Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

26 minutes ago, purbeast said:

That was easy, the second they said they hadn't got Richmond to agree to pay for the part Sweatervest agreed to yet, it was DOA.

Embarrassing to even have that press conference, waste of time.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

• ixcuincle changed the title to 2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread
1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Leonsis and Youngkin ****ed up on how they set this up. Youngkin going out and saying they people he needs badly to vote for this "Don't want a strong American" was quite the move. Not going to get more into politics here beyond that. But these two guys didn't do it right. Maybe they can salvage.

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Like 1

Oh, the Capitals thread has been bumped.  It's only 7:20.  Maybe Ovechkin scored!
*checks score*
sigh.  Well I guess GMBM did say that that the next few games would decide if we're buyers or sellers.  What young NHL-ready talents do you think we can grab this time while selling?  Sandin was a pretty solid pickup last deadline.

3 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Well I guess GMBM did say that that the next few games would decide if we're buyers or sellers.  

I'm proud of how this team showed up over the past week.  Playing arguably the 4 best teams in hockey, I think most of us assumed we'd get blown out of the water.  Instead, we won one, we went to OT in another, and we were right in the other two up until the end.

That being said, if GMBM is delusional enough to think we should be buyers at the deadline based on a small sample of games, he should be fired on the spot before he pulls a Forsberg for Erat deal version 2.0.  Unreal that he can't see the writing on the wall that after 15 mostly great seasons, the core of this team is well past its expiration date, and it's time to rebuild.  Unless ownership is forcing his hand, which is entirely possible.

13 minutes ago, capcrunch98 said:

I'm proud of how this team showed up over the past week.  Playing arguably the 4 best teams in hockey, I think most of us assumed we'd get blown out of the water.  Instead, we won one, we went to OT in another, and we were right in the other two up until the end.

That being said, if GMBM is delusional enough to think we should be buyers at the deadline based on a small sample of games, he should be fired on the spot before he pulls a Forsberg for Erat deal version 2.0.  Unreal that he can't see the writing on the wall that after 15 mostly great seasons, the core of this team is well past its expiration date, and it's time to rebuild.  Unless ownership is forcing his hand, which is entirely possible.

It's also worth taking public statements with a grain of salt.  You think the players want to hear him give up on them?

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

I was at the game but I had like 7 beers so I slep through the first two periods lol

Was shocked to see it 3-3, remember very little

Do not drink

I don't think it was ever 3-3 so you probably don't remember anything. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

It's also worth taking public statements with a grain of salt.  You think the players want to hear him give up on them?

Very true, but previous statements and actions by GMBM and ownership make me believe they really would do something short-sighted like buy at the deadline and try to squeeze one more drop out of this dried up lemon of a team, all in the hopes of sneaking into the last wildcard spot so they can get crushed in the 1st round by a superior team (I know upsets happen all the time in the NHL playoffs, but this is the Caps).

17 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I was at the game but I had like 7 beers so I slep through the first two periods lol

Was shocked to see it 3-3, remember very little

Do not drink

7 beers at Capital One Arena???  That's an expensive buzz.  You must be walking around with no shirt right now and a tin cup in your hand begging for food and rent money.