Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guice Injury and Med staff

jbird2

4 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

I think this is a major contributing factor to the flops and problems.  Guice had an injury history in college and so did Robert Griffin, others as well.  It's like they look for the discounted players in the college injury bin looking for overlooked bargains when drafting.

I'm tired of seeing post like this. Guice and a hyper extended leg in 2017. That was his only injury. I don't consider that a reason why the Skins shouldn't have drafted him. 

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I'm tired of seeing post like this. Guice and a hyper extended leg in 2017. That was his only injury. I don't consider that a reason why the Skins shouldn't have drafted him. 

Washington passed on him in the first & 2nd, they didn’t exactly target Guice. 

7 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Washington passed on him in the first & 2nd, they didn’t exactly target Guice. 

I've already posted 6 links to why he slipped. It had nothing to do with injury. Also just because we didn't draft him with our 1st 2 picks means nothing. They might have liked other players more and thought those players filled a bigger need at the time. Let's not act like anyone knows what this front office is thinking from year to year.

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

OMG dude I've already posted 6 links to why he slipped. It had nothing to do with injury. Also just because we didn't draft him with our 1st 2 picks means nothing. They might have liked other players more and thought those players filled a bigger need at the time. 

You may need to take a moment to gather yourself emotionally; that post was ridiculous.

Yes, it is all the medical teams fault.  So please, give up following the skins and find another team where injuries never happen.  omg, our fan-base drives me crazy and I've been a fan since the 70's.  I'm getting more negative over time and it pains me.  These clowns belong with the WP.

Just now, owa said:

Yes, it is all the medical teams fault.  So please, give up following the skins and find another team where injuries never happen.  omg, our fan-base drives me crazy and I've been a fan since the 70's.  I'm getting more negative over time and it pains me.  These clowns belong with the WP.

Wouldn't it be easier for you to find a forum where people didn’t vent their frustrations? 

Just now, volsmet said:

You may need to take a moment to gather yourself emotionally; that post was ridiculous.

What was ridiculous about it. The fact that people keep saying the Sklns should have passed on him, because of injury concerns. That is completely false and not one team passed on him because of injury concern. At least it wasn't ever reported as that. He had a hyper extended knee in college and that is it. Again no one passed on him for that. They were concerned about his character.  

Can we get a name for the "doctor" than cleared Guice to go back in.  Bah whatever they work for the NFL.  Neverending Fix'emup League...

CT said he was injured before the game so if true the doctors foolishly cleared him twice.  They probably saw it was the "good" knee and conveniently overlooked the obvious, that his good knee is going to take a heavier load.

I think it would be worthwhile for Bruce to look a little deeper. Maybe a head should roll and not just for PR purposes. A med  by the book they should all be largely interchangeable. Our league leading worst PR dept will be on full display on Sunday.....

What was ridiculous about it. The fact that people keep saying the Sklns should have passed on him, because of injury concerns. That is completely false and not one team passed on him because of injury concern. At least it wasn't ever reported as that. He had a hyper extended knee in college and that is it. Again no one passed on him for that. They were concerned about his character.  

Several things, notably - “omg dude”. The fact that you didn’t get the point I was making was not as concerning. I was in agreement with your overall point. 

I know why teams passed on Guice. I’d be shocked if you did as well, but, it’s possible. 

Just now, volsmet said:

Several things, notably - “omg dude”. The fact that you didn’t get the point I was making was not as concerning. I was in agreement with your overall point. 

I know why teams passed on Guice. I’d be shocked if you did as well, but, it’s possible. 

I already deleted that before you posted. I figured some might be sensitive with that. Even though it really isn't anything that bad. 

11 minutes ago, owa said:

Omg dude, did you see the refs calls?

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Like itll take a knee? :ols:

5 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I already deleted that before you posted. I figured some might be sensitive with that. Even though it really isn't anything that bad. 

I don’t mind it, it just displays an emotion from you that may have kept you from seeing what I was attempting to convey with more clarity; Conversational momentum has that impact on all of us at times.

My point was, we didn’t target an injured player when he fell to us, as others suggested. We displayed - fairly clearly - that we had him valued as a 2nd half of round 2 guy & we held firm to that evaluation. Many had him mocked in round 1, several had him graded *above Barkley. 

