Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Recommended Posts

Can't we squeeze some intel out of his good buddy, AP.

Seems really plausible, because remember last year when AP slipped up and leaked that he still spanked his kids, and everyone was worried he'd get suspended

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I think getting a true terminal illness scare has caused some/many to reconsider priorities in life e.g. i neeeeeeeed mo money.

 

Not for anything, but I'd consider retirement if that were the case. Since he's not retiring that we know of and sitting out to prove a point is meaningless once the regular season starts, that leaves money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

 

Not for anything, but I'd consider retirement if that were the case. Since he's not retiring that we know of and sitting out to prove a point is meaningless once the regular season starts, that leaves money.

 

It was just a scare that I have to say is unrelated to football (dirty helmet aside). So why run from football?

 

You keep neglecting the non guaranteed aspect and that is your choice. But I think even with the next 2 years guaranteed, he would be sitting out.

 

This may all be about skipping camp - who knows.  I am keeping an open mind and pushing back at anyone that proclaims that is HAS to be Mo Money.  It's a best guess.  If our org wasn't so dysfunctional, I may even lean towards that as my guess.

Edited by RandyHolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Can't we squeeze some intel out of his good buddy, AP.

Seems really plausible, because remember last year when AP slipped up and leaked that he still spanked his kids, and everyone was worried he'd get suspended

Last info we got from AP at the start of this whole drama was basically, and I'm paraphrasing here "news to me. Didnt think anything was wrong"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

 

It was just a scare that I have to say is unrelated to football (dirty helmet aside). So why run from football?

 

You keep neglecting the non guaranteed aspect and that is your choice. But I think even with the next 2 years guaranteed, he would be sitting out.

 

This may all be about skipping camp - who knows.  I am keeping an open mind and pushing back at anyone that proclaims that is HAS to be Mo Money.  It's a best guess.  If our org wasn't so dysfunctional, I may even lean towards that as my guess.

 

I haven’t neglected it. I addressed it and said that it apparently wasn’t an issue when he signed the deal, so why is it now? If other players are sitting for similar reasons, then this is CBA-specific, not Redskins-specific. 

 

If a health scare is about priorities, then what does it change? You’re saying it changes neither his desire for money nor his desire to play the game, so what does it change? He’ll still be playing come week 1, most likely, and the Redskins’ paychecks have never bounced, best I know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

 

 

I think Bruce said the right thing ; regardless of the outcome, or regardless of what he believe will be the outcome.

He's basically saying he expects Trent to report (because he should report). No reason to complicate it, or give Trent's side more fuel. Because if he says "I don't expect him to report", that could be perceived as justifying a reason for a holdout.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

I think Bruce said the right thing ; regardless of the outcome, or regardless of what he believe will be the outcome.

He's basically saying he expects Trent to report (because he should report). No reason to complicate it, or give Trent's side more fuel. Because if he says "I don't expect him to report", that could be perceived as justifying a reason for a holdout.

 

I agree. There's really nothing else to say at this point. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious if other teams are calling the Skins (not the Skins calling around) asking if Trent is available and the cost. Imagine the Texans who feel they are close but have OL questions would be interested.

 

If this is about the Medical Staff and issues that have happened with multiple players and it is confirmed. Then the Medical Staff needs to go also. 

 

If this is about wanting another bite at the apple at 31 with the games missed, the suspensions, and getting older. Then nope. 


 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Imagine the Texans who feel they are close but have OL questions would be interested

 

The Texans have come up in conversation in this thread several times. This should get interesting, or some clarity added, over the next few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're very close to me taking this issue seriously which will happen as soon as he's officially a no-show. On the other hand, I'll still have mixed feelings. My prediction for this year is 6-10. I think we have problems on the o-line, middle linebacker, a first year QB who won't know the system well (regardless of the QB chosen), questionmarks at corner, wide receiver, and I don't really have a lot of faith in Gruden or Manusky as chess masters.

 

If, this is going to be a bad year, I'd rather the wheels fall off.  So, is keeping Trent Williams to our advantage? Is he the difference between 6-10 and 10-6? We really don't need an elite left tackle to be successful at losing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

 

The Texans have come up in conversation in this thread several times. This should get interesting, or some clarity added, over the next few days.

What would we get from the texans..sure as hell wouldn't be a first..maybe a 3rd and a player..and there not shipping Hopkins off...so I hope trent stays a skin.

