Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tony Wylie leaving Redskins for Special Olympics

CapsSkins

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The team will move and of course that name will change.

Redskins are a dead man walking. Lucky to even remain in the US.

Hmm, wonder if Dan is trying to move the team?  Maybe to St Louis?  I wouldn't put it past him.   Something just seems really fishy.

1 hour ago, ThomasRoane said:

Hmm, wonder if Dan is trying to move the team?  Maybe to St Louis?  I wouldn't put it past him.   Something just seems really fishy.

I've been saying it for a while. The "redskins" are done. I'm thinking bigger than St Louis though. I think major major market, like London or more likely, Mexico. 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

The team will move and of course that name will change.

Redskins are a dead man walking. Lucky to even remain in the US.

I'd be surprised if Dan would angle to move considered he grew up in the DMV as a Redskins fan and back when he was actually would speak he'd talk about how he does this in part as a tribute to his dad who is a lifelong Redskins fan -- drives to his dad's grave before every game, etc.

I think Dan is an incompetent buffoon so this is no plug for the dude but moving the team would surprise me.  Having said that, I expect their stadium quest to go as badly as everything else they undertake and if and when that happens I wonder if that spurs a move or at least the threat of a move.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd be surprised if Dan would angle to move considered he grew up in the DMV as a Redskins fan and back when he was actually would speak he'd talk about how he does this in part as a tribute to his dad who is a lifelong Redskins fan -- drives to his dad's grave before every game, etc.

I think Dan is an incompetent buffoon so this is no plug for the dude but moving the team would surprise me.  Having said that, I expect their stadium quest to go as badly as everything else they undertake and if and when that happens I wonder if that spurs a move or at least the threat of a move.

It's over. That's my guess. Name has to change soon. Location is not a football location. There are no new fans and no market. Hes not getting a new stadium locally. It's done. Maybe he sells as the team moves. Idk. All I know is that there is no present, let alone future for the franchise.

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's over. That's my guess. Name has to change soon. Location is not a football location. There are no new fans and no market. Hes not getting a new stadium locally. It's done. Maybe he sells as the team moves. Idk. All I know is that there is no present, let alone future for the franchise.

The location could draw when they were good.  I became a Redskins fan when I lived in NJ.  Long story.  But when I moved to DC years ago to go to grad school, I was stunned to see how football crazy that area was compared to other places I lived in, and I moved around some.  

In the WP articles about the demise of the organization there were mentions that this is an important market for the league.  It's one of the biggest media markets in the nation.  And it was mentioned that it's an important place to have a franchise because of the area being the nation's political center.

I think if Dan struggles to get a stadium, the league might kick in and try to help.  If I recall that happened with another team struggling with it.  It doesn't mean they secure a stadium but I trust any help would be an improvement over Bruce leading the charge. 

Don't get me wrong I agree with your point that they are at an all time low as for the brand and the perception of this franchise.  And maybe there is no coming back.  i don't know.  But I disagree that the DMV isn't a football location.  This fan base has been beaten down for over 20 years, it had to take a toll at some point.  The sad irony is the one thing that would save this franchise is Dan selling the team.  But would the league ever have the balls to push it?  I used to think, not.  But if the malaise continues and its true that Dan's fellow owners don't like or respect him -- then maybe?  Though I admit it's a long shot -- we'd have to hope for a scandal or some type of excuse like that to give them a reason. 

29 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Totally agree, Dan and Bruce have effectively killed off the loval fans. Never thought it would be possible, but here we are.

10 minutes ago, dyst said:

Do people support the Washington DC football team or the name “Redskins”.

Who cares if the name changes (as long as its not stupid like Wizards). 

Also, call it the Skins. 

Not to get too political but a large portion of the states wants those Brown north Americans in camps if they come to the middle. I think crayola called it "brick red" :ols:

57 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The location could draw when they were good.  I became a Redskins fan when I lived in NJ.  Long story.  But when I moved to DC years ago to go to grad school, I was stunned to see how football crazy that area was compared to other places I lived in, and I moved around some.  

In the WP articles about the demise of the organization there were mentions that this is an important market for the league.  It's one of the biggest media markets in the nation.  And it was mentioned that it's an important place to have a franchise because of the area being the nation's political center.

I think if Dan struggles to get a stadium, the league might kick in and try to help.  If I recall that happened with another team struggling with it.  It doesn't mean they secure a stadium but I trust any help would be an improvement over Bruce leading the charge. 

