Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Daniel Jones era begins

Idaho fan

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

Jones looked good to me, the only question is how far is he from his ceiling but you have to be impressed by his first start.

I can see why Jay liked him.

Here is a quote from a coach, “Every coach likes jones, every gm loves Kyler.”

Coaches like the guy who will run their plan smoothly, GMs want the guy who transcends.

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

Here is a quote from a coach, “Every coach likes jones, every gm loves Kyler.”

Coaches like the guy who will run their plan smoothly, GMs want the guy who transcends.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

Jones looked good to me, the only question is how far is he from his ceiling but you have to be impressed by his first start.

I can see why Jay liked him.

Jay liking him is a rumor but we don't know if that's true.  Jones is more pro ready than Haskins IMO so in a win now season -- I can see why Jones would be the guy.

I wasn't enamored with what I saw today.   i thought he was good but not great.    He was a dink and dunk QB in college.  The one thing I'll give him about what I've seen in preseason and his first game today -- the dude's accuracy with the dink and dunk stuff while looked good in college thus far looks absurdly good in the pros.  

I thought Haskins looked good in the preseason.  But he looked sketchy to me in camp at times especially with throws in the flat.  Jones can make those throws in the flat in his sleep.  In college, he struggled throwing the ball 10 yards plus and also with turnovers (he fumbled more than any other draft eligible QB from what I recall).  I didn't see that fixed today at all.  He had some nice deep throws but also some poor throws in the mix.  And he fumbled.  He fumbled in the preseason, too.

Tampa's defense looked comically bad.  I hope our defense can put up a better fight than that.  Tampa sold out at times to stop the run.  With Barkley out, we don't have to do that. 

I'm starting to worry that the Skins will let "Danny Dimes" become a legend this week.  Please understand, if Jones dominates next week, it sets off the trigger for the legend of 3LI.  The Pats seem unstoppable.  Their defense has had something like 7 INTs and 0 passing TDs allowed.  Think about that.  Eli will defeat the Pats in the Super Bowl, if the Giants turn the season around next week.  3LI is on the Redskins hands if that happens.  You think it can't, until it does.

Jones looked fine.  He was able to take what the defense gave him against a bad defense mind you, however, to act like he was out there dropping dimes and showing any kind of flashes of being the next big thing is ridiculous. The couple times the pass rush got close to him he underthrew the football and was picked.  

I went to the game -- kill me -- and thought he was really up and down. The Skins dropped a third pick against him and we all know how bad the Skins D is. 

But I like how he carries himself. The game is clearly not to big for him.

Also, they stop selling beer after halftime at Met-Life, which was especially cruel on Sunday.

8 hours ago, Hooper said:

I went to the game -- kill me -- and thought he was really up and down. The Skins dropped a third pick against him and we all know how bad the Skins D is. 

But I like how he carries himself. The game is clearly not to big for him.

Also, they stop selling beer after halftime at Met-Life, which was especially cruel on Sunday.

I was there too.  What was cruel are the $11 cheese burgers.  Cold and disgusting which as it turned out had a lot in common with the Redskins.  

I thought Danny looked ok.  Still to early to tell how good he will be.  Some tape and a quality defense will likely make home look silly.  I did recall thinking he looked a little scrawny right before he broke a couple tackles on a run.  

Archived