Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey for TW straight up?

CowboyKillerz

I cant be the only one kicking around the notion... Tdub is checked the F out, and not missed so much on that side of the line. Jags need a probowl T, and we need help at corner.

The dream-

Norman looks MUCH better with an actual cb1 covering the wr1- and that helps the Dline- and that helps the D actually help the O... And now we dont suck?! Yay!

We already have waaay to much money tied up in Norman and Collins- but still, we are playing a 58 year old as a starter opposite of Norman and expecting to not get torched?

Give me Ramsey, JNo, and TPC and I think a LOT of our woes dissapear! BOM!!!

Money. Outspoken. Real life. All good points as to why not... But how bout why ya?

Feel free to move if in the wrong subforum... 

HTTR

Not sure if they'll take a straight up 1 for 1 trade lake that, especially given Trent's age. We'd probably have to throw in AT LEAST a 2nd, which we don't have, or a 1st, which we cannot afford to do.

Even though I'd like Ramsey on this team and he can definitely help this atrocious secondary, I don't know if we can make it work without shooting ourselves in terms of draft capital.

There's absolutely no use in bringing in top flight talent if the coaches aren't going to use those guys in a way that fully utilizes that talent. Too many times, we've drafted or picked up a guy in FA, only to ask him to do things that were counter to the reasons why he was a coveted player. We can't get out of our own way. 

1 hour ago, skinzplay said:

There's absolutely no use in bringing in top flight talent if the coaches aren't going to use those guys in a way that fully utilizes that talent. Too many times, we've drafted or picked up a guy in FA, only to ask him to do things that were counter to the reasons why he was a coveted player. We can't get out of our own way. 

We are the kings of this. Acquiring a big time expensive player, then playing them out of the position that made them who they were, only for them to never repeat their former successes. Shocker. 

5 hours ago, CowboyKillerz said:

I cant be the only one kicking around the notion... Tdub is checked the F out, and not missed so much on that side of the line. Jags need a probowl T, and we need help at corner.

The dream-

Norman looks MUCH better with an actual cb1 covering the wr1- and that helps the Dline- and that helps the D actually help the O... And now we dont suck?! Yay!

We already have waaay to much money tied up in Norman and Collins- but still, we are playing a 58 year old as a starter opposite of Norman and expecting to not get torched?

Give me Ramsey, JNo, and TPC and I think a LOT of our woes dissapear! BOM!!!

Money. Outspoken. Real life. All good points as to why not... But how bout why ya?

Feel free to move if in the wrong subforum... 

HTTR

The only team that will give away an All-Pro Corner for a Tackle who hardly finishes the season are the Skins.

Unfortunately, the Skins are on the opposite side of the deal. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This isnt Madden. This trade makes sense if it's 2012-2015. Ramsey is an All Pro CB. Trent, while still good, is  an aging, increasingly worn down, past his prime LT. Anyone on the Jags who did that deal would be summarily executed

Not 100% coming at you, but it’s funny, the “this isn’t Madden” statements aren’t as relevant these days, due to teams operating more like “Madden” players lol.

Your thoughts on Williams are subjective. Williams still grades out as an elite LT and has experienced no serious significant lower body injuries. Big guys (Olineman) that move like Williams have a much longer shelf life than others. Think Jason Peters. 

You may be right though, the Jags May value draft compensation over a player entering most likely his final contract window. Maybe if they would’ve pulled out the win last week a greater motivation to make a trade for Williams would be present. 

Why would the Jags want to make that trade? Foles is done until at least mid November, and by that time it's likely they aren't even in it any longer.

Why would the Skins want to make that trade? A splash maybe.  But I can't wrap my head around why fans would want it.  The dude is a certified pain in the ass, what makes you think he'd come here and fall in line?  Beyond that, he wants to be the highest paid corner in the league.  Just no.

4 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

Honestly, I don't know why we're even talking about this. There is zero chance he goes anywhere but NE, and it'll be an incredibly one-sided deal. a 4th or something like that. And he'll get in line. And the Pats will go undefeated. 

1C02AA62-6AD1-4877-A0E2-86CD4166359F.gif

20 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Not 100% coming at you, but it’s funny, the “this isn’t Madden” statements aren’t as relevant these days, due to teams operating more like “Madden” players lol.

Maybe in terms of boldness, buy not in terms of lopsided trades. Deals like these get people fired, especially tor a team like Jacksonville, who isn't really going anywhere this year, and is letting their best player go, for one at a different stage of his career

Your thoughts on Williams are subjective. Williams still grades out as an elite LT and has experienced no serious significant lower body injuries.

I'm ok with giving you the "Still elite" tag, though Im not sure I agree (but would have to spend time going over whatever criteria you used to make that assessment in order to make a counterargument).

But,  it's a testament probably to Williams toughness, all that he's played through recently, being able to stay on the field l, enduring various injuries, and I absolutely believe those take a toll, season ending (you didnt use that term, but I'll assume thats what you meant) or not.

I agree with the rest though, the only way a trade like this makes sense is if its something like Bailey-Portis, and even then, a draft pick was still involved.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I agree with the rest though, the only way a trade like this makes sense is if its something like Bailey-Portis, and even then, a draft pick was still involved.

The team getting the far better player, who wasn’t going to resign, got the draft pick, though. 

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I said in the TW thread when it came across the wire I'd do it in a heartbeat BUT the Mincah Fitz trade was for a 1st and 3rd 2020 then 6th 2021 from Pittsburgh.  

It's never gonna happen.

Fitz is younger, cheaper, & more versatile. 

Archived