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

We're very close to me taking this issue seriously which will happen as soon as he's officially a no-show. On the other hand, I'll still have mixed feelings. My prediction for this year is 6-10. I think we have problems on the o-line, middle linebacker, a first year QB who won't know the system well (regardless of the QB chosen), questionmarks at corner, wide receiver, and I don't really have a lot of faith in Gruden or Manusky as chess masters.

 

If, this is going to be a bad year, I'd rather the wheels fall off.  So, is keeping Trent Williams to our advantage? Is he the difference between 6-10 and 10-6? We really don't need an elite left tackle to be successful at losing.

This is a very excellent post that I would normally get uptight about but you are completely spot on..good call burgold..

Will see another player released to free up more fundings and by end of August trent and Brandon will be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

What would we get from the texans..sure as hell wouldn't be a first..maybe a 3rd and a player..and there not shipping Hopkins off...so I hope trent stays a skin.

This is a very excellent post that I would normally get uptight about but you are completely spot on..good call burgold..

I actually felt distressed typing it and hesitated on submitting. I pride myself as being a "positive" fan. The signing of Case did make me feel somewhat better, but that's mostly because I like his underdog story and it's easy to root for him as someone wronged by the Vikings. Still, if I'm being honest (and I hope I'm wrong) I think this season will be an awful one.

 

The best chance for it is if our defense somehow materializes as the 85 Bears or 91 'Skins, but even if we had the talent to be that kind of D (and I don't think we do) I just think we have a very good D line and edge rushers) I don't think we have the defensive brain trust to capitalize on it. I mean I could see Manusky/Gruden taking the 85 Bears and playing them in a bend but don't break style, hoping that the O would win the games and all the tie breaks. Either that or I could see Manusky going with a 46 defense, doing mad blitzes, but putting his corners all in deep prevent thirty yards off their receivers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burgold said:

We're very close to me taking this issue seriously which will happen as soon as he's officially a no-show. On the other hand, I'll still have mixed feelings. My prediction for this year is 6-10. I think we have problems on the o-line, middle linebacker, a first year QB who won't know the system well (regardless of the QB chosen), questionmarks at corner, wide receiver, and I don't really have a lot of faith in Gruden or Manusky as chess masters.

 

If, this is going to be a bad year, I'd rather the wheels fall off.  So, is keeping Trent Williams to our advantage? Is he the difference between 6-10 and 10-6? We really don't need an elite left tackle to be successful at losing.

 

I like us to go 7-9 or 8-8 again WITH Trent. So I am kind of on the same page as you. I wouldnt be mad at all if they can get a second rounder for him and move on. We would be looking to draft his replacement next year anyways in all honesty. The guy cant stay healthy anymore and if he isnt going to be a team guy it is time to part ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sticking to my original prediction..15-1...but able to handle a 3-13 season lol..if that makes sense 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'm sticking to my original prediction..15-1...but able to handle a 3-13 season lol..if that makes sense 

 

In no world, is a Jay team 3-13.

He is Master of Mediocrity.

My money is between 7-9 and 9-7.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

In no world, is a Jay team 3-13.

He is Master of Mediocrity.

My money is between 7-9 and 9-7.

Oh but when the wheels fall off here they really fall off 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Oh but when the wheels fall off here they really fall off 

In fairness it hasnt happened under Jay though. Yes. His first year was miserable. But the guy has been as mediocre as it gets since then. I would love to see what Gruden could do with a real owner and front office. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Oh but when the wheels fall off here they really fall off 

 

The last 2 seasons of our injury report, I would consider as the wheels falling off, and he still did ok.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

In fairness it hasnt happened under Jay though. Yes. His first year was miserable. But the guy has been as mediocre as it gets since then. I would love to see what Gruden could do with a real owner and front office. 

I dunno. There were some back half of seasons where it really felt like the whole team (including Jay) just quit. That they gave almost zero effort out there. I've also seen games where it looks like Jay throws in the towel before the opening kickoff. He just writes off the game as a loss without even trying to win it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too have noticed what I will call Jay tapping out. IIRC, I remember getting irritated at punting down 2 scores with 3 minutes left and no timeouts, that kind of thing.  I hate to see a coach give up, and not even try hurry up at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The redskins posted on FB and tweeted about Trent being 81st on the NFL’s top 100 players of 2018. And every comment is from complete idiots saying “why post this” and “awkward”. Uhhh....maybe because he’s still part of the team and ranked 81st? Maybe that’s why they posted it? Duh. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally agree with you folks..compared to the previous coaches he's a God send..I just have that bad taste in my mouth about this season being a total wash..like season over by week 6 Gruden loses the locker room..whatever ya wanna call it..between the uncertainty behind center and a huge ? at wr and o line it already dont look good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.