Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

I think Oshie flopped just a tad...

Wow, good win. 

Definitely a little but even if he didn't, Hamilton threw a punch to the back of the head. Penalty either way. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Since I live in Raleigh, I'm happy the Canes are a good team again. It's good for hockey down here in general and it ensures the team stays in Raleigh. 

Lord knows we can't keep an NHL team here in ATL for some stupid reason. 🙄

I'm happy to support our local ECHL Gladiators, tho...even tho our same seats/section went from $13 to 20 this season. 🤨

15 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Snuck out of there with those 2.. Good grief can we stop taking dumb penalties. Looking for Sammy on Sunday! 

Definitely need to clean the penalties up, the Capitals are 3rd penalized team in the league , 

Of course they are probably held to a higher standard than other teams 

52 minutes ago, c slag said:

Somehow stop Evander Kane, he has a natural hatty in the second period 3-1

Vrana gets one goal back ,rang one off the post in the first period, he's played well so far 

The second Kane goal was on Vrana. Forwards shouldn’t be coasting when it’s a 2 on 2. If he skates with any speed he easy back checks Kane after  the drop pass. It’s super lazy defense. Holtby has had no chance in any of these goals. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1

i didn't get the game today even though I figured a 12:30 Sunday start would mean NBC. But it did not. Anyway, I see they are down 4-3 and they had just scored to make it 4-3. I figured they would lose because no one scores 2 goals with the goalie pulled. I check later and see they came back an won. Just unbelievable the way this team finds ways to win. 

I was watching the wildcard game earlier and kinda going back/forth with the Caps game.  But when it was the end of the caps game I was watching that.  When the Sharks went up 4-2 I changed it back.  Then like 2 minutes later I got a text from a buddy saying "you watching the Caps game?" and I was like "I was but turned it off after they lost" and he was like "they just tied it up with 14 seconds left" and I thought hew as messing with me.

Thankfully it was on the DVR so I could change the channel and catch it.  Then saw OT and the W.

Wow unreal.