Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Photography

LadySkinsFan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I love photos of birds. This one is outstanding! Photo and caption from the Birds FB page.

A female Cardinal zips through the air with wings tucked in. Taken in my back yard here in Seneca S.C. U.S.A. Photo and caption by Alex White.

Beware of damage to any local construction:

3519273A00000578-0-image-a-36_1465504556

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...

One of the those things that goes unsaid is that we don't get thunderstorms out here in the Bay Area. Like hardly ever. I've maybe heard/seen10 or so of them max since I've been here (so since 1999).

2020 continues its wackiness.

Picture is from the Santa Cruz area which is also experiencing bioluminescent waves right now.

I did not take the pic (done so by Johnny Chien). Nerdy stuff per him: single shot, 55mm, f1.8, ISO 100, 61 sec.

FB-IMG-1597596329252.jpg

• Like 5

Admittedly, I'm posting this pic as a follow up to my previous hummingbird pics more for the story than the quality of the photo.  I set up my feeder in June and for most of the summer I've had a lively mix of a couple Black-chinned nests and their broods. They squabbled around the feeder in way that was enjoyable to watch with my coffee on the patio each morning.  There would still be birds on all four of the perches at times.  About two weeks ago this bruiser (a male Roufus) showed up on his way south from Alaska (amazing for such a small creature) and established a level of dominance I'd be proud for the Washington Football team to share.  Not as fun to watch maybe, he dive bombs ANYTHING that gets close to the feeder while twittering up a racket, including me, but very impressive.  Upside is the families were going through a bottle a day and this guy takes about three to finish it so I don't have to be filling it up so often.  I'll try for some attack pics.  Hard to catch em though.

DSC_0077.JPG

• Like 2

We just had a lady over to take pics of our newborn and she was FANTASTIC.  Here is a pic I snapped of our son after she had gotten him into position for one of the shots.

AWY8Txw.jpg

And just for the record, she was masked up the whole time and used probably a whole bottle of hand sanitizer.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

They're so sweet when they're sleeping!

Yeah the lady who did the photos told us to keep him up beforehand.  So we got up at 6 and fed him and kept him up.  He dozed off at like 7:50 or so and she got here at 8 and he was awake.  First we took family pictures with all of us and then she had us feed him so that he'd be relaxed and go to sleep.  And that is exactly what happened and she was able to get a lot of very very cute pictures wearing various outfits and just in different positions.  I am excited to see how they come out.  I wasn't here for like 30 minutes because I had to pickup my 5 year old's school materials so I didn't get to see all of the takes.  There is a really cute one with my 5 year old and the newborn too.  

She was here for like 2 hours which I thought was a very generous amount of time to be with a photographer.  She wasn't cheap but the way she was with the baby and the time she spent here, I can understand why.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

You all know that I love photos of birds. Here's the link to the website 2020 Audubon Photography Awards. Lots of birds, some great photography by both amateurs and professionals. Please enjoy!

https://www.audubon.org/magazine/summer-2020/the-2020-audubon-photography-awards-top-100

And here are the award winners!

https://www.audubon.org/magazine/summer-2020/the-2020-audubon-photography-awards-winners

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 2