7 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I don’t mind it, it just displays an emotion from you that may have kept you from seeing what I was attempting to convey with more clarity; Conversational momentum has that impact on all of us at times.

My point was, we didn’t target an injured player when he fell to us, as others suggested. We displayed - fairly clearly - that we had him valued as a 2nd half of round 2 guy & we held firm to that evaluation. Many had him mocked in round 1, several had him graded about Barkley. 

My only emotion is arguing that teams didn't pass on him because of injury concerns. I misunderstood what you were saying is all. I'm just tired of some of the so called fans making up stories about what happened before and after draft day. I personally hate our front office. With that being said if the injuries keep up after this one. It's bad luck more than anything. Both for Guice and the franchise when it comes to Guice. You're a 100% right about the grades until the reports came out about meetings he had with teams. His character was the question, not his skill or injury in college. 

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

So is continuing to draft injured players and then being just omg shocked dude when they get injured, but hey, when the guy with an ass load of character concerns gets hurt and starts talking about karma, its funny.

See this guy is the perfect example. He has no clue and just post things. Also the character concerns were obviously false, because he has been great from the time we drafted him. He seems to have more character compared to someone like you. 

My only emotion is arguing that teams didn't pass on him because of injury concerns. I misunderstood what you were saying is all. I'm just tired of some of the so called fans making up stories about what happened before and after draft day. I personally hate our front office. With that being said if the injuries keep up after this one. It's bad luck more than anything. Both for Guice and the franchise when it comes to Guice. You're a 100% right about the grades until the reports came out about meetings he had with teams. His character was the question, not his skill or injury in college. 

Understood. Such things are unavoidable in forumville. 

57DF3831-9A8E-40A8-A0DE-672F3EEA0878.gif

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

See this guy is the perfect example. He has no clue and just post things. 

I've got enough of a clue to know you arent allowed to insult people. Theres only 2 rules. That's one. Your posts read like a "leave Brittney alone" meme. Thanks for cheering me up about sundays game. 

We lost to a division rival, on the back of a former player doing all he does, without our LT, TE, lost our RB we never had.

Our coaching, talent, medical staff, ownership, fan base, and a few other things are a little below average and we might fight to .500 if some other teams surprisingly suck.

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I've got enough of a clue to know you arent allowed to insult people. Theres only 2 rules. That's one. Your posts read like a "leave Brittney alone" meme. Thanks for cheering me up about sundays game. 

We lost to a division rival, on the back of a former player doing all he does, without our LT, TE, lost our RB we never had.

Our coaching, talent, medical staff, ownership, fan base, and a few other things are a little below average and we might fight to .500 if some other teams surprisingly suck.

You're making fun of a guys injury. Saying you don't have a clue isn't a insult. When you come in and post stuff and it's not true. Well it's pretty accurate. As for the the rest of the team and the coaching staff. I agree with you. This team is a clown show and we'll most likely lose on Sunday. 0-5 is a real possibility and that could've happened with Guice.  With that being said making fun of a gun that just hurt his other knee and is clearly hearing the negative nose from people that are suppose to be fans. Isn't very classy 

15 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

The fact that Guice even played week one in my opinion was just wrong. Have we learned nothing from the RGlll saga? Guice should've been PUP'd for the first 6 weeks and AP should've been declared the workhorse. Week 7, break out the Guice train and mix him in. The whole thing was botched and I know it is the other knee. My real concern is how they just declared Guice the workhorse and then deactivated AP altogether. First, you don't treat a HOF running back that way, especially the way he performed for us last year. He was a stud for us. Second, Give Guice time to show that he is clearly 100% healthy....then bring him in along with Haskins once the season is pretty much lost. It would've been the perfect plan. Let the vets, Case and AP start the season and see how far they can take us, then bring in the kids when they're ready.

Well, don't you remember Colt McCoy? If we ended up in the Paloffs last year we would have started Colt McCoy instead of Josh Johnson... Colt McCoy is still injured as of now, from the same injury that he contracted during last year...

This story should tells us a lot about what's going on.

8 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

I think this is a major contributing factor to the flops and problems.  Guice had an injury history in college and so did Robert Griffin, others as well.  It's like they look for the discounted players in the college injury bin looking for overlooked bargains when drafting.