Don't get me wrong I agree with your point that they are at an all time low as for the brand and the perception of this franchise.  And maybe there is no coming back.  i don't know.  But I disagree that the DMV isn't a football location.  This fan base has been beaten down for over 20 years, it had to take a toll at some point.  The sad irony is the one thing that would save this franchise is Dan selling the team.  But would the league ever have the balls to push it?  I used to think, not.  But if the malaise continues and its true that Dan's fellow owners don't like or respect him -- then maybe?  Though I admit it's a long shot -- we'd have to hope for a scandal or some type of excuse like that to give them a reason. 

DMV? Delaware might as well be eagles fans, cause it's a mini philly city. Maryland?  Yeah, Baltimore. V is virgina that's been split between eagles. Steelers, Panthers. Ravens and no decent watchable team in their state. 

DC doesn't support a bad team. That's for dumps like Cleveland and buffalo. Theres nothing left but martyrs .

Redskins aren't moving.   Way too much history and NFC East rivalries. 

I'd be extremely surprised if Snyder sells the team.   Sports franchises, as a rule almost never get sold except in few cases of death of original owner, financial struggles, or (recently) the owners committing socially unacceptable offenses .  Unless you're Robert Kraft I guess.

Maybe there's some photographs of Snyder in blackface floating around somewhere?

2 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Lol dmv is a bad market. DC is located at the bottom of the biggest metropolitan area in the US. Yall must be high. 

The team sucking for over 20 years is the only reason for poor viewership and sales. 

Our fanbase is going away, I have 3 nephews and none of them like the Redskins. It's going to be very difficult to build our core base back. 

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Our fanbase is going away, I have 3 nephews and none of them like the Redskins. It's going to be very difficult to build our core base back. 

One dominant season will bring fans back. String a few together in a row and the redskins fan base will explode. 

remember rg3? People were gravitating to that team and it would have continued had he not been injured. 

People generally like to root for winners. The vast majority are not diehard fans. 

4 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Skins fans should tell Tony to not let the door hit him on his way out.

Fans don't know a damn thing about Tony.  He is a good dude.  I congratulate him and wish him good luck.  

This fan base is sheepish more than anything

Being here for 9 years, I find it odd the only time I can remember him doing anything, was chasing away reporters on the field after the game.  He missed his calling as a bouncer or a security guard - his true passion was on display.  His behavior was certainly not becoming of a senior VP of PR.

I wish we could easily chart the teams worth, or PR image during his tenure. Tank city.  I read he was a good dude off the field. Too bad that isn't what we judge him on since are here to discuss a business operation. If you sat down with any poster here and had a chat you would say they were a good dude/dudette, too.  As long as we kept our screen names private.

Look at the passion. Be sure to checkout his career high low lights here

Tony-Wyllie-Colt-McCoy-wide.jpeg

11 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

DMV? Delaware might as well be eagles fans, cause it's a mini philly city. Maryland?  Yeah, Baltimore. V is virgina that's been split between eagles. Steelers, Panthers. Ravens and no decent watchable team in their state. 

DC doesn't support a bad team. That's for dumps like Cleveland and buffalo. Theres nothing left but martyrs .

I am assuming you know the D in DMV isn't for Delaware?   But if not its cool, it isn't.

DC not supporting a bad team, I agree.  That's part of my point.  My point is it can and has supported a good team and in a big way.  

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am assuming you know the D in DMV isn't for Delaware?   But if not its cool, it isn't.

DC not supporting a bad team, I agree.  That's part of my point.  My point is it can and has supported a good team and in a big way.  

I totally thought that's what it meant. My point still stands though. Yes, I think if the team was consistently good, it wouldn't be as bad, but it's just not a great football market anymore. 

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I totally thought that's what it meant. My point still stands though. Yes, I think if the team was consistently good, it wouldn't be as bad, but it's just not a great football market anymore. 

OK, no problem.  The D is for District of Columbia.   My point still stands too which is the area can support a good team, heck even a mediocre or worse team (that's proven as well) but not a mediocre team for perpetuity with no end in sight.   At least the Browns and Bills for example have had change of ownership and GMs.

I think if we had a change of ownership and GMs likewise the feeling would be different.  The feeling of despair IMO is largely driven by you are stuck with the same TV show with no end in sight.  Redskins fans previously bought into coaches changes and would get excited by that.   But a laughingstock owner and GM year after year after year, I think would wear down many fan bases.   And the owner is still young.  What organization has had apples to apples that same issue?  Sadly, it's just been here unless am missing a team?

Archived