Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

TK

July 31, 2019

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

RICHMOND, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins signed the following free agents:

T Donald Penn

G Hugh Thornton

The Redskins waived the following player designated as injured:

C Casey Dunn

The Redskins waived the following player:

G Tyler Catalina

Catalina, why?  Are people going to say it's because he started a fight yesterday? I don't buy that. I know he's not that good of a back up but minus Penn how do they have any idea yet if the other two new guys can contribute anything. I'm sure there was somebody else they could have cut and continued to evaluate the bubble OL guys.

Penn has played RT and obviously LT.....Trent played a half at guard and has made it perfectly clear he prefers to play tackle.  Maybe we can talk Penn into playing guard.

But honestly Hugh Thornton might be able to shake off the rust and come in and contribute.  I like how the Skins are being so proactive in finding lineman.  I think it's going to pay off.

27 minutes ago, Poindexter said:

Penn has played RT and obviously LT.....Trent played a half at guard and has made it perfectly clear he prefers to play tackle.  Maybe we can talk Penn into playing guard.

But honestly Hugh Thornton might be able to shake off the rust and come in and contribute.  I like how the Skins are being so proactive in finding lineman.  I think it's going to pay off.

Proactive?  Proactive would have been addressing the OL months ago when they knew trouble was brewing with Trent.  These moves are reactive to the left side of the OL being a **** show for the start of TC.  

4 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Assuming Trent does come back eventually, how does this line look: 

LT: Trent

LG: Penn

C :  Chase

RG: Scherff

RT: Moses

Or, switch up Penn and Trent. I'll bet they'd play well together on that left side.....

I realize we have a hole at LG but why would you have Penn or Trent play that position? Trent would need some time to develop at that role and Penn will get all preseason playing tackle. Plus the Riaders moved him to RT last year and he struggled. 

Penn is a left tackle and so is Trent. I’m fine with Penn starting with Geron as the swing tackle and Robinson as another potential backup. Trade Trent for a draft pick and draft a tackle next year. It’s time to move on from Trent. 

Archived