Discounts always comes up as a price. But we always seem to look for this kind of guys, and we as fans always bites in...

5 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

My issue is he left the game to get his knee evaluated. There was clearly a problem if he thought he needed to get his knee looked at. So why in the hell did he go back in. That probably made things worse. If he comes out there and stays on the bench for the rest of the day. Does he only miss a couple weeks? That's my issue with this whole thing. I get that Guice probably said he was fine and could play, but at some point the medical staff needs to overrule him. Guice also said he felt fine last year after he tore his ACL. He's not a doctor and clearly knows nothing when he is hurt. That's where the medical staff failed if you ask me. 

To do it this way would have required for AP to be activated...

Have we had an unusually high number of injuries over the past three seasons? I don't think there's any denying that. Whether it's bad luck, the medical staff or the coaching staff, who knows. But the one thing nobody really mentions is the fact that it's a different NFL now than years ago. Obviously, there are season ending injuries that there's no way a player can come back from. However, there are also a lot of injuries that get nursed into 6-8 weeks or even season enders, because todays players are much more cautious with their injuries than years ago- especially if they're nearing a free agency situation.

A lot of these long term injuries are injuries that players years ago would've played with and that's a league wide deal, not just a Washington Redskins thing. The concussion rules alone keep a bunch of players out for weeks, where 10- 20 years ago guys were playing. I'm not at all saying I'm against the concussion rule or even guys babying somewhat minor injuries into weeks off the field, because after all, they have to look out for themselves and their families.

The bottom line is injuries are treated differently now and every team has their injury problems. But football is a next man up game and teams better have depth. As bad as our injury woes have been over the past several seasons, our depth issues have been just as bad. If you have depth and the guy stepping in plays well, your injuries go a lot less noticed.  

"How can you call somebody injury prone that has had one big injury. Do y'all know what injury prone means? That means somebody that has different injuries every other day and cannot do nothing. I had one big injury. So man ... kiss it."

Guice missed the 2018 season with an ACL injury, and his current hamstring issue happened during his rehabilitation. Selected in the second round of the 2018 Draft after a sensational career at LSU, this marks at least the third straight season where Guice is dealing with an injury. He had knee problems in college as well. 

Thanks Gruden for not splitting carries between him and AP, when you've got a guy who's coming back from ACL surgery and tweaked his hamstring during camp, you should be way more careful. “Well, I know he’s frustrated,” Gruden told reporters. “Any time you have something done, the procedure like that of that magnitude, you want to find the reason. You wish something maybe could have been done differently or different timing. But our doctors are very good. I know they did the best they can.”

8 hours ago, volsmet said:

My point was, we didn’t target an injured player when he fell to us, as others suggested. We displayed - fairly clearly - that we had him valued as a 2nd half of round 2 guy & we held firm to that evaluation. Many had him mocked in round 1, several had him graded *above Barkley. 

To be fair we reportedly targeted Kerryon Johnson...who I LOVE...and who had a way more extensive injury history.

But as I have said, football is tough. Most of these guys are getting banged up at some point. You have to take injury history into account, and weigh it against talent. I don't know what the answer is, but I doubt it is the med staff. Though with this franchise I guess it is easy to assume all aspects are lacking. Maybe it's the overall lack of talent. 

Seattle has had more injuries than us the last 4 years. They are, by most accounts, pretty forward thinking in most aspects, I would imagine that includes medical and strength and conditioning. 

More specific to Guice and being cleared to go back in...there are two things to understand. No matter how good the doctor is, they have to use the patients description of the injury as the basis of an initial diagnosis. Obviously Guice was acting like there was no issue right after the game, saying he went to the tent to use the restroom, so I wouldn't be surprised if he undersold it to the med staff. Second, a lot of these injuries are of the type where "you can't make it worse." We still don't know what the actual issue was. But meniscus is always a weird one. Hard to diagnose on the sideline. If you don't see a structural problem, and the guy is telling you he is fine, hard to say otherwise, ya know? And considering it was a just scope thing, I doubt he did make it worse by going back in. Doctors aren't psychics, they can't stop the original injury from happening.  

It is odd that they pulled Allen, and not Guice, and Allen's seems to be less serious. Maybe because he was more honest in his description of the injury. Who knows. 

Archived