Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tank for Tua

Timberob

Call it tanking or rebuild, it's maybe not 100% intentional but losing most of the games it is at least expected to a certain degree. And honestly, we should do it too. Trade away Trent and Norman (if you get something for him). If Jordan Reed retires that will free up more cap space. When is the last time any of those players has done something for us? Yet we pay them double digit millions every year...Sure, Trent has mostly played great when he was on the field, but he doesn't want to be here, is often injured and was suspended a couple of times already. Just for once let go of assets that don't yield anything. That obviously includes Bruce Allen...

Acquire draft picks through the trades and then invest draft capital and the saved cap space in O-line, secondary help and a tight end. We have way too much cap space tied up in people not even playing. Alex Smith was unfortunate but the trade itself was just dumb to begin with. Let Kyle Smith take over and let's see what he can do. Maybe it doesn't work but I don't want to see another season of mediocracy at best an that's the best you'll get with the current approach.

On 9/22/2019 at 6:00 PM, BleedBNG said:

Well, their getting in position for 2 of the most sought after QB's from college since the SB era seemed mighty convenient. I guess you could say they were conveniently sucky at the right times. :rolleyes:

Google San Antonio Spurs.  It happens, not sure why this is so difficult to understand.  And let's not forget there was great debate with regarding to Manning or Leaf so it was never a slam dunk that Manning was even the guy.  

On 9/20/2019 at 9:29 PM, BleedBNG said:

Ask Indy how tanking turned out.

Theyve had more 11 win seasons and made the playoffs almost more times with luck in 7 years then us in 28....ill take that anyday 

18 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

But Bruce said "we're close"

Remember when vinny said we had a playoff roster

On 9/20/2019 at 6:07 AM, benskins26 said:

We’ll never finish below Miami. They’re historically bad. 

And we’ll never blow it up under this regime. As long as Bruce is here it’ll always be 1 year retools

I don't know man -- I know the Dolphins are "historically" bad, but after last night I think this Skins team has a chance to be right there.  They are definitely worse than last year,..and by a good margin.  

At this point I'm kinda rooting for more embarrassment so that maybe Dan finally fires Bruce.  It's inevitable Jay is gone,....hell, I think he's trying to get fired.  Just my opinion.

18 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

But Bruce said "we're close"

Ha,...well, at least Bruce has a good sense of humor?

3 hours ago, Probos said:

I don't know man -- I know the Dolphins are "historically" bad, but after last night I think this Skins team has a chance to be right there.  They are definitely worse than last year,..and by a good margin.  

Miami out played Dallas pretty soundly in the first half last week, we are more of a threat to their suck than they could have possibly imagined. Bruce unleashed v legitimate tanking is a heck of a race to the bottom.

38 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Miami out played Dallas pretty soundly in the first half last week, we are more of a threat to their suck than they could have possibly imagined. Bruce unleashed v legitimate tanking is a heck of a race to the bottom.

The difference is Miami is intentionally tanking and the Skins are not.  

Whats more embarrassing than a tanking team?  The 2019 Redskins.  The skins will do enough to end up with a pick around #5 IMO.  Even if everyone is eventually fired who will want to come to the Skins to coach?  Coaches take lateral moves to get out of here.  Players take less to play elsewhere.  This team needs an incredible amount of luck to get out of the basement its been in. 

50 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

The difference is Miami is intentionally tanking and the Skins are not.  

Whats more embarrassing than a tanking team?  The 2019 Redskins.  The skins will do enough to end up with a pick around #5 IMO.  Even if everyone is eventually fired who will want to come to the Skins to coach?  Coaches take lateral moves to get out of here.  Players take less to play elsewhere.  This team needs an incredible amount of luck to get out of the basement its been in. 

Their inability to replace Manusky this past off season with any of their top candidates is really telling.  The word is finally out that Washington is the place where careers die. 

On 9/24/2019 at 5:24 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

Google San Antonio Spurs.  It happens, not sure why this is so difficult to understand.  And let's not forget there was great debate with regarding to Manning or Leaf so it was never a slam dunk that Manning was even the guy.  

OK, tank or not, whatever. But I would like to know the reason for the thread title. If we were to pick Tua, do we look for a trade or first round draft pick for Haskins?

45 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

We could well play out a 0-0 tie with the Dolphins as they refuse to score and we are so inept we don't.

Maybe an intentional safety from them gives us a 2-0 win.

we can get our own safeties... intentional or not. maybe we can lose 4-2?

On 9/23/2019 at 7:21 AM, Panninho said:

Call it tanking or rebuild, it's maybe not 100% intentional but losing most of the games it is at least expected to a certain degree. And honestly, we should do it too. 

Acquire draft picks through the trades and then invest draft capital and the saved cap space in O-line, secondary help and a tight end. 

AB5C16E5-1028-4E30-8A6B-8707910B536A.gif

On 9/23/2019 at 7:29 AM, redskinss said:

We wont tank, we'll start winning some games when there's a jim carey in dumb and dumber chance of the playoffs and end up with the 13th pick in the draft, and just enough success to keep almost everything intact for a fresh rinse and repeat next year.

D196F76E-0B3F-4928-86BD-E1278B913B1A.gif

On 9/24/2019 at 6:40 AM, Alexa said:

Who would trade for Reed, Norman and Kerrigan? 

Someone trying to tank for Tua?

Archived