Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Photography

LadySkinsFan

7 minutes ago, China said:

Why do they have the penguins in a desert habitat?

They're South American penguins (Magellanic) who inhabit the rocky shores of Southern Chile, Argentina, and all the way down to the Falkland Islands. The habitat is supposed to mimic the rocks. 

Here is another picture I took of them yesterday. 

20200924-112815.jpg

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I only shoot RAW.  

What software do you use for editing? I have a Nikon camera and have read that their free software is OK. I’m not worried about spending a few bucks on software but really don’t want to spend a lot of time editing photos.

Raw. JPEG can be useful for me when taking pics that I'm not super particular about,(pics of home projects and such),but most of the time raw. JPEG the camera does the processing and detail can be lost,(especially in darker and lighter parts of the image). Keeping in mind that it can be the glass being used as well,(noticed especially when pixel peeping).  I like having more control over the images because while a wonderful tool,the camera can be a bit flawed. :) So Raw and in basic setting,(meaning colors and sharpness are muted). I use Lightroom with the NIK add on for the most part.  Photomatix if I'm doing HDR. 

OH yeah.  Been awhile.  Few pics from past I haven't shared before,(1 is an image I took that I somehow overlooked).  

hmngbird3.jpg

2018fllclrs-43.jpg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

What software do you use for editing? I have a Nikon camera and have read that their free software is OK. I’m not worried about spending a few bucks on software but really don’t want to spend a lot of time editing photos.

Lightroom/Photoshop.  I don't do a whole lot of editing though.  In my opinion, RAW helps with to not need much editing.  For the most part, if I have to spend more than a couple minutes on a picture, than it isn't worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

Here are a couple I took as JPGs with no editing. Do they look a little lacking in detail?

I'm looking on my phone but I think you're right.  Though there could be other factors at play besides raw vs jpeg.  Aperture, focal point, shutter speed, etc.  I'm of the mindset of shoot raw unless you have a reason not to though. 

• 3 weeks later...

Rarely Seen Photographs Captured More Than You Already Know

This collection of rarely seen photographs capture a different side to history than you already know...with the advancement of modern technology, the photos from the past reveal more than we ever original expected to see.  

Take a closer look...now that they’re rendered in gorgeous color they’re no longer just photographs, but fully fledged true life moments in time. This personally selected collection of vintage photos that have been transformed from black and white to color will show you what life was really like in the past.

0c6bfe87d25f764b75754dd8e0c2103e.jpg

Circus performer Harriet Hodgini, sits on the gate of a truck helping Otto Griebling, a circus clown, apply his makeup, 1935 🎪

1ad5a745d3ee50c77ee280e2082f216f.jpg

Look closer, the sign reads: WEAR A MASK OR GO TO JAIL. Spanish flu, California 1918... 😷

Click on the link for more

• Like 6

36228782-0-image-a-39_1606661158313.jpg

David Smith, 64, snapped the beautiful image during a trip to  Storton's Pits, a nature reserve in Northampton, Northants - Birds form forbidding black orb in sky as solo sparrowhawk sweeps in for attack

25188396-8043691-image-a-54_158266024480

Another murmuration of starlings took the breathtaking form of a giant bird soaring across the horizon in Spain

• Like 4