taken into detention last year and released from one of these camps a few months ago. Upon release had lost his ability to speak and we just learned that he recently passed away, a few weeks before the birth of my friends daughter. He never had a chance to see his first grandchild born.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

^^^  I know that place!!  Its where all the hookers are.

A friend of mine used to live in Taiwan. He talked about one street in Taipei where at the beginning of the street there were a bunch of stores selling aphrodisiacs, the next block was massage parlors, then brothels, and finally at the end of the street.... STD clinics.

• Haha 1

Eventually we are going to have to go to war with these people or else these camps and practices will spread. That's how cancer works. If you don't deal with it, it will escalate and germinate. 

Tears stream down Sauytbay’s face when she tells the grimmest story from her time in the camp. “One day, the police told us they were going to check to see whether our reeducation was succeeding, whether we were developing properly. They took 200 inmates outside, men and women, and told one of the women to confess her sins. She stood before us and declared that she had been a bad person, but now that she had learned Chinese she had become a better person. When she was done speaking, the policemen ordered her to disrobe and simply raped her one after the other, in front of everyone. While they were raping her they checked to see how we were reacting. People who turned their head or closed their eyes, and those who looked angry or shocked, were taken away and we never saw them again. It was awful. I will never forget the feeling of helplessness, of not being able to help her. After that happened, it was hard for me to sleep at night.”

Somewhere in China, this is happening to people right now. And no one is doing anything at all to stop it.

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JCB said:

Expecting @greaterbuzzette response in 3, 2, 1 . . . 

Oh she knows all my stories.  I was very up front when we were dating and it was getting serious.  Figured just be up front instead of risking something coming out later.

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

Eventually we are going to have to go to war with these people or else these camps and practices will spread. That's how cancer works. If you don't deal with it, it will escalate and germinate. 

Somewhere in China, this is happening to people right now. And no one is doing anything at all to stop it.

That fact that THIS isn't the leading story on every media organization says a lot about the state of society.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Infuriating and depressing.  I used to read a lot of accounts similar to that from Syria (where the government would send soldiers or militias into a town and gang rape people's daughters and wives in front of their families to show they were in control) as well and I think I've read some from Burma and some African countries, so I'm guessing it's a lot more common/widespread than we'd like to think.  

• Sad 1

Yea this world is brutal. It rips my heart apart on a daily basis and laughs at me for being too broken and powerless to do much of anything about it. 

Only way to win against that is to take it with eyes open and not give up my heart and my care. To fight locally and build what better things I can. We just need more people to do the same so the machine of all of us put together is a match for the machines built by greed, avarice, and takers. 

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

China's incel problem is pretty serious. The one child policy led to parents disproportionately choosing to have boys. A lot of those boys are now grown up and can't find women to date or marry in their own age group.

Part of their repression in Xinjiang is sending Chinese men to live in Uyghur homes. The men of the households have been sent to concentration camps and the women have to live with mainland Chinese men, complete strangers, in their homes.

Edited by No Excuses

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think now is as good a time as ever to put sanctions on China to try and economically isolate them.

Enough is enough, they are obviously lying about how many people are dying and gave no one a chance to get a hold on this early because of refusing to be honest about it.

I can't think of one good reason to go back to business as usual, at least have the conversation about critical manufacturing being there in case we have another global disaster so we don't need them for it.

Edited by Renegade7

Man. I don’t know what to say. I agree with you about them hiding the facts. I don’t think they did it out of malice though. 

I think the Chinese are mostly proud. I’m sure they thought they had it under control. Like SARS and the pandemic is of the past.

My suggestion is work with them, don’t provoke them....

• 1 month later...